Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo is now available at the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jlmjlm @ 09/29/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Ohh the post game is feeling indignant ( awesome). I don't have the controls down yet but I just faked left and then hit Kobe's fadeaway. Very nice. I need another quarter man so I can play. just when i get it going the quarter ends.

The auto def movement is causing me to fight a bit more than i like for control off ball.

I am a big playbook guy too so I wish we had a few plays. I feel so unsim LOL.... love the post game so far though. auto post up is not my favorite in either game but I will give the 2k mechanic some time just like I did the other game before officially declaring my dislike for their autopost up. may just take some getting used to.

I kinda like Kobe's jumper... I guess I'm in the minority there.
i was watching other gameplay videos and i saw vast amount of playbook options you can pick from pg sg sf pf c all the positions have each 4 different plays you can run it's probably by how the team runs their plays for each position

# 82 shadio5 @ 09/29/09 08:17 AM
OK, OK.....two words come to mind when fin playing the demo, and that is "WEREEEE BACK"

look, nba 2k10 is what people wanted mainly. And what people wanted was a fixed up version of the great 2k9. WELL, that what your gonna get with 2k10, a VERY STRONG FIXED up version of 2k9. To me it plays sooooo smooth now. I always play great my first time playing. I was the LAKERS and all my shots were from the perimiter, NO INSIDE forced shots. WE dont even have play calling in the demo an i was able to get clean looks. If you know basketball and how the rotation works, 2k10 has all the space in the world to get a open look. My 2nd game wasent to well, lol, i started MISSING ALL MY SHOTS (but like i said, i always play well my frist game). btw KOBE jumper is so sweet, you people are fool

THe AI magic team was sooo slick in the second games i played. The first game i played is was thinking to my self, "DAME THE AI IS WEAK", but i always play good on my first game. ALSO when i play nba 2k, for years i never use the steal button. I always let my team AI steal for me.....USING THE STEAL BUTTON AGAINST THE AI IS CHEATING, dont be wimps and use the steal button, thats just way to easy...chumps.....My first game i beat the magic 12 to 2, killed them....kobe was doing it all, turn around, perimiter jumper, fast break dunk......ONLY TWO DUNKS I SAW SO FAR and both were OPEN LOOK DUNKS..btw i only saw ONE ALLY and i played 5 games so far....

i gotta get use to the cross overs, but WOW, by mistake i did this LETHAL cross over with fisher and it left nelson stuned and the crowd FLIPPED. hell, i didnt even know how i did it, but it was cool as hell......

VC/2k sports fan

# 83 Checmate101 @ 09/29/09 08:20 AM
Shard Lewis form on his jumper is way better on live..His for is off in 2k.

Just got the dunk and 1 with Kobe on D12, Kobe stared him down afterwards. thought that was cool

# 84 Dtownballa @ 09/29/09 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
Let Down........All I'll Say For Now
With a name like that who would of thunk?

Anyways, I only had time for 1 game before work. I do feel a cough coming on though, I think this may be a very very short day. Once I am out of the meeting, I think I'll leave to get some more gaming in!

Anyways, Early impressions...

- Dwight had a tip-dunk-miss, it was pretty funny but he bricked a tip dunk pretty bad, and it went out of bounds at the other end.
- Rim physics seems nice, nice variety of rebounds. Short, Long, High, Bounced around the rim a few times.
- I Did a nice step back jumper with Kobe, not sure if it was an animation or it was something I could control, but it felt like he had a different form on the shot.
- I had a hard time staying on front of the guy I was garding, but I contribute that to my heavy finger and NOT the game.
- I had a nice blind side block with Kobe. DH12 was going for a turn around shot, and I came behind layed off the turbo and hit the jump button. Kobe humped behind Howard and got a finger on the ball, and the ball went spinning into the air well shot of the basket.
- Give any player on the magic an inch and he will pull it.
- Vince pulled a nice size up move, and pulled (NEVER SEEN THAT IN 2k BEFORE)
- D.Fish Had a nice smack out on a cut.

That's it for now.

**COUGH COUGH** Oh man that cold is going around the office again!

# 85 ZoneBlitz @ 09/29/09 08:22 AM
Love it. It seems to be a more fundamental game of basketball. I love that feeling of having earned my shot. You learn quickly that you can't just throw it up. Feels great.

I love how the AI is actually playing now - taking shots, making smart decisions, pushing the ball or finding the open man. I also like the fact that mismatches seem to matter this year. Whoever was on Gasol, I was killing that dude.

Things that I was iffy about - the graphics of the players. They seem a bit stale - except on closeup. Also, I was on the break and Fisher was out in front. Kobe through the pass and I don't know if the pass was behind him or Fisher slowed down when he caught it, but Jameer ran him down. Of course, he wasn't too far behind him. Should I have thrown a lead pass? Can Jameer run down Fisher?

Compared to the Live Demo - I think both games are bringing it this year. That's a good thing. I think Live seemed more exciting because they had commentary and other things. There was no commentary in the 2k demo.

To respond to someone's question about players moving: I think they are trying to capture the subtle ambient movements of players while they play defense in real life. No one just sits still in one spot while playing defense - you make subtle movements to stick with the guy your guarding, pick up the right guy who comes into your zone or otherwise execute your assignments. I think it's a good thing that they move a little. If they didn't, your guy would be grossly out of position so many times.

I love the crowd noise. Also, did anyone notice the intro to the game when the announcer
said "...this Tuesday matchup..."? Awesome.

Does anyone know what difficulty the demo is set to?

Thanks

# 86 donkey33 @ 09/29/09 08:26 AM
I can't believe how short and stripped the demo is. Just as you're getting into it, it's over.

Seen some beautiful things though. Some animations are top notch. Presentation is top notch. When the players are spaced correctly and help defense is working, it's a thing of beauty. Seeing Kobe drive, draw and kick to Fish for the three (all AI) is amazing. Bit of sliding and the odd weird/fast animation but no different to 2k9.

But, I can't stomach that auto suction on defense. It stopped me playing the combine and it's still in the demo so I assume it will be in the retail version.

Why do they have to suck towards a player? I was controlling Kobe and as Vince was cutting through the paint, I don't have to do anything. Kobe trails him with no input. Once Vince gets to the perimeter, Kobe stops. When Vince enters, he moves. Very annoying.

Other than that, hard to give real impressions from only three games but that defense suction is getting to me.

# 87 Checmate101 @ 09/29/09 08:26 AM
You can't sub can u?

# 88 navyboy09 @ 09/29/09 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumPA8
I didn't see the Demo on Xbox Live Marketplace on my console, but you can get it from the website! I duarantee most of the people making negative comments don't like 2K, so please go to the next forum with your BS posts....how much EA paying ya'll...lol
just because someone makes a negative statement doesn't mean they with the other game. Everyone is not gonna DROOL over the game. WHAT A LAME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2k needs a serious look at oops man....other then that i played the game yesterday and enjoyed so no new impressions but oops DEFINITELY should be looked at...
i agree.

# 89 Dantecamp21 @ 09/29/09 08:30 AM
First things first: screenshots can't do justice to the game's visuals. All of those terrible cyberfaces pics here at OS made me brace for the worst.

I'm very happy to say that it's actually like night and day to see the game running. As a whole, it's a very believable enviroment. The crowd is outstanding (best ever in a videogame). No more blurry courts, YES! The downside are the sneakers and the jerseys, both need a major overhaul ASAP. The cloth physics in particular is all over the place.

Didn't feel the crowd sounds, very unnatural, very canned. That's the problem when you record the sound at a studio versus capturing it at the real site (like Live did). It's a shame we don't have the play-by-play because judging by the videos, it's amazing.

Gameplay is very tight, and sliding has been really toned down. You have a better grip about your player movements. I've seen some awesome specific Kobe animations, like his after dunk body langauge (with the arms wide open). I just wish (as many around here) Isomotion was a more reliable tool. Too many times I catch myself trying 5 or 6 inputs to get the player to perform my intended move.

All in all, I came away very impressed.

# 90 SoMiss2000 @ 09/29/09 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4life
2k9.5 would be the combine. This doesn't feel as good as the combine.
i agree. This definitely different than the combine.

# 91 Pared @ 09/29/09 08:45 AM
Of course this will get lost in the shuffle, but hopefully some of you will see this and pass it on:

Yes, on default, your players move. There's a new feature this year called defensive AI assist. This is set to 50, which I'm pretty sure what you're witnessing.

You can turn it down to 0. I have not seen my player move on their own at that setting.

Take it for what it's worth. It's a feature out of the box this year to help you out.

# 92 pilonv1 @ 09/29/09 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
You can't sub can u?
Auto-subs only, but I only ever saw them for the Lakers (I was using the Magic).

# 93 RayDog253 @ 09/29/09 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Of course this will get lost in the shuffle, but hopefully some of you will see this and pass it on:

Yes, on default, your players move. There's a new feature this year called defensive AI assist. This is set to 50, which I'm pretty sure what you're witnessing.

You can turn it down to 0. I have not seen my player move on their own at that setting.

Take it for what it's worth. It's a feature out of the box this year to help you out.
Glad to hear, too bad there isn't any options in the demo, what so ever.

# 94 Dantecamp21 @ 09/29/09 08:54 AM
Experiencing too many frame rate drops during zoom-ins and replays. For anyone with the full game in hands, has this been cleaned up for the final version?

# 95 erickonasis @ 09/29/09 08:58 AM
Hey WHERE IS THE SPIN MOVE WTF!!!!

# 96 erickonasis @ 09/29/09 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard

The isomotion is still sluggish. I would want to drive after doing some moves but it still was not finishing its dribbling anitmations. The players feel like there on a treadmill sometimes when dribbling around defenders. The spin move is back.
Well how you do it. I did the spin with ease on 2k9 as a qtr circle motion i couldnt seem to pull off any

# 97 JVal3208 @ 09/29/09 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Well how you do it. I did the spin with ease on 2k9 as a qtr circle motion i couldnt seem to pull off any
LT + Spin the stick

# 98 DakkoN @ 09/29/09 09:05 AM
The spin move in 2k has never been a quarter circle motion. Half circle motion beginning from the direction of your ball hand.

# 99 ocat @ 09/29/09 09:08 AM
Loving the demo. I've been watching some cpu v cpu action to test the AI and i like what i'm seeing.

Teams will exploit a mis-match when one occurs, one occasion saw Bynum guarding Lewis, Rashard attacked him will a nice crossover and quick pull up J and drew the foul. Another was when Dwight got Farmar in the post, backed him in with ease and when the double team came he kicked it out to VC who swung it to Lewis for the open 3.

Loving the lakers play, Kobe gets the last play in the quarter just about everytime. Watching Kobe guarding Vince is awesome, whenever vince is on the move, Kobe is in the "intense D" mode trying to stick with him.

Gotta get back to it!!

# 100 erickonasis @ 09/29/09 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The spin move in 2k has never been a quarter circle motion. Half circle motion beginning from the direction of your ball hand.
qtr circle, half circle ...whatever..i used it all the time in 2k9 and now it seems its not really working

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.