Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The Gamer uncovers six unexpected players who could light up the virtual court, in NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"One of the guys who worked on "NBA 2K9" was notorious around the office for only playing as the Rockets. But he wasn't dominating all comers because of Yao or T-Mac. This guy was beating everyone in bunches thanks to Shane Battier. When shooting from specific spots on the floor, Battier was almost unstoppable, and when he got hot from behind the arc, you might as well put the controllers down because the game was a wrap.

That's just how it was with "NBA 2K9." Forget T-Mac, Battier was the real star of that team.

The story reminds me of my obsession with the "Lakers vs. Celtics" video game series back on the Genesis. I used to play as the Bulls, but not because of Scottie Pippen, but because of a player named Ed Nealy. He was this plodding forward with a Grizzly Adams-like beard that all my friends used to make fun of, but then I figured out how to use him. Feed Nealy the ball just inside the free throw line and he would swoop in for a layup that was almost unstoppable. If a game was on the line, I was passing to Nealy for the sheer joy of watching this crazy looking bearded guy win the game with a layup over stars like David Robinson and Karl Malone while my friends who used to make fun of the bearded one, now shouted "Nealy!" every time he touched the ball."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 wrestlinggod1 @ 10/13/09 08:06 PM
nice

# 2 ESB32CrowBonez @ 10/13/09 08:10 PM
this is good and all but for those who have the game play lakers vs celtics for kg and the truth screaming if you didn't c it.

# 3 elev8rmuzik @ 10/13/09 08:20 PM
He's not lying about Roger Mason Jr

# 4 jiggamayne03 @ 10/13/09 10:40 PM
The 2K series always have these "unstoppable" players. in 2k10 so far i found out its -Lebron any time he drives,Kobe anytime in his hot spots-David West anywhere in the mid to low post,and Pau anywhere in the post.

# 5 AnArtofWar @ 10/13/09 11:19 PM
Cool stuff...I found two players like that...Jason Thompson and Daquan(I think) Cook(Heat)...Cook can shoot 3s easy and can get dunks in a lot and he is extremely consistent.

# 6 JVal3208 @ 10/14/09 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggamayne03
The 2K series always have these "unstoppable" players. in 2k10 so far i found out its -Lebron any time he drives,Kobe anytime in his hot spots-David West anywhere in the mid to low post,and Pau anywhere in the post.
That is the only false one. You must not be playing much D, cuz I have been doing a hell of a job against him.

My sleeper is my boy A-Mo, Anthony Morrow. Pure knockdown shooter, change of pace from the Warriors offense. Can't play with him online tho.

# 7 stead21 @ 10/14/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
Lakers vs Celtics, I would play as the pistons and crush with a backup Center. And I blocked jordans layup, magic's layup and isiah's layup. Eddie Johnson from the suns could light it up, Lakers vs Celtics, ahhhhhh, my first ownage!
Ha in Lakers Versus Celtics I would move Michael Jordan to the Center Position and dominate all day with his reverse layup, it was automatic. He was so much quicker than the center, you could blow by them and get 2 points every time. I'm gonna fire up the O.G. Xbox Sega Genesis Emulator and play that along with NHL 94.

# 8 str8stuntin03 @ 10/14/09 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
That is the only false one. You must not be playing much D, cuz I have been doing a hell of a job against him.

My sleeper is my boy A-Mo, Anthony Morrow. Pure knockdown shooter, change of pace from the Warriors offense. Can't play with him online tho.
I know man, Im missing Morrow online too

# 9 jrich05 @ 10/14/09 03:30 AM
Missing Morrow is horrible. I used to get 5 3's a game with him off fastbreak 3's alone..

All you dubz fans should try CJ Watson+Azubuike..It's amazing. If you get hot, it's a wrap for opponent.

# 10 oldman @ 10/14/09 11:50 AM
He is right on about JR Smith. When I played the Nuggets in my assocation Melo went for 31 and Smith had 29! They killed me.

# 11 sparkyiii2k @ 10/14/09 12:50 PM
Jordan was unstoppable on 2k3 with the Wizards with that reverse layup good times...note* I think that was his last appearence in a game right?

# 12 flamangatang2k5 @ 10/14/09 02:05 PM
I can't read the article here at work, but i hope to god that Melo is on that list. The guy is impossible to guard.

# 13 marcoyk @ 10/14/09 10:35 PM
Psycho-T baby!!! Nice to see him gettin some love.

# 14 jiggamayne03 @ 10/15/09 01:28 AM
"That is the only false one. You must not be playing much D, cuz I have been doing a hell of a job against him.

My sleeper is my boy A-Mo, Anthony Morrow. Pure knockdown shooter, change of pace from the Warriors offense. Can't play with him online tho. "

No JVal3208 I am talking about using these players on offense. Not on defense. I can handle my own on defense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.