Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about the preliminary details of the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 521 Valbon8 @ 11/22/09 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
i been playin mw2 alot madden is collecting dust right now but when patch 2 comes out i might play a few games then back to mw2
im on the same boat as you buddy...lol

# 522 Glorious Arc @ 11/22/09 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I am glad to hear that the patch will be released soon, but for me I have moved on to basketball, It just took too long for the release of the patch and now my attention has moved forward.
I have learned a lesson this year, I will no longer buy madden at launch, Os is a great source for obtaining information about game statis.
I have learned the same lesson. I am old enough now that I have enough patience to wait a couple of months to pick up the complete Madden 11. Then again, unless franchise gets completely revamped HC 09 style, I will pass it on it altogether.

MW2 has engulfed my playing time now. If my 360 hadnt E74 error a few days ago, I would probably still be playing it right now instead of posting on OS lol.

# 523 nld230 @ 11/22/09 01:32 PM
Was it ever mentioned what new bugs the new patch caused? Hope it wasn't something that caused them to restart the whole project.

I'm still anxiously awaiting, but I think this game is pretty playable, with the right sliders.

# 524 cowboy_kmoney @ 11/22/09 02:04 PM
Still waiting..

# 525 huskerwr38 @ 11/22/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Still waiting..

Still waiting on just details....sheesh

# 526 EWRMETS @ 11/22/09 04:50 PM
Why even release it at this point?

# 527 Scott @ 11/22/09 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
I heard that this patch is coming out in August of 2010. Its called Madden 2011.
Good Job, that's the first time I've ever heard that. You people are so impatient.

# 528 RyanMoody21 @ 11/22/09 06:28 PM
I'm just confused about those of you pushing "patience" so hard on others. Only 12 of 32 teams make the playoffs. Naturally, around this time that's all that gets talked about in the NFL.

That leaves fans of quite a few teams with dwindling interest as the season becomes lost, and maybe you just look forward to your team starting to play "spoiler" . To them, the 16 game season is it and that is well past half over by now.

Is it really that far fetched that fans would want to have played the final version of Madden before that point. The impatience of some is more rooted in the fact they dont feel they got what they paid for more than anything else.

The game obviously has a limited appeal, being as they come out with a new one every year. I have a feeling some fans see this as 4 months where the product as totally unplayable, even if that might not be the case.

# 529 stefancourt @ 11/22/09 06:34 PM
Just read this on pastapadre.com:

The second patch for Madden 10 remains in certification with Microsoft and Sony. The certification process is generally completed within two weeks and as such the patch could be out at any time however the release does not appear to be imminent. Details of much of what the patch contains should be out in the near future to add to what is already known.

# 530 Scott @ 11/22/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Do you realize that christmas is a little over a month away ???
Your point?

# 531 BlueNGold @ 11/22/09 07:03 PM
Can we just get this thread locked until the patch or patch notes actually come out?

I'm tired of all these stupid "The patch is gonna be called Madden 11" jokes and stuff like that.

# 532 huskerwr38 @ 11/22/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Your point?
Obviously his point is that it's ridiculous that a patch would take this long. Ian said that he expected the patch to drop around mid November. December is about a week away and WE DO NOT EVEN HAVE DETAILS ON WHAT EXACTLY IS IN THE PATCH. Now I know, that devs had some problems along the way which held up the patch but this just exemplifies that the core foundation to this game is like a house of cards. This is probably why they can't get much done through the development cycle, any little changes changes other parts of the game which creates other problems. You change one thing it creates another problem, you fix that problems, it creates a new problem, it's like your chasing your tail.

# 533 Scott @ 11/22/09 07:15 PM
If you would do a little research you would realize what is in the patch has already been released. Would you rather them release a half *** patch that breaks something else or actually take their time to fix it? They admitted they hit a snag and had to fix something else the patch caused...Frankly if you don't want to wait, don't.

# 534 RyanMoody21 @ 11/22/09 07:19 PM
Quote:
If you would do a little research you would realize what is in the patch has already been released. Would you rather them release a half *** patch that breaks something else or actually take their time to fix it? They admitted they hit a snag and had to fix something else the patch caused...Frankly if you don't want to wait, don't.
Please share the patch details, and the source that gave you the notes.

# 535 huskerwr38 @ 11/22/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
Also, please let me know how do I not wait for the patch?

# 536 Scott @ 11/22/09 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Also, please let me know how do I not wait for the patch?
Enjoy the game for what its worth, some of you act like it's not even playable.

# 537 Jackdog @ 11/22/09 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Can we just get this thread locked until the patch or patch notes actually come out?
Yes.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.