Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Gamespot has posted some NCAA Basketball 10 videos. They feature Auburn vs. Kansas, Stanford vs. Georgetown and Michigan vs. Boston College.

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Bwnarrow3 @ 10/17/09 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
Well, I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of commentary with the CBS team. I'll expect more from the final version. I'm pretty excited for the game, though.
I agree. Final version will be better.

# 22 cdj @ 10/17/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I wonder if these videos are A.I versus A.I. or user Vs A.I. ETC.....?

Wondering because this would answer my question about seeing the A.I.'s player name or # when they have posession of the ball this year. That was a huge gripe I had last year.
I think it was HUM vs. HUM, so we still don't know about the icons. (At least the vid with the really weird juke/cut animation looked like HUM vs. HUM to me.)

# 23 countryboy @ 10/17/09 05:17 PM
there was in the videos and there was last year, although the cpu didn't have an identifier last year.

# 24 Buckeyes_Doc @ 10/17/09 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Well this is what happens when you have 2 announcing teams broadcasting games. The First year for a announcing team is always weak, but add in they already have another team. I understand the Commentary as a whole will not be amazing, but the fact that we have 2 teams makes up for it imo.
Yeah definently, I'm not a commentary freak i usually tune them out when I get really into a game anyways lol.

# 25 HustlinOwl @ 10/17/09 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Yeah definently, I'm not a commentary freak i usually tune them out when I get really into a game anyways lol.
I couldnt agree more all of it becomes quite repetitive after a few seasons in dynasty mode. Now conference tourneys or National tournament I may turn commentary on.

# 26 pfunk880 @ 10/17/09 06:19 PM
Presentation looks great in action.

I'm hoping the CBS commentary is still getting cleaned up. These videos are clearly not from a finished version because the shot clock wasn't running on the ESPN vid.

# 27 x_irish6 @ 10/17/09 06:59 PM
ESPN commentary sounded a lot better IMHO. Probably due to first year of CBS in the game.

Gameplay is about as expected, but I'm really digging the primary & secondary passing options. I like to run the team's offenses but at the same time I don't want to go into practice modes & learn my whole team's playbooks off by heart, so this might be a nice middle ground. If implemented successfully then could see it in Live '11 also.

# 28 Cusefan @ 10/17/09 09:13 PM
Gameplay looks Solid, Commentary is good, Presentation is Solid. The real question is now Dynasty, I am keeping my Fingers crossed that this recieved alot of love this year...

# 29 Jistic @ 10/17/09 09:22 PM
Nice touch, even shows the kids major while at the free throw line.

# 30 shawnk38 @ 10/17/09 10:52 PM
I am still excited about this game but I have three issues of concern:

1) CBS commentary seems lacking. It does not seem fluid. Hopeful final version will be better.
2) EA's marketing department. We are one month out and do not know any of the feature set about this game. That is ridiculous. Just give us the info on online, dynasty, co-op, etc. This is just silly. I think holding out this long on the info hurts more than helps.
3) "Honey I Shrunk The Court" compare these video's to the NBA Live 10 Video's and the court is SMALLER!!! Regulation courts are the same size in the NBA and NCAA's. Is this how they made the game faster? Smaller court means more up and down. Everyone check it out and please comment, cause I would like EA to comment on this.

Thanks O/S. Please don't misunderstand me, I am not down on the game. I was pumped for last years version and am for this years as well. But I am only buying one b-ball game this year and want to know if I should just get Live. EA come on and give us the info!!!

# 31 radiohead @ 10/18/09 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnk38
I am still excited about this game but I have three issues of concern:

3) "Honey I Shrunk The Court" compare these video's to the NBA Live 10 Video's and the court is SMALLER!!! Regulation courts are the same size in the NBA and NCAA's. Is this how they made the game faster? Smaller court means more up and down. Everyone check it out and please comment, cause I would like EA to comment on this.

Thanks O/S. Please don't misunderstand me, I am not down on the game. I was pumped for last years version and am for this years as well. But I am only buying one b-ball game this year and want to know if I should just get Live. EA come on and give us the info!!!

I checked it out and you are absolutely right. The courts seem smaller and the game seems darker and less vibrant than Live.

Hopefully it's just the way the vids were captured.

# 32 countryboy @ 10/18/09 10:42 AM
Quote:
I wonder if these videos are A.I versus A.I. or user Vs A.I. ETC.....?

Wondering because this would answer my question about seeing the A.I.'s player name or # when they have posession of the ball this year. That was a huge gripe I had last year.
Auburn vs Kansas video is Human vs cpu and there is no identifier under the cpu ballhandler.

Annoyed that this apparently didn't get fixed from last year to this year.

# 33 whittleboy615 @ 10/18/09 03:24 PM
The smaller court size compared to Live is just due to different camera angles and zoom levels. It's no big deal people. Those are fully customizable.

I like the animation of Al Skinner trying to fire up his team in the top left corner during the UM vs. BC game. It made me laugh.

There are more free throw dribble routine animations this year, and the addition of an academic major on the stat box is an awesome little touch.

The offensive sets look fantastic. I'm pumped about being able to call entire offenses on the fly like you can with defense. Plus, this feature has unlimited potential for improving the CPU's intelligence.

I really liked the player indicators showing name, attribute strength, and stamina the whole time. I do wish it would show the name of the CPU player with the ball though. It needs to be in there so we can know if we have the correct defensive matchup. This seems like something that could be fixed before the final product IF A DEV READS OUR FEEDBACK.

Roster editing still needs more features like a FA player pool, individual face/hair/skin tone options, custom shot animations, ability to set redshirt status, tendencies, and more, but the addition of black socks, arm sleeves, knee bands, and more face models is good progress.

# 34 gdav125 @ 10/18/09 04:40 PM
I see very good progression in this game. The playcalling "so far" looks more efficient and the player execution of plays looks very smooth. I'm still waiting on the Dynasty info. And yes it is coming out very slowly. Maybe because there are no other real improvements/modifications. I reall y hope I'm wrong though.

# 35 superjames1992 @ 10/18/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Auburn vs Kansas video is Human vs cpu and there is no identifier under the cpu ballhandler.

Annoyed that this apparently didn't get fixed from last year to this year.
I will be pissed if there's no identifier for the CPU or HUM. That would be ridiculous. I can't particularly tell the difference between the different players based on looks, so for me to know how to defend them, I need their names, or at least their numbers...

# 36 countryboy @ 10/18/09 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I will be pissed if there's no identifier for the CPU or HUM. That would be ridiculous. I can't particularly tell the difference between the different players based on looks, so for me to know how to defend them, I need their names, or at least their numbers...
Yeah, last year I just chalked it up to an oversight, but this year I will be annoyed if its not there.

But I'll get over it and play if its not....just like last year.

# 37 mvb34 @ 10/18/09 09:05 PM
Quote:
If this is the case in the final build I will pass this year.

Not trying to be negative here, but if they can't get this right I think other "very basic" elements will suffer lackluster upgrades as well. I hope something has been done to the dynasty because that sucker was as bland as an old food stamp peach. Presentaion is going to be good but it alone does not keep the ship afloat, its other small details that matter more to the playability and lifespan of the game. As with the football game I hope were not seeing neglect in basic imperative features that get left behind in the big marketing push. It would be a real shame this year to have a decent game be plauged with an inability to identify the FREAKING A.I. PLAYERS ON THE COURT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
How can this be a big deal???

# 38 shawnk38 @ 10/18/09 09:37 PM
I really hope the court looks smaller due to the camera angle. But I won't be convinced until I see the demo. I don't understand why the camera angle would make the court shrink. But I hope your right.

# 39 whittleboy615 @ 10/18/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnk38
I really hope the court looks smaller due to the camera angle. But I won't be convinced until I see the demo. I don't understand why the camera angle would make the court shrink. But I hope your right.
Just compare some Gamespot videos of Live 10 to NCAA 10. It's obvious because the size of the players and angle at which you see the court is different. This is due to different default settings of camera angle and zoom level. It is just perspective.

If you are in airplane in the sky, objects on the ground will look tiny. If you are on the ground, the same objects look much larger. That's an extreme example, but the same principle applies. I've put a considerable amount of time playing NCAA 08 and NCAA 09 and there is nothing abnormal looking about the courts.

# 40 shawnk38 @ 10/18/09 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Just compare some Gamespot videos of Live 10 to NCAA 10. It's obvious because the size of the players and angle at which you see the court is different. This is due to different default settings of camera angle and zoom level. It is just perspective.

If you are in airplane in the sky, objects on the ground will look tiny. If you are on the ground, the same objects look much larger. That's an extreme example, but the same principle applies. I've put a considerable amount of time playing NCAA 08 and NCAA 09 and there is nothing abnormal looking about the courts.
I see your point. My point was only that regardless of what camera angle you change it to, and no matter how far you zoom in, the players should look proportionate to the size of the floor. The players do not look proportionate to the floor.
Your right though, I do not remember that being an issue in NCAA 08, or 09. I look forward to the demo, though. Thanks for the thoughts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.