Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo is now available at the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 rckabillyRaider @ 09/29/09 10:28 AM
I'm still getting both but more anxious to play the retail version of LIVE at this point. LIVE feels and plays more "sim", IMO.

# 142 Abnormal101 @ 09/29/09 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4life
2k9.5 would be the combine. This doesn't feel as good as the combine.

ha ha , this coming from the guy who posted his initial impressions of the live demo as if it was the best bball game he had played to date

# 143 broy07 @ 09/29/09 10:29 AM
yea you did you had to hold rt

# 144 keshunleon @ 09/29/09 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Shard Lewis form on his jumper is way better on live..His for is off in 2k.
I said the same thing!!!
Lewis jumper is smoother and looker better on Live!

# 145 deebo2246 @ 09/29/09 10:30 AM
I have been playing the demo for about 2 hours now and I am feeling the direction that 2k is heading. I really enjoyed the presentation and atmosphere of the game. It really made me feel like I was there watching an actual nba game. The cpu ball movement is godly if you try and double team kobe. Fish and artest will make you pay if you forget about them on the outside.

My one negative that I got from the game is when the trailing big man runs free into the lane for easy oops all day long. Maybe it is because I was playing with the Magic and D12 is real good at that or it maybe something that needs to be patched with the A.I. defensive awareness on lob oppurtunities.

My get out the seat moment came on an out of bounds play the cpu tried on me. It was .4 seconds left in the qtr and the a.i. set a back screen on me and actually lobbed the ball at the rim to try a quick putback. This showed me that the situational awareness seems to have gotten some attention because I never had that happen on 2k9.

# 146 RubenDouglas @ 09/29/09 10:33 AM
CPU tries to help out when i play off the ball handler ever so slightly. ive seen dwight howard try to help guard the perimeter player Derek Fisher. leaving gasol open in the paint... I have to tap the L trigger non stop trying to let my teammates know " I GOT THIS". if i leave a player "open" or unguarded for a milisecond, my cpu teammates help out and cause all sorts of havoc. what am i doing wrong as most here seem to enjoy this game? I just cant get down with it right now

initial impressions, same inconsistencies and little negative quirks that had me hating 2k9.

# 147 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 10:33 AM
loving the AI in this game...no awkward shots in the lane to pad mid range stats....contrary to popular belief, passing to a cutter is done in the nba lol and its done well here...no animations starting from out side the free throw line...my only real negative is the alley oops...The demo definitely made me feel good about my choice!

# 148 PrettyT11 @ 09/29/09 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Only works 3 times per console.
Damn that sucks. Only think I have done it twice on this console though. My gold for the last one I did ran out yesterday. Talk about horrible timing lol.

# 149 TMagic @ 09/29/09 10:36 AM
For whenever DC gets in here:

I literally, just now, just dunked on Dwight, Bass, Vince, and Rashard with Kobe. Didn't do any moves with Kobe. Just caught the ball and went to the whole immediately even with Vince staying with me the whole time. Dunked on all of them. They all jumped, going for the block too and were in good position. Got the And 1 call to top it off.

Not the first time either. I dunked on 3 Magic players earlier. And I've had a couple dunks on the man guarding me + Dwight.

There was one instance where I was on the break and tried to pull up for a 15 foot jumper with Kobe. But, Kobe went to the bucket and dunked on two people who were back on the break.

I wouldn't say it's a "dunkfest" though, in all honesty.

These were just some moments where I said to myself, "Yeah right." or "What the...?" Maybe it's because Kobe is the cover boy. I don't know.

I'll try some stuff with Vince and see if I get the same results. Lol

# 150 SouthBeach @ 09/29/09 10:38 AM
I haven't played the demo yet, but I have played the full game. It was available for trial at the DUB Tour in Miami this past weekend. (Xbox 360)

I played as Miami vs. LA.

I didn't play long enough to get an in depth feel, but my first impressions were positive. The controls felt great and a bit more responsive. I couldn't hear any commentary because the music was too loud at the venue. I guess the majority of my impressions were based on the controlling aspect of each player.

Driving to the lane for a dunk, I was stopped dead in my path by the help defense of Derek Fisher. I did make it to hoop eventually for a contested layup though. And it wasn't some regular easy layup...it was somewhat signature D-Wade contorting his body as he got bumped in mid-air, which isn't a bad thing considering it was Wade. I wouldn't want to see it happen over and over, but it felt natural.

On defense, the sort of "vacuum" effect from lock-on defense wasn't nearly as apparent in my experience in 2K10 as 2K9. Stealing the ball seemed a bit easier to pull off. But as the saying "You reach, I teach" goes, reaching in for what I thought to be an easy steal with Wade was a mistake with Kobe on the ball. Kobe made his way to the basket as the Heat defenders stood around helplessly (a little too lifelike, haha) as Kobe made his way to the paint for a slightly contested layup. The physics seemed spot on in terms of me reaching and not gathering my footing in time to get in front of Kobe, and I liked that.

I like what I played though. But I'll have to wait to read more replies to get an overall impression from the rest of the OS community.

# 151 FatalHussien @ 09/29/09 10:39 AM
This year, as hard as it is for some people to admit it, we have two quality titles.

I think it boils down to the "3 C's"3:

CONTROL, CUSTOMIZATION, AND COMMENTARY.

With NBA 2K10, you have slightly smoother play with less overall control.
With NBA LIve 10, you sacrifice some smooth visuals in exchange for total control (which I prefer.) EDGE: JUMPBALL

NBA 2K10 will regrettably be behind in the customization dept. again this year. For some people this is a big issue. For others, not-so-much. But keep this in mind as well...

For those of you who want each jumpshot dead-eye accurate, the commentary to be fresh, and the modes to be deep, there is someone, somewhere who feels the same way about sneakers, headbands, and jerseys. They pay $60 to enjoy a game just like you do...EDGE: LIVE 10

The commentary and presentation will probably be a wash this year. Live goes deep with DNA while 2K goes on track with 82games and the Insider. While I feel like Live has a truer representation of how each team/player plays, I think 2k is on to something huge with their immersive conversation-style commentary....EDGE: NBA 2K10

Let's do each other a favor...let's keep these discussions critical, yet constructive, while helping those who may be on the fence make an informed decision.

# 152 Abnormal101 @ 09/29/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
my first impression is i simply do not like it. i hope the more i play the demo i begin to like it because i have already paid it off in full. i kinda overhyped myself for the demo. 2k9 demo i was very impressed how the game looked and how it played, but 2k10 i wasnt really impressed. I will keep playing and hope for the best.
I dont get it, i haven't played the Demo but why do people like you complain about a game and then have a Live Sig and it obvious you're a die hard live fan. Give me a break people, if you're going to post bias comments at least disguise which game you prefer.

# 153 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 10:41 AM
Tmag how are you getting these dunks? Im genuinely curious...b/c im literally trying....far from a dunkfest imo

# 154 TMagic @ 09/29/09 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Tmag how are you getting these dunks? Im genuinely curious...b/c im literally trying....far from a dunkfest imo
That's what I was saying though.

I'm not getting dunks all the time. So it's not really a dunkfest to me either.

There has just been a few occurrences where Kobe just does the damn thang out of nowhere. Lol.

I wish I knew, or had some means of capturing it or uploading the video for you guys to see. Literally four Magic players were dunked on. You could have chosen which player you wanted to highlight in a poster of that dunk. Lol

# 155 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 10:46 AM
oh ok i was jusf wondering b/c i havent seen it...i thought you meant it was constant

# 156 Dtownballa @ 09/29/09 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
That's what I was saying though.

I'm not getting dunks all the time. So it's not really a dunkfest to me either.

There has just been a few occurrences where Kobe just does the damn thang out of nowhere. Lol.

I wish I knew, or had some means of capturing it or uploading the video for you guys to see. Literally four Magic players were dunked on. You could have chosen which player you wanted to highlight in a poster of that dunk. Lol
You need to let go of TURBO. He wont dunk if you let go of turbo.

# 157 thriller92 @ 09/29/09 10:48 AM
Two things I'd like to know(I have ps3):

1. Why is the PS3 demo coming out 2 days after the game is released? Whats the point?

2. Does Rashard Lewis set up behind the 3 pt line in the demo like he does in real life on most possessions? I know in 2k almost all of the time the PF sets up on the opposite elbow of the center, but with the new playbooks and tendencies, Shard should be camping outide, is he?

# 158 str8artist @ 09/29/09 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
This year, as hard as it is for some people to admit it, we have two quality titles.

I think it boils down to the "3 C's"3:

CONTROL, CUSTOMIZATION, AND COMMENTARY.

With NBA 2K10, you have slightly smoother play with less overall control.
With NBA LIve 10, you sacrifice some smooth visuals in exchange for total control (which I prefer.) EDGE: JUMPBALL

NBA 2K10 will regrettably be behind in the customization dept. again this year. For some people this is a big issue. For others, not-so-much. But keep this in mind as well...

For those of you who want each jumpshot dead-eye accurate, the commentary to be fresh, and the modes to be deep, there is someone, somewhere who feels the same way about sneakers, headbands, and jerseys. They pay $60 to enjoy a game just like you do...EDGE: LIVE 10

The commentary and presentation will probably be a wash this year. Live goes deep with DNA while 2K goes on track with 82games and the Insider. While I feel like Live has a truer representation of how each team/player plays, I think 2k is on to something huge with their immersive conversation-style commentary....EDGE: NBA 2K10

Let's do each other a favor...let's keep these discussions critical, yet constructive, while helping those who may be on the fence make an informed decision.
well put sir

# 159 Goffs @ 09/29/09 10:49 AM
ugh...i hate playing defense since i end up all over the place but i know theres that damn slider for that...

i hate to say it but i prefer the atmosphere for Live...i do like the crowd noise now but its too quiet for my taste...then again its just the demo

i love the graphics though the color is pretty bland and desaturated compared to the lively colors for Live..

Controls is a big improvement from last year though it could still need some more work...

Overall im impressed...my brother came over to play and i think the biggest problem is the Oop...its just way to easy to get them...

# 160 Dantecamp21 @ 09/29/09 10:51 AM
Getting both games as well (as I always do). But at this point, I'm eager to play Live rather than 2K.

I'm really enjoying the 2K10 demo, It seems like a very polished product and when it's all said and done, it'll probably come up as the best out of the 2 games. But I can't shake the feeling that it's a recycled (although improved) experience. It will be very interesting to see how Visual Concepts approaches its own game next year because at this point, they might be very close to its ceiling technology-wise.

At the other side of the coin, while it's undeniable that Live had way more room for improvement, that by itself wasn't a garantee of a better product.

Can't wait for October 6th.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.