Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Gamespot has posted some NCAA Basketball 10 videos. They feature Auburn vs. Kansas, Stanford vs. Georgetown and Michigan vs. Boston College.

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ehh @ 10/18/09 11:44 PM
In Live '10 there's an option to change the player name display under the ball handler, default is for 'fade' but you can turn it to 'always' and I'm sure NCAA '10 will have the same format.

Vids looked good, tough to tell much difference from Live's game play in terms of "more college feel" though Michigan and Georgetown were both running their real-life offenses, nice to see both teams try a back door cut even in such short videos.

Not too worried about the commentary diffirential from ESPN to CBS. The ESPN package is what's been in the game for years, CBS is new so I'm sure the final build will have more lines and be better overall.

# 42 KG @ 10/19/09 12:42 PM
Not bad at all. Looked like my Hoyas ran their Princeton offense as Monroe hit Hollis Thompson for the backdoor. Michigan in their 1-3-1 looked pretty good too. Interesting matchup between BC and their tightly packed flex offense (one of the worst to watch IMO) vs that zone.

Loose ball AI still needs to be tightened up (ala Live in the patch) but what I'm seeing so far warrants my attention come November.

Edit: I see the #s and position under the players. Am I missing something in that whole discussion?

# 43 HustlinOwl @ 10/19/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Edit: I see the #s and position under the players. Am I missing something in that whole discussion?
They are referring to when the CPU has the ball, there is no indicator.

# 44 KG @ 10/19/09 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
They are referring to when the CPU has the ball, there is no indicator.
Thanks Hustlin.

# 45 nccomicfan @ 10/19/09 03:00 PM
Maybe it's just a peeve of mine but I do not want to see College players dribbling behind their legs and other streetball-ish moves. Save that stuff for Live.

# 46 ehh @ 10/19/09 03:54 PM
^ That's another thing that could really hurt NCAA '10 especially since 2K8 did it so well.

There was hardly any fancy isolation stuff in 2K8 and they did an amazing job with the amount of dunks. If you played with low majors you could go several games without seeing a single dunk. They nailed that part of the "college feel". I'm worried that the level athleticism and skill will be too high across the board in NCAA '10. You could really the tell the difference between low majors and high majors in 2K8, and the difference from the gameplay to NBA 2K8 was amazingly noticeable as well.

# 47 mvb34 @ 10/19/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Because in a real competitive basketball game I can identify players by what they look like on the court. Since this is not a realistic option in this title, we have to be able to know who has the ball somehow? Hell, why don't some college teams this year done masks and change player numbers during games so the opposing team can't tell who their players are. There is no excuse for this crap, I will ungraciously not buy the game this year and complain vigorusly at the insipid nature of such basic non-exsistent video game fundamentals.
I still don't get it.. The object of playing defense it stop the other team from scoring no matter who brings the ball up.

In college basketball don't the point guard bring the ball up 90 percent of the time?

# 48 KG @ 10/19/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I still don't get it.. The object of playing defense it stop the other team from scoring no matter who brings the ball up.

In college basketball don't the point guard bring the ball up 90 percent of the time?
They do but how do you differentiate between the SG and the SF?

What if one can't shoot and one can?

You'd want to play defense accordingly and it starts with knowing who has the ball, especially with generic faces. It's not like the Pro games where you can tell who the players are by face. Chances are w/o roster editing you're gonna get some kids who are really black but are white in the game, and vice versa.

# 49 mvb34 @ 10/19/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
They do but how do you differentiate between the SG and the SF?

What if one can't shoot and one can?

You'd want to play defense accordingly and it starts with knowing who has the ball, especially with generic faces. It's not like the Pro games where you can tell who the players are by face. Chances are w/o roster editing you're gonna get some kids who are really black but are white in the game, and vice versa.
Wouldn't you know after a few possession?? I don't know I have to checkout the demo to see the issue..

# 50 KG @ 10/19/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Wouldn't you know after a few possession?? I don't know I have to checkout the demo to see the issue..
Just think about every sports game you have played since the PS2/Xbox games. How many of those games have not displayed the name of the player who had the ball?

I didn't play '09 so I didn't know it was an issue.

# 51 Buckeyes_Doc @ 10/19/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Just think about every sports game you have played since the PS2/Xbox games. How many of those games have not displayed the name of the player who had the ball?

I didn't play '09 so I didn't know it was an issue.
Yeah it would just look odd to me, it would take me awhile to get use to it and even then I still wouldnt like it.

# 52 whittleboy615 @ 10/19/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I don't know if I'm alone here but I sometimes announce my own games, one thing that bothered me about NCAA BB 09 was the fact that I didn't know who scored, so I'd just be putting in pronouns like the announcers in game do.
That's pretty funny. I definitely don't do that. But whatever helps you enjoy the game I suppose...

# 53 RayAllen20 @ 10/19/09 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I don't know if I'm alone here but I sometimes announce my own games, one thing that bothered me about NCAA BB 09 was the fact that I didn't know who scored, so I'd just be putting in pronouns like the announcers in game do.
Don't worry I do it too haha. This is extremely important for mid majors. Btw announcing makes games more exciting doesn't it?

# 54 shindiana @ 10/19/09 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
NO, the players look alot alike in this game. A game without this imperative feature is in regression.
Do upcoming players come with different accessories like they did in CH2K?
Sometimes it helps.

# 55 Big Green @ 10/19/09 10:09 PM
CAMPUS LEGEND AND ROAD TO GLORY ...AND THEN TRANSFERED TO LIVE 10 IF NOT THAN THEY WILL LOOSE TO 2K FORVEVER

# 56 KG @ 10/20/09 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
Do upcoming players come with different accessories like they did in CH2K?
Sometimes it helps.
I always thought CH2K had way too many freshman wearing high socks. Whenever I'd play a team and saw a kid with high socks I pretty much knew he was a frosh.

BTW,

How are the signature shot styles in this game? Are there a lot to choose from?

# 57 duke776 @ 10/20/09 01:48 PM
Quote:
How are the signature shot styles in this game? Are there a lot to choose from?
In 09, shot types depended on what position the player played. I'm pretty sure there were 5 different types(one for each position), and we weren't able to change their shot.

I'm really hoping they added a lot of them this year, and gave us the ability to edit the shots, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

# 58 KG @ 10/20/09 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
In 09, shot types depended on what position the player played. I'm pretty sure there were 5 different types(one for each position), and we weren't able to change their shot.

I'm really hoping they added a lot of them this year, and gave us the ability to edit the shots, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
That is pretty crappy.

# 59 ehh @ 10/20/09 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776

It was totally random from game to game for a lot of players, I think a few stars had consistent shots but I know AJ Price's jumpshot form would change throughout my dynasty.

# 60 Jano @ 10/20/09 04:27 PM
Well I know that a lot of shots from Live 10 are going to be in this year so that will definitely add more. They also said they would add more college specific animations so I'm sure that will lead to more jumpshots as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.