Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just plugged in NBA Live 10 and received the patch. What's in the patch you ask? Read all about it, right here.

Make sure you post your impressions here.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bootzilla @ 10/26/09 02:17 PM
I never adjusted my sliders back to default but, I think my fouls are spot on. Just completed a game with New Orleans(cpu) vs San Antonio and we shot 27 and 24 free throws respectively. So now teams aren't getting 110 shot attempts on 12 min. qtrs. 89 and 78 are right in line with realistic stats.

And for those who say you miss more open 3's than contested 3's. Umm no. Down 1 with a few seconds left I freed up Ginobili for an open 3. Splash!!! Also dropped them with Mason, RJ, and Bonner.

Can't wait for the season.

# 102 Bootzilla @ 10/26/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Damn...I guess I will buy 2k10. I really liked Live 09, but I dont play online. I cant understand paying $60.00 for a game that is just an online game.

If the dynasty stats are broken then only charge $30.00 for the game, because IMO thats what your getting....a half a game.
You don't have to play online to play a dynamic season. The stat engine ain't gonna get no more real than that. 100% authentic.

# 103 Bootzilla @ 10/26/09 02:25 PM
One thing I did notice is that when I try to icon pass out of the post or out of a double team my offensive player acts like he's trying to spin out of the post up and commits offensive fouls.Tim Duncan had two of those for me and fouled out on the second one.

# 104 sportskid84 @ 10/26/09 02:28 PM
did this fix the instant replay issue?

# 105 Stumbleweed @ 10/26/09 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
did this fix the instant replay issue?
The replay issue was mentioned on the fix list, yes.

# 106 bigball12 @ 10/26/09 02:32 PM
Why was quick subs in team play not patched in? It really stinks to have to ruin the flow of the game by pausing for a whole 30 sec. and putting the subs you want in. Why cant the PG just have control of the subs, and press up on the d-pad like 1 v. 1 games? This was really overlooked!

# 107 Nomah5 @ 10/26/09 02:34 PM
what was the instant replay issue? Only issue I felt there was the lack of replays unless on a foul call.

I wish they could have patched in the slowing of the end of quarter stats screen. It is gone before one can read all the stats!

# 108 stizz @ 10/26/09 02:37 PM
I think I've found the first bug created by the patch. The free throw bar is still there even after I've taken my free throws. I hope this is just a one off thing.

# 109 mikenoob @ 10/26/09 02:40 PM
Aww dang.. I got excited for the patch and booted up Live and noticed I did not recieve a prompt to download it. I went back on the forums just to see the statement in parentheses!

# 110 BBallGuru @ 10/26/09 02:41 PM
Just finished my first game with the patch (12 min. Qs & SupeStar difficulty). I'm really impressed with the patch; not only does it make the game play & look more realistic, it also makes it more challenging. It's like learning the game over again, which passes you're able to get through, which shots will go and won't, etc. Some of my observations.

- If you're in the vicinity of your defender and are going for a lay-up/dunk, it will more than likely be blocked, and without a goaltending call.

- Blocks no longer go in the opposite direction

- When taking control of a big on the break and sprinting with him to throw the lead pass for a lay-up, more often than not a bounce pass will be thrown and intercepted or deflected

- More steals/deflections on passes (both CPU and user)

- More fouls called (both CPU and user)

- CPU is much more aggressive, and also seems to play smarter

- Tougher to hit open shots, even for the CPU

- Post up animations both look and feel more realistic. You're able to feel your defender leaning on you, and when you're backing him down. You won't just slowly back him down anymore, either, he can bump you and there will be some space created

- No stupid turn around hanging jumpshots

- Seems as though you don't have to time your jump for rebounds as much. Now, if you have inside position but click to early/late, you'll probably still end up with it

- Your score will turn out lower than you're used to

Some stats from my game:

Final score: 120 (DEN) - 112 (GSW) (I usually score at the very least 130, and I'd say my average margin of victory is 25 points. Last time I played GSW, I blew them out by 30+ while starting the game on a 21-0 run)

FG %: 46.4% (DEN) - 40% (GSW)

Assists: 23 (DEN) - 19 (GSW)
- Prior to the patch, I'd usually dish out close to 20 assists with Billups alone

Blocks: 8 (DEN) - 17 (GSW)
- You'll definitely have to get used to deciding when it's a good time for a dunk or lay-up

Steals: 4 (DEN) - 5 (GSW)

Turnovers: 27 (DEN) - 17 (GSW)
- I always take care of the ball, but like I said at the beginning, it's like learning a new game. I look for this number to come down a lot by the end of today, as I play more and become more familiar with what I can and cannot do

Fouls: 15 (DEN) - 12 (GSW)

Fast Break Points: 6 (DEN) - 4 (GSW)
- I'd been great with running the break, usually finishing without ~20 FB points, but it's much tougher now with passes being deflected regularly by the CPU.

# 111 jrose57 @ 10/26/09 02:41 PM
when should ps3 users get the patch, why are we always a step slower?

# 112 Tha_Kid @ 10/26/09 02:42 PM
What are the impressions of the perimeter defense? You can pressure the ballhandler now, sizeup steals aren't canned anymore, there should be less moments where you feel your man just slipped off you and challenging shots has been tightened (press Y to block, tap Y to challenge). Has anyone noticed these?

# 113 videobastard @ 10/26/09 02:47 PM
I put everything back to default on allstar difficulty.

The things i noticed:
Gamespeed seemed faster
More fouls called
CPU not going for the pump fakes like before
Big men being able to dribble longer without steals
The assist button can be used closer to ball handler now

The things i appreciated!
Manual post up
Subs working while at the free throw line
Manual subs staying manual

The CPU still beat me when i played them but i actually felt like i had a chance to win. I will try some more games later.

# 114 jrose57 @ 10/26/09 02:56 PM
if we play 5 mins quarter, DO WE GET TIRED???

# 115 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 02:56 PM
cpu pick and roll defense is much improved as far as cpu defender getting below or around the screen quickly

# 116 23 @ 10/26/09 03:00 PM
Thanks to all of you guys posting the things you do see

# 117 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 03:25 PM
I am seeing more intelligence on who to leave for the double team now and controllable runners are adding a LOT to my individual offensive game.

Player controls have been adjusted also I am not sure how but one instance I notice it is when the defense bumps you back its not as strong as before. I used to use that momentum into a step back jumper but its different somehow. Hard to explain but the controls feel looser to an extent.

Have also noticed its much harder to stand up the cpu player on offense when he has a head of steam.

# 118 Bornindamecca @ 10/26/09 03:33 PM
How is the loose ball logic?

Previously, on most loose ball possessions, my teammates(and sometimes the CPU) would be oblivious to the loose ball, and watch it or walk casually towards it. Has this been addressed at all?

# 119 RayDog253 @ 10/26/09 03:37 PM
Is it just me or are players darker in the Hangar?
The looser net looks a lot better, especially on dunks.

# 120 23 @ 10/26/09 03:46 PM
rock there is a sticky with all of this already right under this thread man, lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.