Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just plugged in NBA Live 10 and received the patch. What's in the patch you ask? Read all about it, right here.

Make sure you post your impressions here.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NDIrish98 @ 10/26/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Just got finished playing a game and couldn't even finish. It's virtually impossible to stay with someone as the force field still exist.

For some reason the calling for a pick is crazy now as the guy I'm asking to set a pick for me is setting picks on everyone else other than the guy that's guarding me and to add to the the guy that's checking me can stick to me like glue so when the guy I asked to set the pick for me finally does come over and set it on the guy that's defending me I can't move cause the defender is stuck to me. I had no problems with the way P&R's was done originally.

For some reason the jumpshots take forever and a day now. My timing is completely off now.

Alleys are still not fixed as they continue to go to the wrong guy, this gives the user the ability to sit in zones all game long. If a guy is standing right next to the basket with nobody covering him I should be able to get the ball to him for an easy 2. I did notice Brown missed 2 alley dunks that I was able to get to him, so I'm guessing they added missed dunks.

Still no fatigue for online play. Let me repeat that folks, still NO FATIGUE FOR ONLINE PLAY. That's sad man. I have no other words for it.

Things I did like though, 3pt's seem to be toned down now as the guy I was playing was using the Cavs and Mo was putting up bricks from beyond the line.

Rebounding seems to be more fluid now, could be better but seems like they did some work to it.

No more bouncing up and down back down the court, saw different animations after player scored the ball.

Can fast inbound now as I was unable to do so before. They guy that was inbounding always had to go to a certain spot before he inbounded the ball.

I really really hate the defense in this game, I pride myself on my defense but the seperation that's giving because of the force field just kills it for me. I mean the user can move anywhere with the offensive player but defensively your always trailing. I really had no problem with defense in Live 09 and felt like the elements to it were perfect, just needed some tweaks but what they have right now......I'll pass.

That along with no fatigue online, it's unplayable for me. Gotta shelf it. Good attempt and effort though, you can see the potential, just the game killers that killed it for me.

Enjoy.
this here, you're gonna have to stop relying on RB/R1 to stay with your man, w/ the update though, without using RB/R1, the movement of your defender feels so much tighter than it did and it feels better (to me) trying to defend the ballhandler.

# 62 ehh @ 10/26/09 12:16 PM
What's up with fouls? This needs to be improved.

Are we ever going to be able to take 10+ FTs a game with guys like LeBron?

# 63 23 @ 10/26/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I personally feel we don't need two patches if the first was able to address a majority of the complaints.

Hopefully we will see a patch fix list soon.
If is right...

Im not calling for it, just saying that I wouldn't mind if its needed, I wasnt dimissing 2 patches.

Still I haven't seen or heard anything, so does anyone know when the list comes out? Or at least we can start listing things people have noticed so far

-Ball doesnt get stripped as easily under the bucket

- Manual post up is in

- Defensive and post game tweaks? (if so, what)

- Teams setting into offenses faster

Anyone have anything else

# 64 Pared @ 10/26/09 12:19 PM
I updated the original post. The list of what the patch fixes/addresses will be out later today.

# 65 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I personally feel we don't need two patches if the first was able to address a majority of the complaints.

Hopefully we will see a patch fix list soon. (Edit: Yes, we will be getting the info. later today.)
There could be 2 as they were working on stuff for this one while I was still up there. Anything is possible

# 66 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

there have been a few posts saying there are a log of fouls right now I'm in the second qtr and the cpu and I are both 7-8 and this has been mostly a jump shooting game. When you goto the basket fouls are called.

# 67 NDIrish98 @ 10/26/09 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
If is right...

Im not calling for it, just saying that I wouldn't mind if its needed, I wasnt dimissing 2 patches.

Still I haven't seen or heard anything, so does anyone know when the list comes out? Or at least we can start listing things people have noticed so far

-Ball doesnt get stripped as easily under the bucket

- Manual post up is in

- Defensive and post game tweaks? (if so, what)

- Teams setting into offenses faster

Anyone have anything else
skin tones look darker, video in Hangar isnt buggy, controlling your defender feels tigher(doesnt seem to 'slide' around as easy) if you know what i'm talking about...the rebounding definitely felt better, not as many 'cheap' cpu boards in the game i played. that's all from the short time i played.

# 68 23 @ 10/26/09 12:24 PM
Thanks ND

Did they change agility ratings in this patch?

I remember guys like Kobe being in the high 90's

# 69 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414

I know that EA Devs and produrcers come on this board a lot. I just want to keep making it an issue so that they may correct in future releases.

I think that Live has superior game play to any basketball game I have played. I am not noticing any real difference in game play but I thought the game play has always been solid.
This is not necessary. All you have to do is make sure its in the bugs thread and the wishlist thread. EA dudes are very good about checking those threads who knows if it will be addressed but it will be seen. If we can all say our piece when appropriate and then make sure things are put in the right threads we can stop eveythread from going south with everyone "making sure" their gripe gets heard.

IMHO of course !

# 70 Super Glock @ 10/26/09 12:27 PM
so what's up with the PS3 patch?

# 71 Dice @ 10/26/09 12:32 PM
Did the patch improve the CPU fastbreak?

# 72 Nomah5 @ 10/26/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

hey ehhh...Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I have played close to 15 games all OFFLINE and I run with my Suns. I typically get to the line with Amar'e 10-15 times a game and sometimes all my points are via FT with him. It is possible and its not like I go inside all game with him. I have seen him and Nash get popped on a jumper and get to the line. I have also on occasion seen J Rich get hit on a 3 point attempt. While I think it could be called allot more often, I do get my ft attempts at a realistic rate. I am on PRO with LF2 sliders and enjoying it!

# 73 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/26/09 12:37 PM
So Czar, how does the backdown button feel? Does it make the post up game feel any different, I myself didn't mind the auto backdown at all, as for me it worked.

# 74 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
So Czar, how does the backdown button feel? Does it make the post up game feel any different, I myself didn't mind the auto backdown at all, as for me it worked.
It helps a lot in those situations where now you don't have to "hope" you can engage the defense without losing the ball. I like to post my pg when I have that advantage so It really helps there.

Besides that like I said the auto post up seems much easier to get into now as well. I like having both

# 75 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/26/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It helps a lot in those situations where now you don't have to "hope" you can engage the defense without losing the ball. I like to post my pg when I have that advantage so It really helps there.

Besides that like I said the auto post up seems much easier to get into now as well. I like having both
cool, thanks.

# 76 Kevin26385 @ 10/26/09 12:45 PM
Anyone notice they took out the lebron intro? Finally!!

# 77 WTF @ 10/26/09 12:46 PM
They took out the awkward LBJ and D12 hug? lol

# 78 ExtremeGamer @ 10/26/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Anyone notice they took out the lebron intro? Finally!!
Took it out? You mean him walking on the hangar court or him doing the powder?

# 79 Kevin26385 @ 10/26/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They took out the awkward LBJ and D12 hug? lol
Yes...It just went straight to the hanger after the start menu

# 80 Mintsa @ 10/26/09 12:50 PM
Anymore of you 360 guys play online yet ???

What's that step back 3 saying now ???

A couple of people have said that it's still the same ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.