Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Patch #1 for Madden NFL 10 is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"What's in the first title update:

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit"

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 maademperor @ 09/24/09 11:39 AM
i dont know if I even want this patch...

# 122 CSL @ 09/24/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece
Do I have to restart my franchise for these settings to take effect?
No except for missing career stats

# 123 Duece @ 09/24/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
No except for missing career stats

thanks I can give a damn about missing Career stats.

# 124 LBzrule @ 09/24/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
really? do you see this a lot now on sideline passes?
I'm not saying it is drastically better, but I did notice it on a couple of passes.

# 125 BroMontana82 @ 09/24/09 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I notice that even the coaching sliders are more effective now.

I'm using the adjusted coaching sliders in my chise from the Zero Custom sliders and

Good stuff!
1. Ravens are 20 on D aggression and they rarely blitz now w/ it at 20. Before they would still blitz too much imo, even at 20.

2. I have the Ravens set to 40 pass/run and 40 aggression and they had 1 pass to 9 runs to start the game.
Thats a 1st as well, before they would still pass too much imo.

So far so good. I like how the slider are more effective w/ the coaching schemes now.

Great job EA!
great to hear. can't wait to check out your new sliders with fatigue, coaching etc.

# 126 Deegeezy @ 09/24/09 11:42 AM
Anyone have any word on the pass rush? Is it improved?

I am currently on All-Madden with CPU pass rush set to 5 and I am getting about 2-3 sacks a game which is about realistic. Do I have reason to be concerned that this setting will now be broken?

# 127 joepa2624 @ 09/24/09 11:46 AM
Ok I'm pretty sure I downloaded the patch b/c I have the option of using broadcast camera but the 49ers helmets are still the wrong color and neither Vick nor Favre have their career stats. I'm almost positive I downloaded the Madden patch b/c I downloaded the Microsoft update yesterday and this one prompted me when I booted up Madden.

Am I missing something?

# 128 Comet21 @ 09/24/09 11:48 AM
Were the career stats only updated for the PS3? I looked under Player Management in the main menu and in a Franchise, but still no Franchise stats. Is this just happening on the 360, sorry I am a stat junkie.

# 129 aarondramp @ 09/24/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece
thanks I can give a damn about missing Career stats.
What about online franchises? Will the new patch affect those as well?

# 130 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
does anyone know if the Supersim feature has been addressed at all? I haven't tried it out post-patch, but pre-patch it was screwed up royally, with games being nothing but offensive shootouts.

The reason for that is because the super sim doesn't account for accelerated clock. It'll run a whole 12 minutes of plays instead of 12 minutes + 20 second accelerated clock or whatever you use.. It's crazy.

# 131 mvb34 @ 09/24/09 11:52 AM
Has anybody played online? Have the qtrs changed to 7 minutes? Thanks

# 132 Pangilinan @ 09/24/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepa2624
Ok I'm pretty sure I downloaded the patch b/c I have the option of using broadcast camera but the 49ers helmets are still the wrong color and neither Vick nor Favre have their career stats. I'm almost positive I downloaded the Madden patch b/c I downloaded the Microsoft update yesterday and this one prompted me when I booted up Madden.

Am I missing something?
Im having the same issue, I know I have the patch because it has AFL Legacy Mode as an option for me at the menu, and also I have the broadcast camera.

I have yet to notice any difference gameplay from the update. Im highly dissappointed right now.

# 133 Moegames @ 09/24/09 11:57 AM
Great patch so far..i decided to delete everything that i had from madden saves on my hdd..just to feel better and then i got the patch downloaded. So far so good..i mean yeah its still not perfect but its starting to look like more of a polished madden10..not saying its "polished" but this patch#1 has done some good for sure. I think the real changes will be made with patch#2 obviously but this will hold me down a bit.

Now i got something to tinker with this weekend as far as adjust new sliders lol...oh brother, this is gonna be a fun weekend tweaking my baby. Hey the AFL pack is freaking awesome..holy crap!

# 134 mems1224 @ 09/24/09 11:58 AM
im guessing that CPU throwing the ball everytime before he gets sacked hasnt been adressed? or the CPU throwing the ball right after the snap everytime you press??

anyone know???

# 135 cowboyscowboys @ 09/24/09 11:58 AM
No Favre and Vick career stats for me I am on 360.

# 136 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/24/09 12:02 PM
From what I'm reading (not t home, so I cannot play for myself), it sounds like they simply slowed down the route running of the "cheapie routes": drags, flat routes, TE/Slot WR slant, rather then improve the responsiveness of your short zone defenders.

Accurate observation?

How's manually DL play? Still suction block vortex on every snap?

# 137 wsboan11 @ 09/24/09 12:03 PM
i have had fumbles on 25 for cpu and human and was getting a decent amount for both, a few games with none. post patch, the fumbles slider had def been worked on. at 25, there were 3 cpu fumbles and 2 human fumbles in the first half alone. so i just bumped that up and its okay. only played one game so far but the game seems to be better.

# 138 DGuinta1 @ 09/24/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Great patch so far..i decided to delete everything that i had from madden saves on my hdd..just to feel better and then i got the patch downloaded. So far so good..i mean yeah its still not perfect but its starting to look like more of a polished madden10..not saying its "polished" but this patch#1 has done some good for sure. I think the real changes will be made with patch#2 obviously but this will hold me down a bit.

Now i got something to tinker with this weekend as far as adjust new sliders lol...oh brother, this is gonna be a fun weekend tweaking my baby. Hey the AFL pack is freaking awesome..holy crap!
Got to luv your positive attitude. Nice to see in mostly a neg. thread, at least it seams.

# 139 Pangilinan @ 09/24/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
im guessing that CPU throwing the ball everytime before he gets sacked hasnt been adressed? or the CPU throwing the ball right after the snap everytime you press??

anyone know???
The QB still has spider senses and throws the ball before the defender gets to him. I found out a good trick to avoid that though, play as the DE's and when you are close enough to get to him press "X" and for some reason it will stop his animation of throwing and it allows you to sack him. If you try to hit stick or run into him, he will throw the ball every time.

# 140 Moegames @ 09/24/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I notice that even the coaching sliders are more effective now.

I'm using the adjusted coaching sliders in my chise from the Zero Custom sliders and

Good stuff!
1. Ravens are 20 on D aggression and they rarely blitz now w/ it at 20. Before they would still blitz too much imo, even at 20.

2. I have the Ravens set to 40 pass/run and 40 aggression and they had 1 pass to 9 runs to start the game.
Thats a 1st as well, before they would still pass too much imo.

So far so good. I like how the slider are more effective w/ the coaching schemes now.

Great job EA!
Me too dude.. about the coaching sliders..its more effective..i gotta watch the placebo effect though but im really liking the changes made so far as i stated above. Overall..its not a HUGE change but definitely an improvement for us "not so picky gamers" but i just started messing with sliders so by this weekend i'll know how much of an improvement patch1 has done.

Man i hope patch2 dont take ages..i want to get that in and just finally enjoy the game for the rest of the season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.