Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 thaima1shu @ 10/07/09 06:02 PM
This was definitely some amazing stuff. I'm really hoping to get some good dynasty news, hopefully.

And hopefully all the work they put into the presentation here can translate to Madden/NCAA Football/NBA Live. Those games need to make use of the ESPN licenses they have.

# 82 hitch450 @ 10/07/09 06:31 PM
Looks freakin awesome! Can't wait to see what the ESPN presentation is like also.

# 83 green94 @ 10/07/09 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepp32
One word.............EPIC!!!!!!!!!
Honsestly, when the Football Dev team said they had revamped their presentation and showed off a few things, I was mildly impressed. After getting the game and playing it for a few weeks, it was boring and got stale SO quickly.

Fast forward to this video:

When you begin to blur the line between video game world and real world ,you will get a lot of people's attention. And I'm not just talking putting a CBS or ESPN logo here or there. What I saw in this video was full blown CBS integration with every single overlay imaginable. This engulfs the end user into thinking the game they are playing IS reality which truly is NEXT GEN. Unbelievable Jab Step, truly the most EPIC presentation I have ever seen in a video game and I think we are scratching the surface of what you and your team have in store for NCAA 10. I'm not even really a fan of College Hoops until March, will definitely watch games here and there during the week, but seeing this video amazed me (and a lot of others it seems).

Truly EPIC, attention to detail, presentation.

Kudos to the NCAA team.

# 84 warnerwlf98 @ 10/07/09 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Holy hell! This is beyond awesome. Maybe the coolest thing I have seen in video games.

Finally a company gets it. Real presentation....nice work.

Love this.
Yes! Exactly . . . And the really amazing thing is that there are 2 different presentations, and 2 sets of commentators - CBS AND ESPN! We haven't seen the ESPN presentation in motion but there was a screenshot in the ESPN article:

This development might be in the revolutionary category IMO.

# 85 Mos1ted @ 10/07/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Just because of the CBS integration I will be buying my first ncaa game ever.
I've only bought two EA College Basketball games in my life March Madness '98 (the very first one) and March Madness 2002. I came to later regret both purchases, but it looks like I'll be adding number 3 to that list. From the looks of things, I might not be let down for that charming 3rd time.

# 86 RayAllen20 @ 10/07/09 07:39 PM
For all the people complaining about Madden and this game. If I'm not mistaken these are two different departments. EA Canada (known for making good game i believe) makes Live and NCAA Basketball while Tiburon makes Madden. I could be mistaken but I believe this to be true.

O and WAT A VIDEO!!! I am already counting down the days.

# 87 thmst30 @ 10/07/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
For all the people complaining about Madden and this game. If I'm not mistaken these are two different departments. EA Canada (known for making good game i believe) makes Live and NCAA Basketball while Tiburon makes Madden. I could be mistaken but I believe this to be true.

O and WAT A VIDEO!!! I am already counting down the days.
It's still EA Sports though. If NCAA Basketball is allowed to use full ESPN integration PLUS full CBS integration, then why are the other games acting like they can't use ESPN at all? What is keeping them from doing the exact same thing? They owe us some answers next year if nothing has changed.

# 88 The GIGGAS @ 10/07/09 07:57 PM
If anything, this should allow the teams to be able to swap assets and code for presentation.

# 89 Araxen @ 10/07/09 07:57 PM
After seeing that they have the CBS and ESPN graphics and presentation I'm going to buy this game. It'll be the first time I buy a College game. It's just too awesome to pass up.

# 90 Manbearpig @ 10/07/09 09:20 PM
judging by the greatness of SIM that is NBA Live 10, I expect this one to play incredible as well

# 91 Spectre @ 10/07/09 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
It's still EA Sports though. If NCAA Basketball is allowed to use full ESPN integration PLUS full CBS integration, then why are the other games acting like they can't use ESPN at all? What is keeping them from doing the exact same thing? They owe us some answers next year if nothing has changed.
Now this is what EA needs to do more of. There is no excuse to have that piss-poor telecast in Madden and NCAA. I hope this means they'll take steps to clean up the boring as hell NCAA football presentation.

This is what NFL 2K5 was kinda like, its nice to see!

# 92 TracerBullet @ 10/08/09 02:47 AM
Wow its possible they may surpass both CH2k8 and NFL 2k5 in presentation this year! Would anyone have thought that it would have been EA's college basketball game that would have challenged them. If they really are live 2.0 could this have a chance at sports game of the year?

# 93 Pared @ 10/08/09 10:32 AM
My only "gripe" (if it's even that) with this is now it's going to be expected in Madden, Live, NHL, etc.

Hopefully the other games follow suit. *WINKWINK*

# 94 poster @ 10/08/09 10:43 AM
I wonder if they will have a halftime and postgame show of sorts? Thinking it may be similar to what Live has, as this may be alot to add in one year. Hopefully there is a weekly dynasty mode show or at the very least a tourney selection type show.

Hoping we get some dynasty info soon. Broken record, I know.

# 95 Papi34 @ 10/08/09 11:00 AM
Wow........ just wow. This is the kind of presentation I've always wanted in a sports game and now we get CBS and ESPN presentation in one game!! I say again......... WOW!
I think this definitely sets the standard now. Totally out of left field as well.

Wow.

Saw this in the Live forums but wanted to post here as well. CH2K8 is the only college hoops game I've bought. It seems this alone is going to push sales through the roof. Good going EA.

# 96 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 10/08/09 01:40 PM
I am NEVER in these threads. But I saw pastapadres article and WOW I am blown away. CBS AND ESPN???? Different announcing teams?!?!?!
GUS JOHNSON IS BLACK??!?!?!?

My head is gonna explode

# 97 JohnDoe8865 @ 10/08/09 01:43 PM
This is sports video game "News of the Year" thus far imo. Biggest news this year for me concerning sports gaming. TRUE CBS overlays, audio, graphics, announcing. All ofd that. PLUS ESPN overlays, announcers, and hopefully audio too.

HUGE News!

# 98 ehh @ 10/08/09 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
GUS JOHNSON IS BLACK??!?!?!?

# 99 DJ @ 10/08/09 04:14 PM
This is a few days old now but I've been distracted by Live 10

My god, this game looks AMAZING!!! I LOVE the pairing of Gus Johnson and Bill Rafferty in the booth. That's like my dream team squad of commentators.

The CBS integration looks great and will add to the excitement of making the NCAA Tournament - and hopefully - winning it all.

Wasn't paying much attention before but this game is definitely on my radar now. EA is stepping their game up in hoops this year. I like it!

# 100 superjames1992 @ 10/08/09 05:05 PM
Holy crap. I've never been a huge fan of the March Madness Series (Well, now NCAA Basketball 10, I guess), but I may have to give this a shot. The last college basketball game to have this sort of presentation was ESPN College Hoops 2K4, which had tons of ESPN graphics that made you feel "in the game". NCAA 10 looks like it does that and then some.

If the gameplay is good, this could be a very good game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.