Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo is now available at the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 weylum @ 09/29/09 06:52 AM
This demo just solidified a day one purchase.

I don't know about y'all, but I am really digging the feel of the game.

Looks miles better than the combine as well.

Gonna play a couple more so I can elaborate.

# 42 Jano @ 09/29/09 07:01 AM
Game is a lot better then 2k9 for sure I'm really having fun w/ this one. The post game is going to be excellent once I learn all the controls for it.

But I'm really not feelin the perimeter game though this one aspect I feel the other does better. The way passing and dribble moves are handled is good but I just prefer Live's control.

I don't feel as in control on the perimeter mostly b/c I just suck with isomotion. I also hope 2K adds in some type of direct passing control b/c that would just be sick in this game.

Lastly I want to say that the crowd sounds good and this game just looks great in motion. The animation superb and I haven't seen too many out of place anims.

Overall this is a great improvement to 2K9 everything from the controls to the presentation has improved. This is still 2K so if you didn't like 2k9 you probably won't like this one though.

I'm definitely going to be picking this one up once I can get the funds for it. Both devs really delivered this year and I think you can't go wrong w/ either game this year.

# 43 RayDog253 @ 09/29/09 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay
It seems overall there are more negative impressions than positive? im in Australia so i cant get it for a while still, so do any of you guys think that this is going to be a great game judging by the demo? it seems like most people are a bit dissapointed.
I thought it was out in AUS first???

# 44 pilonv1 @ 09/29/09 07:02 AM
I had a kicked ball in one game, which I'd never seen before. Plus a defensive three second by my AI team mate.

It feels harder to score right under the basket but a lot of the low post moves are still too strong. I do like the new post movement though, it flows a lot better.

Re: Australia - go to Marketplace, then All Games, "N" and NBA 2k10, it should be there.

There's a weird animation if you are running full speed forward, then pull the opposite direction immediately. In 2k9 it would do a pullback dribble, in this demo it seems to warp your player back to where he would end up.

I love at the end of the quarter the AI will get the ball to Kobe ASAP. Feels just like the end of a period for once.

Triple threat is now LT+stick, not LT+RT+stick. Took me a while to work that out.

# 45 Da_Czar @ 09/29/09 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLIDAK
Im new on this site and have been playing 2k since its been out. I know a lot of u dont play the game how it should be played and trust me i know. I have a lot of friends that complain about games, that if u play it the rigth way you'll enjoy it more.

kblidak welcome to the OS family. Although this may be the one site on the internet where your blanket statement that a lot of us don't play the game how it should be played could be considered a very poor assumption. Tons of sim ballers on this site.

anyway... welcome my man !!!

# 46 RayDog253 @ 09/29/09 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_superman
I think when you play the demo you try to do things like you did in 2k9 and realize they don't work. To me it really feels like a whole new ballgame and it took me awhile to adjust but once I changed up my style it was a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't like was there seemed to always be somebody open for three and help defense didn't rotate fast enough.
This...... I think if I didn't play the Live 10 demo I wouldn't be enjoying this as much. I play a lot smarter on defense and offense thanks to the Live 10 demo. And some of you might find that funny, but thats honestly how I feel.

# 47 Da_Czar @ 09/29/09 07:05 AM
Is it confirmed that there are not plays ? also all kidding aside can someone tell me if their players are moving on their own defensively. Once I get my man in position if i don't move the stick he will move on his own. can someone verify that for me. I think It may just be my controller.

Edit it occurs when playing off ball defense.

Only played one game so far so no impressions just wanted to check on the plays and control. Presentation is TOP notch

# 48 Killa_Khaos7 @ 09/29/09 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilonv1
Triple threat is now LT+stick, not LT+RT+stick. Took me a while to work that out.
It seems like all of the Iso moves are LeftTrigger + LeftStick now. What a weird change. So RightTrigger is Turbo only?

# 49 Scoop 24 @ 09/29/09 07:09 AM
demo is striped down all the way .... but it played a nice smooth Basketball Game. but this is early impressions.. i like the way artest feel on the court i was able to do somethings with him. they ran there own sets of plays he got open a few times and hit his shots.

# 50 Wiffyjustus @ 09/29/09 07:11 AM
Quote:
It seems overall there are more negative impressions than positive? im in Australia so i cant get it for a while still, so do any of you guys think that this is going to be a great game judging by the demo? it seems like most people are a bit dissapointed.
It's available now in Australia. I'm downloading it.

# 51 RayDog253 @ 09/29/09 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Is it confirmed that there are not plays ? also all kidding aside can someone tell me if their players are moving on their own defensively. Once I get my man in position if i don't move the stick he will move on his own. can someone verify that for me. I think It may just be my controller.

Edit it occurs when playing off ball defense.

Only played one game so far so no impressions just wanted to check on the plays and control. Presentation is TOP notch
I noticed that as well, LOL I also thought it was just my controller.

# 52 Jano @ 09/29/09 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
This...... I think if I didn't play the Live 10 demo I wouldn't be enjoying this as much. I play a lot smarter on defense and offense thanks to the Live 10 demo. And some of you might find that funny, but thats honestly how I feel.
So true Ray Live retaught me how to properly play bball games LOL. I knew how to videogame bball pretty well but after playing Live I'm playing w/ a real life basketball mindset now.

It improved every part of my game and that knowledge has spilled over into this game also. It's like Czar said if you just play real basketball you will be fine and I think that will finally hold true for both games this year.

This is a great year for bball lovers

# 53 jon_superman @ 09/29/09 07:16 AM
I wish there was a practice mode like nba live 10 because you have to get used to the controls and that can be hard when someone is guarding you, I think a team practice would have been a better demo but this is gonna be a great game. I think they did a great job in limiting the cheesing factor and that may frustrate some people who don't play ball all the time, and that is the hard line to draw with sports games in general.

# 54 eNgIeS @ 09/29/09 07:16 AM
Quote:
demo is out in australia and game is out on oct 9th what chu talkn bout

# 55 The One @ 09/29/09 07:20 AM
Nice Demo. You will not get a good Vibe at first since it looks kinda like 2k9. Then you try to do things like you would do in 2k9 and they don't working properly making the game feel sluggish. Main thing will be the isomotion. In previous games the turbo trigger(Right Trigger) was also the basic isomotion with the other trigger being the modifier. Because they added a turbo meter for this game, that control scheme had to change; so they switch controls so that the turbo trigger will be the Advance isomotion modifier thus preventing us from depleting are turbo meter while just trying to do a basic crossover.

# 56 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 07:21 AM
haha funny you should say that Czar....when the other demo dropped al you heard wad "you have to play real basketball to enjoy it" I wish people would stop saying that period lol

# 57 Wiffyjustus @ 09/29/09 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
kblidak welcome to the OS family. Although this may be the one site on the internet where your blanket statement that a lot of us don't play the game how it should be played could be considered a very poor assumption. Tons of sim ballers on this site.

anyway... welcome my man !!!
Your tact is indeed exemplary. I hope more will follow your example.

# 58 The One @ 09/29/09 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_Khaos7
It seems like all of the Iso moves are LeftTrigger + LeftStick now. What a weird change. So RightTrigger is Turbo only?
Its also the modifier. You hold on left trigger to do crossover and spinmoves ect. You hold on both triggers(Ft+Rt) to do special crossover, behind the back ect,

# 59 MagnumPA8 @ 09/29/09 07:23 AM
I didn't see the Demo on Xbox Live Marketplace on my console, but you can get it from the website! I duarantee most of the people making negative comments don't like 2K, so please go to the next forum with your BS posts....how much EA paying ya'll...lol

# 60 antoine79 @ 09/29/09 07:24 AM
I'm feeling the demo. The presentation is top notch for what is there. The graphics look really cleaned up and very smooth. A lot less jaggies this year. The cpu ai works hard on offense.

My only problem with the demo is that its in broadcast cam. I know it gives the game that watching on television feel, but its harder for me to pull off my iso moves. I like my left to be left and my right to be right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.