Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has announced the patch details for NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"Hey 2Kers,

Just an update to let everyone know that we have completed the Xbox 360 version of the patch. As promised, you will find the patch details below. The items in bold are items that have also been addressed in a new version of the PS3 patch (I've updated that thread with the appropriate information).

To answer a question that I have received many queries about, these patches do NOT require you to restart your Associations and My Player careers. Good luck with your players and teams!

SimBaller"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DC @ 10/20/09 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I am amazed that they have addressed this after all this time...

DC will be laying on the floor somewhere in shock...he'll need to be revived
I don't believe it. Instead of 3 dribbles after the pass it will probably be 2 dribbles that still allows it to be an assist

# 42 jerseyballer7 @ 10/20/09 10:32 PM
what about the custom arena for player of the game halftime highlights and player sounds? I hope they didn't forget that.

# 43 youvalss @ 10/20/09 10:33 PM
Seems like Microsoft and Sony need more time to test the patch than what it took to create it...

# 44 Brandwin @ 10/20/09 10:33 PM
Wow that list is amazing. Hopefully nothing gets messed up in the process, but more times than not, something else after a patch gets messed up. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

# 45 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/20/09 10:33 PM
How does and assist in an NBA game get given? I was under the impression it was an entirely subjective decision made by the official scorer.

# 46 ronyell @ 10/20/09 10:45 PM
nothing about the passive "scoring" point guards, "gross over-double-teaming" or the "drive-in-the-lane" & "pass out" tendency issue?!

# 47 Brandwin @ 10/20/09 10:46 PM
As far as I know as long as person who receives the pass doesn't dribble more then 2 times before scoring.

# 48 jfsolo @ 10/20/09 10:54 PM
With College Hoops 2k8 they listed about 15 gameplay fixes, but they seemed to fix about 30 things, and it made that game the G.O.A.T. I'm hoping that there are a lot of those "stealth" tweaks with this game as well.

# 49 TheSolutionKMH @ 10/20/09 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Wait so that is just a PS3 list?

**crosses fingers**
yes dopeboy the list is for ps3 only. 360 list coming soon

# 50 L_E_O @ 10/20/09 11:04 PM
Now that's a list! It'll be great if they REALLY fix all of that, but I have to admit I'm skeptical.

I hate to be the pessimist here (lord knows there are enough of those in forums these days), but I have to ask the question. How many of these "bugs" did 2K know about before they released the game? I find it extremely hard to believe that all of these things slipped by their QA team before the game was released... mind you that this will be the same QA team responsible for reviewing the patch.

So what gives here for 2K? Did they knowingly release the most bug-filled sports title in years just to hit the street date or is their QA department REALLY this terrible?

# 51 Goffs @ 10/20/09 11:04 PM
I really don't see how this patch list will be any different for the 360 version...

PC on the other hand has some sound issues and controller buttons being messed up...

# 52 LionsFanNJ @ 10/20/09 11:11 PM
So now they're locking in MyPlayer at 5 minutes no matter what? What kind of buffoonery is this?

other than that the patch sounds good. I don't get why 2k is screwing their shiny new back of the box mode....

# 53 jason1016 @ 10/20/09 11:12 PM
Before patch - You got to change difficulty/minutes but didn't get to benefit from Developmental Drills and Pick-Up Games for the most part.

After patch - You can't change minutes but you get to Drill and Pick-Up Game early in your My Player career.

By 2k admin on 2kforum.
So, for the players I already created, will I drills when patch come out or it only applies to characters that are newly made? Same with clone, will it disappear with patch for players already created?
Also, if I change the minutes, will it remain the same after patch or it'll become 5 minutes for everyone?

# 54 BlueNGold @ 10/20/09 11:57 PM
Wow, that's a pretty huge patch list. I think almost all of my issues I've had with the game when I rented it got fixed so looks like I'm gonna be buying this now but not until I read the post patch impressions here.

I'm hoping this patch will be on a CH2K8 level where it'll make this game amazing.

# 55 Boge @ 10/21/09 12:02 AM
I don't see anything there with adjusting minutes or sliders in My Player. Yeah, I know, they don't want people changing things so their players are too good too easy. It's more of a single player mode anyway, they should give us the options we want. Then if people want to play online, they can have their online My Player that can't have adjusted settings.

Waste of a patch.

# 56 Goffs @ 10/21/09 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Waste of a patch.

seriously the framerate issues are probably the main complaints...dude just give up gaming if your this unhappy and arent you on the PC? theres a damn workaround for editing the My Player minutes....

# 57 Po Pimp @ 10/21/09 12:10 AM
I just did a search and looked up when the Patch List was released for 2K9, and I found some interesting stuff:

-Some of the problems pre-patch in 2k9 currently exist in 2k10 (high FG% and Lag). However, I loved 2k9 post-patch, so I'm positive 2k10 will be even greater.

-Also, the patch for 2k9 was released Dec 3rd for PS3 and a little after for 360. I'm glad 2k is trying to get this thing out ASAP.

# 58 Boge @ 10/21/09 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

seriously the framerate issues are probably the main complaints...dude just give up gaming if your this unhappy and arent you on the PC? theres a damn workaround for editing the My Player minutes....
True. Right now you guys can change your minutes in My Player, but after the patch, you can't. I still can.

# 59 Greene_Flash03 @ 10/21/09 12:20 AM
Thanks for the update!

That's a long list indeed! I hope it makes a difference in the game. Especially online.

# 60 VDusen04 @ 10/21/09 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Are the extra uniforms likely to be added (e.g. the new Mavs and Grizz alternates?)
It looks like those jerseys will likely be unlocked once the real life team wears them for a game. Sometimes if you switch to a teams' retro jersey in quick play, then shuffle swiftly to another team, you can see the title of a jersey that has yet been unlocked.

Anyway, I guess I did not understand patches too well because I wasn't expecting nearly anything close to what was listed. I was planning on the framerate being fixed and that was about it. However, I am very pleased about what is being addressed, particularly the ability to hand out any jersey numbers we want outside of Association. It feels like they have listened and tried to fix as many things to the best of their abilities. It's cool that random things (bounce pass on free throws) are being thrown into the mix as well. Good deal.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.