Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

I and a few others were lucky enough to attend the NBA 2K10 launch party here in NYC.

We were given full copies of the game and are willing to answer questions.

The only thing I'm going to tell you guys right now:

NO QUESTIONS ABOUT RATINGS. We already post them in the NBA 2K10 screenshots section.

Ok, let the madness begin.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1001 Po Pimp @ 10/01/09 07:06 PM
Is there a tutorial on how to do moves like there was in 2k9?

# 1002 BroMontana82 @ 10/01/09 07:10 PM
What's the deal with this Defensive Assist slider people are talking about? I know it helps out on D as the computer will move you around automatically in the correct positioning. At 0, it would be off, but what exactly would the difference be of say 50, and 100? Other than positioning, does it do anything else like make it easier to get steals, time rebound jumping, or anything like that?

# 1003 awr0430 @ 10/01/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Haha its ok man...I just keep getting the different answers. Some people say yes and some people say no. This would really make my 2k experience much easier. I usually play Live, but I switched due to association mode being insane, and I really want to be able to do isomotion effectively.
There is an alternate control scheme to change the dribble moves to the right joystick and one to change it to passing, however there will be no shot stick. Only the button configured shot. which is X on the 360. Hope that answers your question.

# 1004 awr0430 @ 10/01/09 07:32 PM
Pared i noticed that if you change the alley oops slider between 20 to 25 they happen but mostly on fast breaks. There is no half court alleys except rarely. Keep in mind I am playing on Hall of Fame difficulty with shooting slider adjustments.

# 1005 bobbysco13 @ 10/01/09 09:08 PM
Played this game on All-Star Level....Me (Nuggets) VS CPU (Jazz) ONLY lowered the shooting sliders each to 45 both ways and left everything else......GREAT GAME!!!!! Played this with 8 min. quarters by the way.

# 1006 LB23 @ 10/01/09 09:43 PM
Hey Pared, how is the practice mode? Do you practice in an empty arena of the team, or is it a practice facility? Also are there practice jerseys in the game? And for my last question, like someone asked earlier, is there a tutorial to tell you how to do all the moves in the game?

# 1007 Goffs @ 10/01/09 11:27 PM
has anybody tried the SHowtime cam? ive always loved this cam from 2k7 and 8 but in 2k9 the cam was zoomed out a bit farther....im wondering if its zoomed in a bit closer...

# 1008 Killah_B @ 10/02/09 04:40 PM
Ive been noticing a few bugs and incorrect things since I got the game(been playing for about 5 days now)

1. In the paint framerate
2. Sometimes when looking at the "Awards Race" it does not tell you what award that you are looking at
3. In association when showing the stat line of the player the night before it says 0 points but the announcer does say the correct points the player scored
4. Some of the players have the wrong numbers or 2 people with the same number for example Antonio Daniels and Okafor both wear 50
5. One of the association years that I simmed Lebron won MVP, Defensive Player of the Year and heres the doozy Most Improved Player

Im sure all of that can get fixed with a patch and an update to the rosters of course besides that all in all its a great game.

# 1009 DC @ 10/02/09 05:05 PM
Pared, have you seen any "dunk" situations that would have upset me?

# 1010 marscay @ 10/02/09 05:07 PM
Having been pretty dissapointed in 2k9 to the point where i didn't play much hoops for the last 6mths (tried live09 and it was pish) 2k10 is a definitely a step in the right direction.

I thought the Live10 demo was pretty sweet and was ready to consider switching over to EA this season if 2K didn't improve but 60 secs into my first game on 2k10 showed up Live10's faults immediately to me. EA have done well but it all feels far too scripted/generic to me .....dare i say it still 'more arcade' than 2k10.

Not that 2k10 is perfect but it does those things that make it feel less like a video game for me, player models are outstanding as is the sound of the ring & nets. Driving to the basket feels more natural and controlled this time out, laying off whilst airborne has tightened up and feels much nicer ....this is one of my biggest gripes with Live10 ....every drive & layup toward the basket feels the same every time ...the whole process for offence and defence feels more natural in 2k10 & with alot more variation.

ISOmotion is still a little clunky for me and this is the one are where i really think they could learn a thing or two from EA's implementation, it feels alot better than 2k9 in this regard but versus the stick it still feels a bit sloppy and at times frustrating but making LT the key modifier was a master stroke.

The post game also shows up the competition, just miles better.

And probably the thing i like best is the court spacing, no longer feels closed in and makes a massive difference - fastbreaks are killer ....poor shots get punished and you can run the break properly this time w/out the defence catching up everytime.

So i say well done to EA as Live has progresses massively and you can be happy with either game this year but 2K is still where it's at for realism for me.

# 1011 prolyfic @ 10/02/09 06:09 PM
When checking plays do they show a movie or is it just like last year?

# 1012 Jukemz @ 10/02/09 09:32 PM
some minor bugs are annoying me.. especially in multiplayer me and my friend is playing and it start to like turbolag and speeds up and ****..and when someone scores sometimes they announce the first name as AL ... as in AL GORDON wtf???? n some other minor stuff but i hope we can get a update taking all this non-sense out... other than that, this game is a champ

# 1013 TheFiasco87 @ 10/02/09 09:49 PM
Anyone with the game could you just answer these two questions for me.

1. Does the star player on the other team actually dominate more? ie. if im playing the lakers will kobe actually look to score often? (this never happend in 2k9)

2. Is there an actual midrange game this year?

# 1014 thmst30 @ 10/02/09 10:10 PM
Can one of the many people with the game do me a quick favor? Just play a home game with the Bobcats go into replay mode and see if the players have holes in their necks. Every screen I have seen of them in 2K10 the neck ends before the jersey begins. Maybe that is what the small patch was for? Here are some examples of what I am talking about, notice the black between the neck and jersey. One of these screens is from the retail version of 2K10 pre-patch. So hopefully that was the fix.

# 1015 Jet Sufferer @ 10/02/09 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscay
Having been pretty dissapointed in 2k9 to the point where i didn't play much hoops for the last 6mths (tried live09 and it was pish) 2k10 is a definitely a step in the right direction.

I thought the Live10 demo was pretty sweet and was ready to consider switching over to EA this season if 2K didn't improve but 60 secs into my first game on 2k10 showed up Live10's faults immediately to me. EA have done well but it all feels far too scripted/generic to me .....dare i say it still 'more arcade' than 2k10.

Not that 2k10 is perfect but it does those things that make it feel less like a video game for me, player models are outstanding as is the sound of the ring & nets. Driving to the basket feels more natural and controlled this time out, laying off whilst airborne has tightened up and feels much nicer ....this is one of my biggest gripes with Live10 ....every drive & layup toward the basket feels the same every time ...the whole process for offence and defence feels more natural in 2k10 & with alot more variation.

ISOmotion is still a little clunky for me and this is the one are where i really think they could learn a thing or two from EA's implementation, it feels alot better than 2k9 in this regard but versus the stick it still feels a bit sloppy and at times frustrating but making LT the key modifier was a master stroke.

The post game also shows up the competition, just miles better.

And probably the thing i like best is the court spacing, no longer feels closed in and makes a massive difference - fastbreaks are killer ....poor shots get punished and you can run the break properly this time w/out the defence catching up everytime.

So i say well done to EA as Live has progresses massively and you can be happy with either game this year but 2K is still where it's at for realism for me.
Very nice review, bro.

You touched on a lot of points that are important. Court spacing, dishing off in the air and realistic fast breaks and post up game make this years version really sound like a winner. I used to run the break like a madman in 2k1 on the Dreamcast.

# 1016 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/03/09 05:41 AM
quick question

Are their any other dunk packages than the ones listed here:

Rimgrazer
Basic Bigman
Athletic Bigman
Athletic Guard

Player Specific
:
Carmelo, Kobe, Vince, Duncan, Garnett, Dwight, Iggy, LeBron, Nate Robinson, Josh Smith, Nene, Shaq, Amare, Wade, JamesWhite
Yao

I hear there is an "Air" package. Is that true

# 1017 Potatoes002 @ 10/03/09 05:52 AM
Any Kyle Weaver screenshots(OKC)?. Thanks.

# 1018 aga11ah @ 10/03/09 12:30 PM
my question was for someone with the PS3 Version...

I know custom soundtracks aren't on PS3 2k10 but... do they at least let you use the audio thats already in the game?

(example: if I wanted the Game's track to always be played at a certain arena)

# 1019 Pared @ 10/03/09 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ndrgmaster
is there a specific way to continue ur player from DC.

i went to my player then two option, new or continue i press continue and couldn't find my DC file. do we need to convert file or anything i already uploaded the player from DC.

thanks
Yes, go to new, then it will ask you if you want to load your player from the DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNBA2k10
Yo Pared, is the help defense a huge problem in the retail version of the game? Because its a pain in the azz in the demo, as soon as your man is just one step by the defender the cpu comes to help and leave their man open for a easy score
No, not really. There have been times when players come over a little too hard but if you turn off double teams (call them manually) a lot of that is eliminated.

# 1020 drewbaby1414 @ 10/03/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
Played this game on All-Star Level....Me (Nuggets) VS CPU (Jazz) ONLY lowered the shooting sliders each to 45 both ways and left everything else......GREAT GAME!!!!! Played this with 8 min. quarters by the way.

This is great brother....I think by playing 10 min quarters it would give you about perfect stats....that would be like adding on 1 extra 8 min quarter.

Can you post some box scores?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.