Home
Madden 2010 News Post

According to Ian, patch #2 details for Madden NFL 10 will be announced next week.

Quote:
"We are wrapping up the 2nd title update for Madden 10 - lots of good improvements, additions, fixes. Look for a list of stuff next week."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TeamBuilder @ 10/08/09 08:29 PM
Nice!

# 2 AL e BOY 1985 @ 10/08/09 08:30 PM
what is this all about?

# 3 SoxFan01605 @ 10/08/09 08:42 PM
Good stuff. Is it safe to assume, I wonder, that means it will be submitted for approval by that time as well? I ask that because they normally seem to stay silent on details until they know the patch is submitted on their end.

# 4 ZoneKIller @ 10/08/09 08:49 PM
Additions? Gosh I hope they add a feature that lets us change teams mid-Franchise!

# 5 TreyIM2 @ 10/08/09 09:07 PM
This is good news. I've actually been 'stuck' on beating this one Madden Moment and haven't gotten back to my 2nd franchise, yet. I guess I'll wait til this patch comes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I'm really losing interest in the whole "patch" BS ...

What a horrible way to develop a product! I mean what will there be; five or six weeks of the NFL season completed by the time Madden 10 has officially fixed it's "known" problems? Problems that were mostly found by consumers, not their QA department? I'm sorry, that's just not right!
As for this comment, I feel u but you have to understand that there's more to devving games than just getting the end product and glitches happen ESPECIALLY in games that have a year or even less of actual dev time. They have shorter deadlines for different phases of the game and such and when it comes down to the problems, they try to work on the major ones that don't completely kill the gameplay because, again, they only have so much time to work on the game.

Look at the NBA2K series every year - Glitches and legacy issues that have NEVER been fixed. It's not just EA, dude.
Even some of the problems in Madden 10 that they said they fixed, were fixed, to a degree. Sometimes they don't appear and sometimes they do, like the eyes behind the head defenders who know JUST when to turn and bat down the ball. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I give them credit for trying but I think it's something inherent in the engines that would be too time consuming to fix as it would literally "break" the engine. They don't have time to do that and don't even think about EA taking year off with Madden. Madden is MONEY and stocks would be affected by that type of decision. There would be definite backlash as a company but, bottom line, understand that it's more than just YOU just playing the game. I give them credit for what they have tried and done.

Heck, I wonder how much dev time and/or devs this is taking away from the next Madden to keep trying to work on these patches. I'm pretty sure they have a small handful of guys working on the patch while the rest try to bang out ideas and such to get an alpha done.

# 6 marcoyk @ 10/08/09 09:11 PM
Great! Really looking forward to this patch. Could take the game over the top.

# 7 Nature_Boy @ 10/08/09 09:51 PM
Thanks for the info Steve.

# 8 barats @ 10/08/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I'm really losing interest in the whole "patch" BS ...

What a horrible way to develop a product! I mean what will there be; five or six weeks of the NFL season completed by the time Madden 10 has officially fixed it's "known" problems? Problems that were mostly found by consumers, not their QA department? I'm sorry, that's just not right!
I agree. They gain no respect from me come next year because next year, it will be the same crap over again. These problems were noticed right away on here. Is it really that hard to have some testers test this and find these problems before the release and fix it before then?

# 9 countryboy @ 10/08/09 10:10 PM
thanks for the info Steve.

And Sox, I believe you are correct. I would expect that with patch details coming next week, that the actual patch would be available shortly thereafter.

# 10 JMD @ 10/08/09 10:37 PM
Wow! Great! now in just a few weeks I can finally play the football game I bought two months ago.

I can't believe people are thanking and praising EA. No wonder why we will never get a solid game. Baaaaaa Baaaaaaa.

# 11 roadman @ 10/08/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Wow! Great! now in just a few weeks I can finally play the football game I bought two months ago.

I can't believe people are thanking and praising EA. No wonder why we will never get a solid game. Baaaaaa Baaaaaaa.
Yeah, ok, other sports games receive patches 2-3 months down the road after release , but I don't find people squawking about those.

mmmmm.

I'm not about to thank or praise anyone, but I don't turn a blind eye to other sports games patches, either.

# 12 kehlis @ 10/08/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
That's odd, I was able to play mine when I bought it.

Interesting.

# 13 CFav @ 10/08/09 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Exactly what is needed. You guys should throw out 3 patches if thats whats needed this year. Dont leave this game broken, and in return you will gain all of us as repeat customers next year!

Show us you mean buisiness on releasing a good game, and I'll continue to buy and support your products!
Don't lie too the man haha. This was my first purchase since 07, and that was off of craigslist, and I don't think I'm going to do it again at this point. We're heading into the 5th week of the season and I still cannot start my franchise until the stats are at least corrected too some degree(I'm a stat guy so to speak, VERY important too me). Get me once, shame on you, get me twice, shame on me...3 times? Well, I'm just an idiot then...

# 14 ACardAttack @ 10/08/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Id rather receive patches that fix the game instead of receiving none. People need to stop being so negative and appreciate the work. I mean, they have every right to leave it how it is.

I don't care what people say, Madden on last gen had so many problems. Just some off the top of my head:

Madden 2004- CPU Quarterback sucked and couldn't complete passes to save their lives.

Madden 2005- No pass interference calls and wacky franchise stats.

Madden 2006- Punt returns were out of the question.

But yet, people still praise those games as the best ever.
When the prices are higher and you're the only kid on the block, you're gonna get more criticism, especially since things that worked last generation havent even made it in this generation.

# 15 major major @ 10/08/09 11:22 PM
Give me all the patches you can.

And thx for the info!

# 16 matt8204 @ 10/08/09 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
When the prices are higher and you're the only kid on the block, you're gonna get more criticism, especially since things that worked last generation havent even made it in this generation.
Excellent point. And they were the ones who hyped up the game this year. If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in the game. You can't tell me that wasn't said.

I appreciate the fact that games can be patched nowadays but it should be for minor issues, not things that make the game unplayable until the NFL season is more than a quarter of the way over.

# 17 CanesFan5 @ 10/08/09 11:51 PM
I really hope they put in the Seahawks green jerseys. Although I am by far the minority that likes them.

# 18 matt8204 @ 10/08/09 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I just dont see what all the fuss is about. I mean, even the great NHL 10 needs patching for issues. That just comes with sports games these days. I am not sure, but Call of Duty was patched, Socom has had numerous patches. Almost every game made nowadays takes a patch somewhere down the line.
Fair point. I think the difference with sports games (especially Madden or NCAA) is that the issues are more time-sensitive. Think about it; if GTA needed a patch it's not big deal because the next GTA game probably won't come out for another 2-3 years minimum. No big deal waiting 5-6 weeks. But if you make football fans wait that long, you're looking at a third of the season or more that's gone by. This year's game is probably only relevant until the end of the season. I don't know too many people who will buy Madden after the Super Bowl if they haven't purchased it by then. Sports gamers like to have a representation of their sport in video game form during the season in which the sport is actually being played in real life. I know that my desire to play the latest NHL drops off a bit once the Stanley Cup Finals are over.

# 19 RogueHominid @ 10/09/09 12:03 AM
Great news! I'm enjoying the heck out of patch one, so I can't wait to see what patch 2 does.

# 20 NFLFanSince1979 @ 10/09/09 12:36 AM
Awesome news. Cant wait to see how this game plays at it's full potential. Go Pats! Peace.

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.