Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo is now available at the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 601 marcoyk @ 10/02/09 06:17 AM
I kind of like this demo. I wish it had the graphics and gear that Live has, though...

# 602 delilio @ 10/02/09 10:00 AM
2K have done a decent job with this game. Now to see how online plays!

# 603 vengeful34 @ 10/02/09 11:52 AM
Nba 2k10 is officially getting the epic win this year. Ive already reserved my copy.

# 604 Gosens6 @ 10/02/09 01:03 PM
After playing through the demo I am extremely dissapointed with the CPU's shooting percentages. I just finished a game where the Magic shot 100% from the field. Didn't miss a single shot.

All they did was pass inside the entire 4 minutes and shoot that stupid underhand layup. Of course my defensive players either did nothing to prevent this, or slid way out of position to just let the easy layup go in.

And don't let the CPU shoot an inside hook on you. Whether it be Dwight Howard or Jameer Nelson it's going in all the time.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm very excited to get my copy on tuesday but this shot percentage crap needs to get fixed ASAP.

# 605 Tiko7523 @ 10/02/09 02:06 PM
damn after flip flopping between 2k and live demos on xbox

2k seems not fluid at all some stuff on the game ur like oh wow like lay ups inside the paint and the dunks and etc and then when the players move ur like wowww they cant move at all like i literally cant do a leaner shot its really hard to i only done 1 so far.

for the people who have the retail and have played the demo... has the game changed much is it much smoother on the retail copy as far as player movements go?

i dont wanna switch guys but i am really tempted help me out here

# 606 jaharbin @ 10/02/09 06:17 PM
To reassure 2k fans i have played the retail verison of 2k10 and the controls are ten times tigher than on the demo you will appreciate it when you play the real game.

Also with the shooting percentages yes they are high but you have to play real defense if you dont the computer will kill you. If by any chance you actually watch the real nba 9/10 if they have an open shot they are going to make it thats why they get paid the big bucks. On a good note I had the computer shooting 40% on hall of fame but when I started playing like a cheeser I got my lights shot out.

# 607 Tiko7523 @ 10/02/09 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaharbin
To reassure 2k fans i have played the retail verison of 2k10 and the controls are ten times tigher than on the demo you will appreciate it when you play the real game.

Also with the shooting percentages yes they are high but you have to play real defense if you dont the computer will kill you. If by any chance you actually watch the real nba 9/10 if they have an open shot they are going to make it thats why they get paid the big bucks. On a good note I had the computer shooting 40% on hall of fame but when I started playing like a cheeser I got my lights shot out.
thank god lol now 2k is back in the ball game for me..... so this means i gotta wait for reviews for sure then.

does anyone have LIVE AND 2K?

# 608 Rockafella2x @ 10/02/09 11:28 PM
been playing around with some stuff and I think the hesitation move is too powerful (while holding RT tap LT) with Kobe and VC its an automatic canimated 6-8feet towards the hoop I expect this to give people a headache online

# 609 jcwkings @ 10/03/09 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella2x
been playing around with some stuff and I think the hesitation move is too powerful (while holding RT tap LT) with Kobe and VC its an automatic canimated 6-8feet towards the hoop I expect this to give people a headache online
which is why im switching to live this year (combined with the fact that 2k servers are garbage on ps3). at least live plays a realistic game of ball this year.

# 610 Ozeob @ 10/03/09 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
damn after flip flopping between 2k and live demos on xbox

2k seems not fluid at all some stuff on the game ur like oh wow like lay ups inside the paint and the dunks and etc and then when the players move ur like wowww they cant move at all like i literally cant do a leaner shot its really hard to i only done 1 so far.

for the people who have the retail and have played the demo... has the game changed much is it much smoother on the retail copy as far as player movements go?

i dont wanna switch guys but i am really tempted help me out here
I'm the same. I've bought the last 3 or 4 NBA2Ks but after playing the demos I'm a bit torn. Do i go with the trusted 2K or try something new. I like the control of NBA Live whereas 2K seems like it goes into animations I didn't want it to. It's a very hard choice this year. The fact 2Ks gameplay seemed unrealistic (Shooting percentages and Ally-oops), its kinda putting me off. But because I've trusted them for so long I'm thinking the final version will be different (fixed)?

I'll keep going between the two, finding flaws and decide which one I enjoy most. Maybe I need a year off 2K just to try something new and different.

# 611 rawcorp @ 10/03/09 07:06 AM
First of all, to everyone complaining that the CPU shoots too high a percentage, WATCH A REAL NBA GAME! Remember this is ONE QUARTER! Shooting a high percentage in one quarter happens all the time. Its after the course of the game, or FOUR QUARTERS, do the percentages AVERAGE out to 40-55%. It is not that hard for a team to shoot a high percentage in one quarter especially if they get hot, or there is just bad defense.

Another thing is maybe the default difficulty level of this DEMO wasnt set too high so that EVERYONE, not only people who have played 2k before, can enjoy and learn the game. If the CPU played really great NBA defense in this demo, then imagine all the people that would be turned off this game for it being too hard. I'm sure once the retail version comes out and we can adjust difficulty etc, this game will be even more sim than it is.

The game plays great, I have been able to get leaners on a consistent basis when shooting with the RS. The transitions into certain animations could be a little smoother IMO. Live has a few smoother layup transition animations to me. But overall, 2k10 is still the best NBA Sim game out. Still have to get used to the new post up game controls. The post up game is really deep, and great this year.

# 612 RaY_Z @ 10/03/09 09:03 AM
I've been an NBA Live fan from NBA live 1998 al the way to Nba live 2005... from 2006 the 2K series has taken me by a storm and live just went down the crapper for me, up until 2008 and 2009 where although they improved leaps and bounds, was still not enough for me to buy it over nba 2k8 and nba 2k9.

Judging by this demo and the nba live demo, its wierd to say it and even feel it but i may be getting LIVE for the first time over 2K since 2005.

The again it is just demo, but here's hoping there is at least an improvement from the nba 2k10 demo to the actual final game.

# 613 marcoyk @ 10/03/09 11:20 PM
At first I liked the Live demo more, but now I'm starting to like the 2K demo more. A big thing for me between the two is blocked shots. I feel like I can actually protect the paint in 2K10. In Live 10 I just feel like my defenders are flying towards whatever direction they're facing, opposed to the ball. Another thing I'm really enjoying in 2K are their post-moves. You can really get some nasty moves going while there are only generic spins and power moves in Live (excluding fade-aways, which both games have (I'd have to say I like 2K's more)). But I do like the play-calling and equipment of Live 10 MUCH more than 2K10. This will be one tough decision.

# 614 ocat @ 10/04/09 06:01 AM
My last thoughts on the demo before i get my hands on the retail version:

Why couldn't they make the demo the 4th quarter instead of the 1st, it would of made it just a little bit more enjoyable playing the CPU who would actually try to win the game. Just a thought for next year perhaps

# 615 Navjot @ 10/04/09 10:23 PM
As always, 2K doesn't disappoint. Great gameplay.

# 616 candiasis @ 10/05/09 07:19 AM
Felt like the nba live 09 demo, extremely disappointed.

# 617 B-Wills @ 10/05/09 08:09 PM
Downloading now....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.