Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

We have just posted some screenshots from our beta copy of NBA 2K10. These feature sliders, team and player ratings. No requests here!

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/09 12:03 PM
DC....I thought i read that they have a bearing on the overall rating? I may be "misremembering"

# 82 DC @ 09/25/09 12:08 PM
http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/194897?page=33

Read this, starting from page 33 from when I posted the overalls. They are funny.

24, I am not sure where ypu saw that but I am 100% sure I read that someone from CH2K is doing the ratings this year

# 83 Bornindamecca @ 09/25/09 12:24 PM
I think the shooting ratings don't affect the overall very much. I see a few people who will be getting big boosts by December though.

# 84 jeebs9 @ 09/25/09 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
If the players play like themselves, I have no problem with the ratings. It's obvious that the superstar players are in the 90's. Just by skimming the ratings, there's about 4 or 5 of those players.

Kobe
LeBron
Wade
Paul

off the top of my head.

All-Stars are in the 80's, and great players are in the 70's. Seems consistent enough because in previous games, offensive players would have some really high ratings in contrast to a well rounded player.
Speaking the truth

# 85 ehh @ 09/25/09 12:38 PM
Thabeet @ a 57ovr. Nice!

Prob a bit too high though.

# 86 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/25/09 12:44 PM
Just got around to seeing these now, man hey look freaking great, One thing that stands out, is the player ratings, they are no longer sky HIGH, I love that.

# 87 DC @ 09/25/09 01:31 PM
Yea I am curious what caused the big gap between Deron and CP3. I think a lot of his has to do with inflated personalized ratings of CP3 due to the fact that he plays on an MVP Level and Deron doesn't. But we all know the gap in terms of skill level between the two isn't that great. But they are different types of PGs

# 88 DC @ 09/25/09 01:52 PM
I agree, I would think Dwight would have been the 5th 90 rated player. But again, he is the #1 center by a MILE. So, no complaint

I was also expecting KG to have a lower rating than 89 since he is coming off of an incomplete season because of injury.

I do agree that Rondo is not a top 10 player, but in terms of all around ability and skill, and how that translate into a video game. You can argue that he IS. But if I ranked the players from best to worst, he wouldn't be Top 10

# 89 walliworld @ 09/25/09 02:05 PM
Thanks. I LOVE the new ratings. There are only a few superstars in the NBA, they deserve the high ratings. There are All-Stars who are high-mid 80s and the rest are role players.

Good Job 2K...

# 90 TheFiasco87 @ 09/25/09 02:07 PM
love love love the new ratings.

# 91 Bornindamecca @ 09/25/09 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea I am curious what caused the big gap between Deron and CP3. I think a lot of his has to do with inflated personalized ratings of CP3 due to the fact that he plays on an MVP Level and Deron doesn't. But we all know the gap in terms of skill level between the two isn't that great. But they are different types of PGs
CP3's steal rating probably has a lot to do with it.

# 92 DC @ 09/25/09 02:42 PM
I thought about that Born, but I am still wondering what warrants a 5 point difference. Steals is only one thing and I am assuimg that since he is a great steals-man, his defensive awareness is inflated as well. We will see though.

# 93 tehova @ 09/25/09 02:48 PM
Regarding Dwill some unbiased people would say he's only the 2nd best point guard on his team

# 94 Jukeman @ 09/25/09 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
All the people talking about Rondo are hilarious... How many 2 way PGs in the NBA do you know? Almost every one of those guys are good for offense only. Rondo can score, play defense, and rebound. Which ironically are the 3 main ratings that are kept track of. Same reason that Kobe/LeBron/Wade/Paul are rated so high. Those 4 guys can score, play defense, and rebound.
QFT

"dont be hatin" - B-Rad.

On my MAIN man RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!

# 95 jeebs9 @ 09/25/09 03:53 PM
I know this has been a huge topic for a while now. But someone said they have the same skills. But one gets more steals so that mean his defense awareness is inflated. That doesn’t make any sense. If a guy leads the league in steals. Your saying that he doesn’t have/shouldn’t have a higher awareness than guy who I doesn’t get as many steals as he does? They both have the same skills? (SMH) You guys have it backwards. Don’t get me wrong here. I love D Williams. I think he has a much better shooting stroke than CP3. But at the end of the defense always over shadows offense. D Williams just doesn’t affect the game like a little annoying CP3. CP3 reminds me of A.I. back in the day. So active and annoying.

# 96 Jukeman @ 09/25/09 04:01 PM
Oh yea and @ some of you guys basing ratings off of hype instead of skill.....these rating are spot on for the most part...2k10 is getting some choops2k8 greatness!

I wonder what AI is rated??? 78-80 is my guess...

# 97 Streets @ 09/25/09 04:12 PM
Man, T-Mac got dropped hard this year, lol.

Hopefully, the real T-Mac will prove all the doubters wrong and warrant a big ratings boost via a roster update (though by the time he does, I'll be midway through the season with my 77 rated T-Mac). This sorry *** virtual T-Mac better take the MLE when I try to re-sign him at the end of the first year.

# 98 chrome381 @ 09/25/09 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Lol for years ive been bothered by this, but i think im just gonna let it go and not care about it. I think i mean i know there shouldn't be more than a two point diff between the two hell i think they should be the same rating, their both at a different level than any other pg in the league, Dwill has gone just as far as CP3 has in the playoffs while carrying his team just like CP3 has.

Their both amazing passers Dwill is cautious but accurate CP3 is a more free flowing and fancy passer, Dwill is a better scorer and can take over a game with his scoring better than CP3 can.

CP3 is a better defender and much quicker and faster, Dwill is the strongest PG in the league is a better jump shooter and has a better crossover lol. I think they should be very close rating wise since they are very similar skillset wise but play two very different styles of basketball.

I don't think anyone who has really watched them both play at their best can say who is better which is why i would give them the same rating despite the media's CP3 obsession.

# 99 jeebs9 @ 09/25/09 04:18 PM
I’m not fighting about it. Just guys keep saying stuff like inflated. Which makes no sense to me. They're exactly the same PG’s (offensive..one probably is just a way better shooter….above average at best). But one leads the league in steals. And people are saying inflated defensive awareness. SMH…. But I can’t even see these rating. Everytime I click one of the icon. All I get are screenshots and videos. Where are the ratings?….lolfficeffice" />>>

# 100 jeebs9 @ 09/25/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome381
Lol for years ive been bothered by this, but i think im just gonna let it go and not care about it. I think i mean i know there shouldn't be more than a two point diff between the two hell i think they should be the same rating, their both at a different level than any other pg in the league, Dwill has gone just as far as CP3 has in the playoffs while carrying his team just like CP3 has.

Their both amazing passers Dwill is cautious but accurate CP3 is a more free flowing and fancy passer, Dwill is a better scorer and can take over a game with his scoring better than CP3 can.

CP3 is a better defender and much quicker and faster, Dwill is the strongest PG in the league is a better jump shooter and has a better crossover lol. I think they should be very close rating wise since they are very similar skillset wise but play two very different styles of basketball.

I don't think anyone who has really watched them both play at their best can say who is better which is why i would give them the same rating despite the media's CP3 obsession.
I’m not trying to change this into a CP3 vs Dwill thread. But one of the players leads the league in steals. Both guys are tops at their position in assist. But one of the players leads the league in steals. He is the scale which everyone else at his position will be grade/measured on. If Dwill got maybe half of the steal that CP3 got. This would not be a thing. I could put them on the same level. But that’s
not the case here.

edit: Oh god even worst I just checked out both players stats. CP3 averages more rebounds than Dwill.....I never knew that. Seriously.....I'm kind of surprised by that.
A good read...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,191685

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.