Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Here is a short video from our beta copy of NBA Live 10 with a few cutscenes included. Hope you guys enjoy the sneak peak.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/09 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru
Only thing that bothered me was Bibby blocking Wade's dunk.

That's one thing that bothers me in the game which I haven't brought up: you can beat your man, be at the rim for a dunk, and you'll get the animation where your player pulls it behind his neck, exposing it for any player on the court to block.
Yea, I'm witcha, there, after playing the demo LIKE CRAZY. We can only hope that this is NOT in the retail version. Remember, too, that this vid is of the BETA, not the final. Shall we pray?

# 82 str8artist @ 09/30/09 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I had this conversation with my buddy about Live 10 and 2K10 today and since this is usually the time when my insomnia kicks in, I will post it here instead of creating a new thread.

We compared the two games to girls. 2K is the girl that you've been with for a while. She has some issues that been around for a while that you hoped that she would be able to change - but she hasn't. You don't care though, because you know the overall package is so damn fine. She also knows that she is sexy as hell.

Then one day at work/school this new girl comes in. She is the blueprint to what you could ever want, albeit a little rough around the edges. But you know she has some potential that a very a few select girls on this planet have. Some would say she is pretty, but she isn't quite as sexy as the girl you are with right now. However, this new girl wants you. She wants you to discover her for years to come because she'll only improve and grow with you.

That to me is 2K and Live this year. You can stay with your old girl or you can creep with the new one. Or better yet, maybe you can get everyone to get along.
...That new girl want to be my number 1 by the way things are going.

# 83 Playmakers @ 09/30/09 02:31 AM
I had to look at it a 2nd time just to make sure i wasn't jumping the gun and i was right it was all human controlled.

They had one clip of the CPU setting an illegal screen which is what we've all seen the demo. They had another clip of the cpu doing a straight drive to the rim.

But the dribbling moves and attack the basket moves were all Human controlled and done.

That's the biggest mystery to me about the game right now. Will the CPU players utilize those same type of skills on the floor in the Final version that we see the human player utilizing.

I want to get excited about Live 10 but why have those moves when the CPU doesn't even perform them on their own?

# 84 jyoung @ 09/30/09 02:35 AM
If Live really wanted to sell their game this year, they should take DaoudS' post and put it on the back of the box along with some pictures of NBA cheerleaders.

Guarantee that would sell the game better than the usual "back of the box" listing.

# 85 Jano @ 09/30/09 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Why was almost every move in the video by a human controlled player?

I'm thinking to myself finally we get the CPU put the rock on the floor and attack off the dribble and then it's all human controlled moves.

I'm tired of seeing the human player show off what he can do how about a 2-3 minute video of the CPU players LBJ, Wade, Kobe and Melo show casing their moves for once.
Lol PM I'm sure somebody will help you out here. When I get my copy I'll personally be looking for things like this for you.

I may not be able to capture anything on video but I'll include that in my impressions.

And hey there's always 2K10 man that game has pretty much everything you are looking for.

# 86 fluent2332 @ 09/30/09 02:42 AM
Fans of sim basketball should be very interested in Live this year. Some good things in this video...

1. Help defense. I like how Garnett left Varejao and came to help on Shaq. It wasn't a canned animation, it felt and looked real.

I also like how when Shaq ran out near the 3 point line the defense completely ignored him and focused on Lebron who was driving. These are good signs for fans of fundamental basketball.

2. The presentation looks off the hook. The crowd atmosphere is intense, can you imagine the end of tight games?? This game should make even the unemotional excited.

If the crowd shows a lot of tension at the end of games, or in big games, it's going to be ridiculous. Maybe Mike or someone can confirm this?

3. The court spacing is phenomenal

4. Not just in this video, but in other Live videos, creating space has actually been effective. This is going to make the perimeter game a real chess match. Hopefully I can have some fundamental showdowns with Da Czar (holla at me if you play on the 360). I look forward to schooling cats online in a way they haven't been schooled since I played 2K8.

Anyway, my mind is made up. I have been buying 2K games for awhile now, but I didn't buy 2K9 (or Live) last year because I felt it wasn't a significant upgrade over 2K8. This will be the first year I buy NBA Live since Live '98 for the PS1. Good job fellas

# 87 Playmakers @ 09/30/09 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol PM I'm sure somebody will help you out here. When I get my copy I'll personally be looking for things like this for you.

I may not be able to capture anything on video but I'll include that in my impressions.

And hey there's always 2K10 man that game has pretty much everything you are looking for.
Man I've been itching to download that 2K 10 demo but I haven't even bothered. I'm trying like hell to avoid the game and give Live the 1st crack like always. I've heard great things about the final product from a buddy. But he knows i'm a NBA Live fan.

That's why i want to see someone showcase NBA Live 10 game play before it releases just like how those 2K guys have been showcasing the CPU players in 2K10 doing great stuff on their own not human controlled.

Every single video i see of Live is always some guy showing off his stick skills.....I'm not worried about what the human player can do that doesn't excite me. I want to see the CPU players use half of those moves in the game ON THEIR OWN.

I can't believe that as NBA fans there aren't that many guys who are concerened with how the CPU utilizes these ball handling skills or atack the rim moves. What good would it be if Chris Paul had 99 dribbling skills in the game but he doesn't show case those skills on his OWN.

I've yet to hear any one guy on the NBA Live boards say that is something they'd like to see in the game........instead i keep seeing guys post about what they did in the game or show a video of what they did with the new dribbling mechanics.

It feels like I'm on the moon by myself when it comes to wanting to see the CPU Players show case their skills individually like we see in these videos.

# 88 fluent2332 @ 09/30/09 02:53 AM
Quote:
Man I've been itching to download that 2K 10 demo but I haven't even bothered. I'm trying like hell to avoid the game and give Live the 1st crack like always.

I've heard great things about the final product from a buddy. But he knows i'm a NBA Live fan. That's why i want to someone showcase NBA Live 10 game play before it releases just like how those 2K guys have been showing casing the CPU players in 2K10 doing great stuff on their own not human controlled.

Every single video i see of Live is always some guy showing off his stick skills.....I'm not worried about what the human player can do that doesn't excite me. I want to see the CPU players use half of those moves in the game ON THEIR OWN.

I can't believe that as NBA fans there aren't that many guys who are concerened with how the CPU uses these ball handling skills or atack the rim moves. What good would it be if Chris Paul had 99 dribbling skills in the game but he doesn't show case those skills on his OWN.

I yet to hear any one guy on the Live boards say that is something they'd like to see........instead i keep seeing guys post about what they did in the game or show a video of what they did with the new dribbling mechanics.

It feels like I'm on the moon by myself when it comes to wanting to see the CPU Players show case their skills individually like we see in these videos.
From Mike's blogs/videos and what Da Czar has said, they both say the CPU AI is very good, provides a challenge, and also has weapons they use to attack you. I think over on Mike's blog is a video or 2 of CPU vs CPU and they play great. I don't think you need to be worried about it.

# 89 zfinley @ 09/30/09 02:56 AM
Quote:
Man I've been itching to download that 2K 10 demo but I haven't even bothered. I'm trying like hell to avoid the game and give Live the 1st crack like always. I've heard great things about the final product from a buddy. But he knows i'm a NBA Live fan.

That's why i want to see someone showcase NBA Live 10 game play before it releases just like how those 2K guys have been showcasing the CPU players in 2K10 doing great stuff on their own not human controlled.

I can't believe that as NBA fans there aren't that many guys who are concerened with how the CPU utilizes these ball handling skills or atack the rim moves. What good would it be if Chris Paul had 99 dribbling skills in the game but he doesn't show case those skills on his OWN.

I've yet to hear any one guy on the NBA Live boards say that is something they'd like to see in the game........instead i keep seeing guys post about what they did in the game or show a video of what they did with the new dribbling mechanics.

Your not alone man I've had my concerns about superstar players not taking over.

You just have to remember about 90% of people that play b-ball games only care about what they can do and not the CPU owning them.

# 90 Playmakers @ 09/30/09 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
From Mike's blogs/videos and what Da Czar has said, they both say the CPU AI is very good, provides a challenge, and also has weapons they use to attack you. I think over on Mike's blog is a video or 2 of CPU vs CPU and they play great. I don't think you need to be worried about it.
A challenge isn't my point, them attacking the rim isn't my point i've seen them put their head down and attack the rim in a straight line.

What i'm speaking of is what you see in those videos in this thread.

You see creativity with the ball by the Human player right?

Show me one video where the CPU player reacts that way with the ball in his hands. If the CPU did those things to the human player you can't tell me 90% of you guys wouldn't get a DAMN HARD ON just seeing that ****.

That's my point I haven't seen it not even from Kobe in the demo. Can someone honestly say Chris Paul is going to create on his own the way we see CP3 create IRL?

I'm pretty sure he'll have 90+ handles but will that rating make him showcase his ball handling skills on his own?

You play NHL 10 or Madden 10?

Guys have a certain skill set in those games and you see them performing moves based on their skill set. I see the CPU in NHL 10 doing some amazing things with the puck to beat a defender or get around a defender. They look almost human like when performing their deke moves

# 91 dirtypuppet @ 09/30/09 03:13 AM
2 quick comments to the producers.

1:
I presume it's a done to save on processing power, but there really should be some sort of random offset for the crows animations (in particular the towel waving and giant fingers). It's kind of distracting to see the entire crowd in unison for these animations. I know it would be an easy thing to program, but jus wanted to know if this is done to save processing power, or just hasn't been looked at.

2:
Also, player models and faces are heaps better this year, but I reckon the specular maps on the heads could be assessed. Low quality vid I know, but I think you could make it so the area where players have hair is much less specular than it is.

Even for people with only stubble (like Kobe) the tops of their heads should not be so specular.

In this short vid as an example, when you see the cut away for Rasheed, his head is shining away, but his hair should really remain matte, or at least a whole lot less glossy compared to his face.

From playing the demo (lots) I think it's a bit of a negative point on an otherwise very solid lighting system this year.

small side note: I'm sure again, it's also a processing thing, but for players with lots of hair (eg: Gasol) there is no shadow created on their foreheads from their Hair geometry. A simple solution would be to bake it into their head texture.

Some people may think this is nitpicking, but seriously, on all the post play cuts and free throw routines, these small details are very apparent.

thanks

(p.s. any word on the Hawks mascot uniform update stephensonmc?)

# 92 bxsteve @ 09/30/09 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDILL_E
Why do people want so bad for one game to be better than the other?

Seriously the fandom is just silly. Some of you would buy a hoops game from EA or 2k if it didnt even have a basketball. "I took my money off of 2k"...sure you did, I bet you never put money on 2k you are just such a fanboy that you would like to take a shot at 2k every change you get.

How about we all enjoy the the fact that competition brings out the best in both companies. Stop with the blind loyalty its really disgusting

How about we all want the best game. IMO The track record speaks for itself. I dont think Live will be able to over take live in just a year. However, Live is much much improved over previous years. Sig styles still need to be worked on though. Shaq doesnt really play like shaq as far as how he plays down low from that vid.

Overall a lot better than last year, keep it up.
yea i been rockin wit 2k since dreamcast but i never had hate for live. just want to have the best gm, now if both are hot then i'll cop both lol. i just like to see that EA is closing ground and makin it a choice to make cuz so far on these next-gen systems, live has been basuda!!! i even bought both copies last year but quickly traded live in. i still think 2k's got it but i do like live a lot more than the previous lives. My one major gripe wit live this yr tho, is some of the collisions in the paint.... they look ok, but they change the whole animation and sometimes to the point where ur player actually travels but its not called. other than that, live is lookin ok this yr. might have 2 basketball titles in my collection lol

# 93 staffan @ 09/30/09 03:44 AM
Was planning to get both games but after the 2K demo it will be Live only.

# 94 marcoyk @ 09/30/09 06:12 AM
Nice video. I'm really feeling live over 2K this year.

# 95 zakarias @ 09/30/09 07:03 AM
Would be nice to see some FIBA videos...or All Star Weekend.

# 96 bigeastbumrush @ 09/30/09 07:26 AM
Man...the people with the most requests haven't even taken the time out to donate to this site.

It sickens me...

# 97 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/30/09 08:32 AM
I cant afford to take both girls home from the club this year..unfortunately.

I like what I see a lot in the following areas:

Arena atmosphere:

NBA Live has always been good at this. They are extremely good at capturing the feel of being in a NBA arena.

Those who have been to a live NBA game will know what I mean..from the ebbs and flows of the crowd, how the atmoshpere in the building gradually rachets up in intensity as the game progresses.

This year, they maintained that area of strength, and sprinkled in the individual flavor, that makes each venue unique.

The pace of the game:

Seems to be close to perfect.

The tempo doesnt seem or feel frantic..it feels measured and organized.

Floor spacing:

perfect. very little clutter.

Play caliing: Love it

What do not have a good enough feel for, as of right now..is how the AI is going to play me throughout the course of a game.

I guess I wont be able to get a sense of this until i play a full game.

Are top players being aggressive? Are the right players taking the shots in crunch time? Is the AI adpating to me? switching defenses, doubling?

Are teams and players who like to run the floor and push the pace, doing so?

Basically, what I want to see is, how is Dwight Howard getting his 20 points? Is he getting them on pick and roll, put backs, and dunks? Or does the AI having him playing like Tim Duncan?
I havent seen much to give me a indication either way. probably ownt find out for sure, until purchase.

# 98 stephensonmc @ 09/30/09 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
No ASW then?

My fav thing about the video was the way the Hawks pushed the ball up the court 20 seconds in after the first Wade score.
We do have Dallas Cowboys Stadium, yes.

# 99 stephensonmc @ 09/30/09 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Isn't Player Lock broken, too? No sir, you have a patch to focus on.
YOU guys have release to focus on lol.

You've played the demo, that's it....

# 100 macdadawn @ 09/30/09 08:42 AM
I HATED LIVE FOR YEARS AND ALWAYS HAD 2K BUT NOW LIVE IS BACK IM DONE WITH THE OLD 2 THINGS I ASK THEY FIX IS THE HOPPING AND THE STEROID FILLED BLOCKS ALL THE BLOCK SHOTS GO A FAR DISTANCES BESIDES THAT THE GAME IS AWESOME REALLY REALLY AWESOME IM BACK BABY YEAH!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.