Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo is now available at the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 str8artist @ 09/29/09 09:19 AM
This is what I expected outta 2k, a solid game once again (a upgrade from 09). Alot of people on the forums sound pretty disappointed which everyone is entitled to... But come on fellas this is there foundation with added animations and graphics. So i guess if u like 09 you will love 2k10. If you had problems with 09 then you will hate 2k10. The game passes the smelling test in my eyes...Just by playing the demo (about 20 times) One game it looks like the reincarnation of and1 mixtape and the next game looks like I am watching a real basketball game.... No game is perfect, so lets take the good with the bad or move on..

# 102 JVal3208 @ 09/29/09 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
qtr circle, half circle ...whatever..i used it all the time in 2k9 and now it seems its not really working
I'm using it the same way as 2K9 and its working my man. Make sure you just use the Left Trigger.

# 103 Ny5tat3ofMIND @ 09/29/09 09:28 AM
Do you when its coming out for the ps3?

# 104 ExtremeGamer @ 09/29/09 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny5tat3ofMIND
Do you when its coming out for the ps3?
Next Thursday.

# 105 PrettyT11 @ 09/29/09 09:31 AM
Does anybody know if MS stop giving a free month for new live accounts?? I just made a new one to get the demo and didn't get the free one month.

# 106 keshunleon @ 09/29/09 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
I'm using it the same way as 2K9 and its working my man. Make sure you just use the Left Trigger.
2K10 is a big step up from 2K9.
I like the 2K10 demo, it is not uptempo and fast like Live but Live demo is much better.
I thought Live fun until I played my 5yr old son and he ran and dunked every play.

# 107 frostbyte06 @ 09/29/09 09:35 AM
Don't know, I have a 48-hr code from Halo ODST....if you need it PM me and I'll send it when I get home.

*Update*
Somebody has already PM'd me, I have no more codes.

# 108 donkey33 @ 09/29/09 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Of course this will get lost in the shuffle, but hopefully some of you will see this and pass it on:

Yes, on default, your players move. There's a new feature this year called defensive AI assist. This is set to 50, which I'm pretty sure what you're witnessing.

You can turn it down to 0. I have not seen my player move on their own at that setting.

Take it for what it's worth. It's a feature out of the box this year to help you out.
Great to hear

# 109 aga11ah @ 09/29/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
2K10 is a big step up from 2K9.
I like the 2K10 demo, it is not uptempo and fast like Live but Live demo is much better.
I thought Live fun until I played my 5yr old son and he ran and dunked every play.

anyways. I wish PS3 didnt always get shafted with demos. ah you guys are lucky.

# 110 Melman @ 09/29/09 09:46 AM
Overall once I figured out the iso-motion and how to do some post moves the game is gonna be that game again for me. I will for the 1st time Buy both games this year. Things I like about the demo: Better AI against the LONG pass downcourt, they will pick it off. I like the way steals are this year they seem more responsive. Still getting used to On-ball D. Without any D adjustments and playcalling it'll be hard but I think this demo was meant to give you the basic 101 class style.

The enviroment is better than before, however that chant "Get Up" is gonna get very annoying.....(i think thats the one, im at work now so i forget).....I cant wait to get in there and totally edit the hell out there arena sounds They have "1" actual NBA arena sound on Defense that I heard, which surprised me since they never have had them in the game besides the one for the Spurs in past 2k's. Overall its good. I like how the crowd reacts....there are some times where they are standing and clapping but you dont hear the noise you would expect with that crowd animation.

I love the new camera angle for freethrows when they zoom in on the player....very nice element to the presentation. I think they still have that camera shake, which is in the retail version that I never really liked ever because it takes away the visual element of the crowds behind the backboard. I love that you can shoot your freethrows with X now as well as the shotstick.

I havent mastered dribbling out of the double team as i was only double in the post but you can get out of that double team as well. Ill have to practice it a little more.

# 111 broy07 @ 09/29/09 09:48 AM
demo is very good it feels like a completely new game but i'm in aus so i haven't played the combine also i really like all the new layup and close shot animations a big improvement on last year where all the close shot animations were the same and shooting is a tad to easy but sliders can easily fix that

# 112 DakkoN @ 09/29/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Does anybody know if MS stop giving a free month for new live accounts?? I just made a new one to get the demo and didn't get the free one month.

Only works 3 times per console.

# 113 broy07 @ 09/29/09 09:51 AM
how do you do the behind the back move on 360?

# 114 TMagic @ 09/29/09 09:52 AM
Some Tidbits:

+ Really like the closeups and facial animations. Graphics look great from close. Very impressive. Liked seeing Kobe chew gum. LOL. It's the little things.
- From far, not so much. Nothing stands out.

+ Controls feel tighter.
- I don't know when the hell my man is going to post up. Times I am trying to post I can't. Times I'm trying to drive, my man will stop driving and turn his back to the basket. It's annoying the crap out of me.

+ Liking the help defense. Opens up drive and kick game that hasn't been there in the past. I'm curious as to whether some teams have better help D than others.
- There were a few instances where help didn't come at all and my man could get all the way to the rim for a dunk from the three point line. But, it hasn't happened that often.

+ There are some good looking animations when finishing at the rim. I've seen a lot of different finishes.
- Animations at the rim give the offensive player a good shot a lot of the time even if you force it. Makes things kind of easy, because a bad shot ends up being a good shot because of the animations.

+ The computer moves the ball really well. Always looking for the open man.
- Every single player the AI has easily hits the open man. No matter who it is, they make great passes to cutters and open shooters.

+ The AI has more of an outside game. Not everything is revolved around getting a shot in the paint.
- It's almost overdone. The A.I. will have an open lane or a shot under the basket and will give up the rock to someone on the perimeter. You know, the type of stuff that would drive a coach crazy.

I'm just like everyone else in that I don't want every shot by the AI coming from the paint. But I want that because the perimeter players are playing like perimeter players and looking for jumpers. I don't want to see less points in the paint because bigs are not taking easy shots right at the basket. If that makes sense.

That's what I got so far.

EDIT:

+ Not sure how often it happens, but I've had players lose the ball when trying to do too much. Actually, it's only been Fisher. Lol.
- Remember how you can pretty much strip any fast break lay up? Yup, that's still in.

+ I actually like Kobe's jumper. I especially like his fade aways off of posting up.
- Don't like how you can't shoot on the move. I thought they had those in the game? It kinda bugs me when I have some space while on the move and I want to shoot. Only to wait as my man gathers for a SET SHOT. I don't want to shoot a set shot. Maybe I've been spoiled by the other game. Probably wouldn't care had they not had it in their game and not had done it so well.

# 115 DW3 @ 09/29/09 09:52 AM
my first impression is i simply do not like it. i hope the more i play the demo i begin to like it because i have already paid it off in full. i kinda overhyped myself for the demo. 2k9 demo i was very impressed how the game looked and how it played, but 2k10 i wasnt really impressed. I will keep playing and hope for the best.

# 116 erickonasis @ 09/29/09 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
That has to be new using the left trigger to do it...Im not talking about a post move spin im talking about a regular spin move. never had to use the left trigger to do it in 2k9

# 117 staffan @ 09/29/09 10:02 AM
First impression is that I do not like it!
I will give it more time but i just feels boring and pale.

# 118 Mintsa @ 09/29/09 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Where's the PS3 version???
It's coming out next Thursday bro... October 8th.

It's a real kick in the teeth !!!

Ps: I know this was off topic, so delete if you must. I'm not trying to go off topic.

# 119 Tully @ 09/29/09 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffan
First impression is that I do not like it!
I will give it more time but i just feels boring and pale.
That is probably because its such a strip down version of the game. Its missing a lot.

# 120 aholbert32 @ 09/29/09 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melman
Overall once I figured out the iso-motion and how to do some post moves the game is gonna be that game again for me. I will for the 1st time Buy both games this year. Things I like about the demo: Better AI against the LONG pass downcourt, they will pick it off. I like the way steals are this year they seem more responsive. Still getting used to On-ball D. Without any D adjustments and playcalling it'll be hard but I think this demo was meant to give you the basic 101 class style.

The enviroment is better than before, however that chant "Get Up" is gonna get very annoying.....(i think thats the one, im at work now so i forget).....I cant wait to get in there and totally edit the hell out there arena sounds They have "1" actual NBA arena sound on Defense that I heard, which surprised me since they never have had them in the game besides the one for the Spurs in past 2k's. Overall its good. I like how the crowd reacts....there are some times where they are standing and clapping but you dont hear the noise you would expect with that crowd animation.

I love the new camera angle for freethrows when they zoom in on the player....very nice element to the presentation. I think they still have that camera shake, which is in the retail version that I never really liked ever because it takes away the visual element of the crowds behind the backboard. I love that you can shoot your freethrows with X now as well as the shotstick.

I havent mastered dribbling out of the double team as i was only double in the post but you can get out of that double team as well. Ill have to practice it a little more.
I HATE that "Get Up" chant.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.