NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JVal3208 @ 10/25/09 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
other than that EA has another 60 bucks from me this year lol! Madden, Fight Night, Nba Live, and Ncaa Basketball!
LOL exactly man, I got Madden, Fight Night (sold it though), LIVE, FIFA, when I buy this it will be the first time I have purchased so many EA products! Half my games will be EA!

The game is looking alot like LIVE, which is exactly what I wanted. You can't really get a feel for a game by watching a video, which is why some people may say it "looks" like 09. I can tell by watching that it plays much differently from 09.

# 42 joesto54 @ 10/26/09 11:14 PM
"That dude from Duke" is Kyle Singler who was named ACC preseason POY. Now i hope that every player isn't capable of that move but i'm sure that he could.

# 43 J-Unit40 @ 10/28/09 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
The problem I have with this game is every player looks, acts and plays like every other player. Watching that dude from Duke do that crazy left handed layup I hope he is rated high in something that allows him to do that. Not too many players can make plays like that in college basketball.

I hope they did something with individual players.
This is now why I prefer NBA games. Specifically, NBA2K10. The signature styles and abilities have spoiled it for other games. I'm not complaining, but they raised the bar (Live '10 included). Madden also did this with signature throwing styles.

I understand the NCAA won't allow "signature" styles because they are amateurs, but EA needs to separate who can do what on the court/field. Maybe they do this year with NCAA Basketball 10. I hope they do.

# 44 Coachwf @ 10/29/09 03:36 PM
Yet another reason I'm still playing College Hoops 2K8. I hope EA can convince me to buy their game, but I'm betting I'd still go back to 2K8 because of the little intricacies in dynasty mode like this.

# 45 Flightwhite24 @ 11/02/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
The problem I have with this game is every player looks, acts and plays like every other player. Watching that dude from Duke do that crazy left handed layup I hope he is rated high in something that allows him to do that. Not too many players can make plays like that in college basketball.

This is what I will be waiting to see if the players all have pretty much the same ability. Also if the rosters are all messed up again like last year. That info will come out instantly and if it is the same as last year, it's a no purchase for me. Too many games come out now that get things right to fool with PATCH NEEDED games out of the box, due to fundamentals being broke that never should make it to the retail version. I won't be suckered again by this college game or any other sports game in the future. Been burnt to many times. Peace!!!

# 46 Playmakers @ 11/03/09 01:40 AM
Maybe it's just me but the gameplay is looking weaker every time i see a new video.............

At one point this game looked like a day 1 purchase for me. Now it's slowly fading away and becoming a pass just like MM 09.

I don't know how anyone can look at that gameplay and be excited. Sure the presentaion looks good but the gameplay is way to goofy and clumsy looking. I mean seriously they had 1 year to improve the gameplay and yet this game looks no different than something from MM08 and MM09.

EA do yourself a favor and lower the price tag on this game down like $40 at the most. The only people that could possibly make this a must purchase are college b-ball fans that absolutely need a college game this year.

They still have C's and PF's all looking the same in body build just because they are big guys. Hello, have you ever seen PF's like Dirk, Bosh, Duncan or Garnett. Just because they are PF's or C's don't mean they should all be body builders.

In fact i highly doubt you'll see that many guys in College with shoulders like the way we see them in NCAA 10. It's crazy because they make their football players look too skinny yet the basketball players all resemble Ron Artest.

And I sure hope they don't use some weak azzzz ratings system to rate the players for the 3rd straight year. I mean seriously what's the point of Blue Ribbon rating the teams if it doesn't translate over to the actual players.

That shot by Singler is the same shot 1200 guys in this game have pulled of every year it seems. How about some player seperation for once EA.

# 47 ehh @ 11/03/09 02:31 PM
Quote:

That was probably my main gripe with NCAA 09. There were essentially three types of teams in NCAA 09 and it was based on their team tempo (which was executed very well, even better than Live '10 somehow). There was team definition but absolutely no individual differences. Even playing with Steph Curry I didn't feel like I was knocking down anymore shots than with AJ Price.

Once every team was in the half court you had no idea who the star of the CPU team was. CH2K8 had the shooting tendencies for close/med/3PT/drive which helped but even that wouldn't solve all the issues because it didn't affect how many touches they got.

Hopefully they improved this, it made last year's game get stale pretty damn quickly.

# 48 KG @ 11/04/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That was probably my main gripe with NCAA 09. There were essentially three types of teams in NCAA 09 and it was based on their team tempo (which was executed very well, even better than Live '10 somehow). There was team definition but absolutely no individual differences. Even playing with Steph Curry I didn't feel like I was knocking down anymore shots than with AJ Price.

Once every team was in the half court you had no idea who the star of the CPU team was. CH2K8 had the shooting tendencies for close/med/3PT/drive which helped but even that wouldn't solve all the issues because it didn't affect how many touches they got.

Hopefully they improved this, it made last year's game get stale pretty damn quickly.
That's where playbooks came into play. In CH2K8 playing as Wake the 1st year JJ Hickson never got enough touches vs me. He would always end up with like 8-10 off putbacks. Then I switched their playbook to a custom playbook with a lot of post up sets and his average suddenly went up to 16-20. Coincidentally I started getting much tougher games from State.

2's & 3's used to always kill me in CH2K8 because of the generic playbooks before I made the playbook switches. Hopefully NCAA Bball has something similiar. I would hate to play teams that didn't give their best players the ball.

# 49 ehh @ 11/04/09 01:00 PM
I experimented with that but eventually decided to stick with the balanced playbook. If you overload it with post up plays for teams like UNC then Hansbrough would be good but Ellington and Lawson would be really quiet.

For me I just decided to roll with the more perimeter orientated CPU attack.

# 50 KG @ 11/04/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I experimented with that but eventually decided to stick with the balanced playbook. If you overload it with post up plays for teams like UNC then Hansbrough would be good but Ellington and Lawson would be really quiet.

For me I just decided to roll with the more perimeter orientated CPU attack.
Yeah. I actually kept UNC at default and our scores were always in the 90s to 100s.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.