Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about the preliminary details of the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Jesus-alwz @ 10/18/09 01:38 PM
In addition to some of the other good points, I wish we could have full control with the right analog stick over the person in motion, like ps2 Madden 10 and several NCAA releases allow. For example, there are a lot of short in-out motions in the NFL for the QB/WR to confirm zone vs. man. Or, as a user, you may accidentally send the wrong person in motion, and want to quickly put him back to get to the correct one before you run out of time!

# 102 WhiteMan22 @ 10/18/09 01:38 PM
Not sure if Ian has posted since the start of thread but I'd like to know if he answered the question:

"Do we have to re-start are franchises to get the new updates"?

# 103 canes2008 @ 10/18/09 02:02 PM
Thanks Ian

# 104 roadman @ 10/18/09 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
That's great if you didn't spend $65 for the game! Smart move. Now, I won't disagree that 10 is better than 08-09. Madden 10 is in the room but it can't sit at the table yet. There are still huge problems in gameplay. Man coverage, flats, pursuit angles and suction blocking. If you feel it's okay, then like you said, "it works for you". Which is your opinion and you're entitled to that. Mad respect for that! In my book, that's just not a true representation of the NFL. It's more like EA's representation of NFL Football.

I never said that Live didn't have any faults. I just think that it's more playable out the box than Madden is.

Patches are pretty mandatory on Next-Gen Sports? Well, I wouldn't say mandatory, but more like a common theme, lol! It really depends on how well that QA team is in regards to how significant the patch is. Now, no game is perfect. That I know. Some of these issues that are in this game should have NEVER made it past QA and even you know that. There are literally people that have this game collecting dust and allow it sit as a paperweight until it's fixed with a patch.
Yeah, mandatory was the wrong word to say. I like common theme better.

Plus, as you quoted, I didn't say there isn't any game play flaws. My point is that I don't see them occur every single play or every other play. I will be a happy camper if these flaws are fixed.

# 105 jacory12 @ 10/18/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
Not sure if Ian has posted since the start of thread but I'd like to know if he answered the question:

"Do we have to re-start are franchises to get the new updates"?
NO

# 106 Hiro1 @ 10/18/09 06:10 PM
I'm so happy I don't notice or care about most of the things you guys complain about. Madden10 was the 1st madden I ever purchased(I'm a ncaa guy) and I've been hooked and happy since day 1. Yea sure I have small gripes like the flats and hb direct, but nothing game breaking. It might also help I rarely play the cpu.

# 107 MattIntellect @ 10/18/09 08:09 PM
Great news, this sounds like a spectacular patch update that should improve the game dramatically.

# 108 north dallas @ 10/18/09 08:26 PM
Great update. Thanks Ian.

# 109 ty5oke @ 10/18/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Great news, this sounds like a spectacular patch update that should improve the game dramatically.
I agree, Thanks for the update Ian.

# 110 Kramer5150 @ 10/18/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In addition, I don't own a sports game on NG that doesn't have patches, so, I don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty mandatory with sports gaming on NG with one year cycles. NBA Live doesn't seem to be without faults, either, with 45 pages of patch requests.
While I do agree with sports games needing/having patches...the one flaw in your response (which is in bold)....the big deal is length of season.

By the time (usually) Madden gets its patch(s) we're usually in mid to late Oct/Nov...or Dec....see the problem yet? By this time alot of cats have already moved on to other games,as the football season is nearing it's conclusion.

Compared to the other sports (Hockey,Baseball and Basketball) whose seasons are much longer...82,82 and 162, the waiting for Madden is more troublesome. At least with those other games,you can still salvage a decent season/franchise.

I guess it would all boil down to how dedicated someone is,but in comparison to the other sports,Madden SHOULD be a more complete game from the get-go.
I don't have any issues with patches,but when they get released so late in the football season (for major issues) it just zaps any excitement from wanting to play the game anymore.

I'm still running a "test" franchise,and for the most part still able to find SOME fun,but to be honest,my patience is getting VERY thin at this point.

# 111 marcusmccloud @ 10/19/09 04:21 AM
It'd be nice if the shadow in Qualcomm Stadium were fixed, as it should cover the southwest side of the field, not the northwest; the shadow is correct in NCAA 10. It'd also be pretty sweet to get the cannon after a TD at Qualcomm, which is also in NCAA 10.

# 112 carnalnirvana @ 10/19/09 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabApple
Can somebody explain to me why Ian is being thanked? He's posting a link to the EA commercial blog; it isn't like we're getting original/exclusive/inside info or something.
how dare you,

assume the position

# 113 roadman @ 10/19/09 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
While I do agree with sports games needing/having patches...the one flaw in your response (which is in bold)....the big deal is length of season.

By the time (usually) Madden gets its patch(s) we're usually in mid to late Oct/Nov...or Dec....see the problem yet? By this time alot of cats have already moved on to other games,as the football season is nearing it's conclusion.

Compared to the other sports (Hockey,Baseball and Basketball) whose seasons are much longer...82,82 and 162, the waiting for Madden is more troublesome. At least with those other games,you can still salvage a decent season/franchise.

I guess it would all boil down to how dedicated someone is,but in comparison to the other sports,Madden SHOULD be a more complete game from the get-go.
I don't have any issues with patches,but when they get released so late in the football season (for major issues) it just zaps any excitement from wanting to play the game anymore.

I'm still running a "test" franchise,and for the most part still able to find SOME fun,but to be honest,my patience is getting VERY thin at this point.
Yeah, your right, that part is frustrating. When I wrote that, I meant coming from a perspective of every sports game has patches they we wait on.

# 114 chuckm1961 @ 10/19/09 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabApple
Can somebody explain to me why Ian is being thanked? He's posting a link to the EA commercial blog; it isn't like we're getting original/exclusive/inside info or something.
Yes, you are right, Crab. When someone gives you information, you should NEVER thank them.

[This post sponsored by the Sarcasm Institute of Akron].

# 115 kgbrolic @ 10/19/09 09:18 AM
Thanks Ian! Hope you guys fix the challenging of plays (i.e. User option to pick which aspect of the play is challenged)!

# 116 JMD @ 10/19/09 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Well since your selling the game..i guess we wont be seeing any more of your whining correct? It would be great if so...along with all the other droppy downers around here...lighten up people..some of ya sound worse then a rich old lady having a baby tantrum over a cracked finger nail
Yes, by all means, please all you complainers stop now. What right do you have to expect a product that works properly the day you buy it? You should stop the complaining so EA will never get the game to work right on release day, after all isn't that what we want, a broken game every year?

It's people like moegames here that are the reason we have to put up with this year after year. If you are more then willing to purchase and except a sub par product ,then said product will not improve.

While the efforts to fix the game are appreciated, if the proper time was taken to program and test the game, we the consumers would not have to wait months after the games release for it to work as it should.

# 117 Sportkid84 @ 10/19/09 10:03 AM
Some people just have to understand this is game and not real life,this is going to have some bugs

# 118 JMD @ 10/19/09 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree! I also feel the same way about the "extra Point" halftime show ... watched it once, now I just wish I could turn it OFF, or at least cut through it quickly! I have never found any of these types of "presentation" items to really add anything to the game. It's the same repetitive stuff over and over so gets boring real quick.

Next year please focus on GAME PLAY!!!
While my main concern is the game play. I love the extra point. I love sitting back after a week in franchise has been played and getting the weekly wrap up. I'd like to see this expanded on next year, after they get the basic game of football to play as it should of course.

# 119 DaRealist01 @ 10/19/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusmccloud
It'd be nice if the shadow in Qualcomm Stadium were fixed, as it should cover the southwest side of the field, not the northwest; the shadow is correct in NCAA 10. It'd also be pretty sweet to get the cannon after a TD at Qualcomm, which is also in NCAA 10.
these are the posts i have issues with. really, is shadows really more serious than gameplay issues? hopefully ea gets the major stuff fixed first before trying to pretty up the game with minor details like that

# 120 Articula @ 10/19/09 10:20 AM
Nice update Ian/Larry. Thanks!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.