Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just plugged in NBA Live 10 and received the patch. What's in the patch you ask? Read all about it, right here.

Make sure you post your impressions here.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bls @ 10/26/09 04:56 PM
Decided to give it another shot, of course my opponent was the Nuggets.

Thought the 3's were fixed, gotta take it back. Billups, Smith, Anthony still cash from beyond the 3.

Don't understand how you guys can add rim stuffs, which I won't even complain about, I'm missing more of my alley's now but it's all good. Adds to the realism of the game so I can't complain.

But why make it so easy to hit a shot 23ft or beyond from the rim??? Can we get 3pt misses as well. No way in real life do these 3 or anybody else for that matter hit at the rate they do in this game, especially with good defense. It's just not possible.

Where did the logic you guys had in Live 09 go and why did you change it?

# 142 Pared @ 10/26/09 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I think a few of us asked quite a few times already, why is PS3 late again with everything, and when we get it.
No one answered you because it's already been posted.

Later this week. Please stop asking.

# 143 BBallGuru @ 10/26/09 04:57 PM
Quick video I made to highlight a couple of changes in gameplay due to the patch:

Quote:
- Fixed ball physics for blocked layups/dunks. There was a mirroring issue that was causing the ball to shoot off in the complete opposite direction of its intended path.
- Enabled rim stuffs. Now when you try to dunk in traffic, there's a chance you'll brick the dunk.

# 144 pezone @ 10/26/09 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
pezone,

We know my man. We're looking into it. You're not letting us off the hook dude, no worries.
Thank you stephen!!..

thats all I wanted man, just a confirmation that it is at least being looked at.....and I'm sure a lot of people were wondering this too....

again, Thanks!!! And keep up the good work!!!

# 145 Teddy_Long @ 10/26/09 04:58 PM
pared, anyone posted about whether a posting up option is in this patch and if so, which button is it?

# 146 Tha_Kid @ 10/26/09 05:00 PM
Its the first thing posted. Click the RS to toggle the back down.

# 147 mikenoob @ 10/26/09 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
pared, anyone posted about whether a posting up option is in this patch and if so, which button is it?
- Backdown button is back. Enabled right thumbstick click to toggle between face up and backdown postures.

# 148 videobastard @ 10/26/09 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezone
so nothing on online fatigue??.....

MAJOR FAIL!!!!!!
There is online fatigue for unranked games. Just make sure its set to on. Ranked games are set to off. They must have forgot to switch it back to on.

# 149 mikenoob @ 10/26/09 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
There is online fatigue for unranked games. Just make sure its set to on. Ranked games are set to off. They must have forgot to switch it back to on.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Ranked games are set to on and you have to set it to off for fatigue to actually work. I think Beluba posted about this.

# 150 mikenoob @ 10/26/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"We didn't update DNA till the season started. The data you're getting has flaws in it b/c we're working out the issues that happen at the start of the season. When the season starts, you'll be getting the most accurate data possible."

It's not the data. If I load a replay game in which Kobe scored 40+ (Lakers as my CPU opponent,) Fisher still scores 30+. Double team Fisher, triple team him, play tight D, try zones, he still drives and pulls up and scores a lot. Leave Kobe wide open, play locked on SG and move away from him every time, he still doesn't take over games.

The descriptions of DNA gave the impression that in a replay game in which Kobe scored 40+ it's him that should be torching me, he should be the guy I can't stop no matter what D is tried. But that's not happening.

What is limiting guys like Kobe, the superstars, even in replay games where they put up 40 or 50 points, from taking the ball and scoring? Why is Fisher such a beast?
You're allowing him to drive in and take the shots.. If you loosen up, he won't be so aggressive.

# 151 videobastard @ 10/26/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Ranked games are set to on and you have to set it to off for fatigue to actually work. I think Beluba posted about this.
Ok i thought with the patch that on would really mean on this time lol. I can see ranked games are set to off before you create a session. Did not notice any starters being subbed or players getting tired for ranked games. But i did notice players getting tired in unranked games set to on.

# 152 mikenoob @ 10/26/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"You're allowing him to drive in and take the shots.. If you loosen up, he won't be so aggressive."

If I leave the CPU on Fisher, he scores. He'll take threes if he's left a little room. If I guard him close, he scores. If he's double teamed, he scores.

I'll try a game focused on playing off Fisher a little, but I doubt that will make Kobe more aggressive.
You can't let the CPU defend other players. You have to manually contest it. I had that problem and still do. I was just used to playing with 1 position on defense without using player lock and let the CPU contest other shots. I found out just quickly switch players and tap Y/Triangle. You will at least put a hand up if they decide to shoot right away, but if they don't you can still recover as you didn't jump for the block.

@VideoBastard: Ahh, I did not know the patch addressed the fatigue problem, my mistake. It was like that pre patch.

# 153 bls @ 10/26/09 05:11 PM
Subs work now, gotta take it off of auto and put it on manual. So guys aren't subbed right back in after you take them out.

Played a guy just now, he's using the Rockets. Has A.Brooks I'm up on him, have my elbow up against his back as he has his back turned turns around and shots a 3 all in one motion hand all in his face.........CASH!!!!!

Put some albino dude in the game I don't know who he is but he was pulling up with him, Cash!!!!!

I've never in my life seen so many people so comfortable behind the 3pt line with no regard to having ANY type of skill at all since "Double Dribble"

One more chance for me. I'm done until the DNA update, if that doesn't fix things it's a trade in for me. Such a great game but this flaw right here is really a game killer.

# 154 jsquigg @ 10/26/09 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Decided to give it another shot, of course my opponent was the Nuggets.

Thought the 3's were fixed, gotta take it back. Billups, Smith, Anthony still cash from beyond the 3.

Don't understand how you guys can add rim stuffs, which I won't even complain about, I'm missing more of my alley's now but it's all good. Adds to the realism of the game so I can't complain.

But why make it so easy to hit a shot 23ft or beyond from the rim??? Can we get 3pt misses as well. No way in real life do these 3 or anybody else for that matter hit at the rate they do in this game, especially with good defense. It's just not possible.

Where did the logic you guys had in Live 09 go and why did you change it?
Guess what, all those players you mentioned are deadly from three point land in real life. It's hard to gauge these gripes without video or statistical evidence. Some people have posted shooting numbers complaining about it when the percentage isn't that far off from real life numbers. Without video evidence to see how someone plays, how can people still gripe about this? Whenever someone starts jacking threes on me I trap that player as soon as he touches the rock as well as playing off ball denial defense.
Not trying to say this wasn't an issue before, but I have found more than manageable counters to this style of play.

# 155 carnalnirvana @ 10/26/09 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Subs work now, gotta take it off of auto and put it on manual. So guys aren't subbed right back in after you take them out.

Played a guy just now, he's using the Rockets. Has A.Brooks I'm up on him, have my elbow up against his back as he has his back turned turns around and shots a 3 all in one motion hand all in his face.........CASH!!!!!

Put some albino dude in the game I don't know who he is but he was pulling up with him, Cash!!!!!

I've never in my life seen so many people so comfortable behind the 3pt line with no regard to having ANY type of skill at all since "Double Dribble"

One more chance for me. I'm done until the DNA update, if that doesn't fix things it's a trade in for me. Such a great game but this flaw right here is really a game killer.
i dont think its the dna, IMO its the shooting mechanic i have mastered the entire bulls team and last night i went 13-17 against a dude, now i never play online this was done as a test...

ya'll wanted timed releases welcome to hell, i remember this from 2k7 playing my boy when they used the mavs kidd was 5-5 then he would use the heat wade would hit 3's now anybody knows in 2007 wade had NO jumper

i have hit 3's with duncan multiple times, to play online you have to be a hardcore junkie of the game aka cheeser, casual realistic playing will get you a loss.....

i have edited the dna success to all 0 and still hit shots offline with ease thats not the problem.

# 156 EWRMETS @ 10/26/09 05:29 PM
I don't believe the people posting insane shooting numbers with the likes of Tim Duncan. When any reputable poster has posted stats, they haven't been far off reality.

# 157 The 24th Letter @ 10/26/09 05:34 PM
is going around pics really a chore now? That was part of the games charm man.....

# 158 carnalnirvana @ 10/26/09 05:40 PM
the issue IMO does not need a patch, different people have different skill levels, some know the game animations better than others....

this dude that has issues is upset because he cant drain shots on cats when he is contested thats not an issue for an update...

get better and better and better and you will make more shots too, no one is using edited rosters some people are better at getting " perfect releases"

i for example cannot shoot with ray allen but i can get hit 1 or 2 with rondo, its just me not getting the release right.

and if you feel the % are too high then you can use that to your advantage as well, pick a team with better shooters and see how you do, i have seen guys hit 5 3pters in the nba who are terrible from the 3...

if they made it absolute then the complaint would be the game is scripted where guys can never peform beyond his abilities.

# 159 staffan @ 10/26/09 05:51 PM
Tried 2 gamed after the patch.
In Dynasty.
Both freezed in the first quarter.
Never had freeze problem before.

Anybody with the same problem?
Do we need to restart Dynasty?

# 160 bls @ 10/26/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Guess what, all those players you mentioned are deadly from three point land in real life. It's hard to gauge these gripes without video or statistical evidence. Some people have posted shooting numbers complaining about it when the percentage isn't that far off from real life numbers. Without video evidence to see how someone plays, how can people still gripe about this? Whenever someone starts jacking threes on me I trap that player as soon as he touches the rock as well as playing off ball denial defense.
Not trying to say this wasn't an issue before, but I have found more than manageable counters to this style of play.
Listen, it's unrealistic I don't care what anybody says. Yeah those players can hit 3's but go pull up some stats from nba.com where you've saw players shooting 16/25 from the 3 on a consistent basis.

I've never saw anything like this in Live 09 either. I should not have to trap Nelson, Mo Will or any of those players, they are not trap worthy. Takes away from the realism of the game. You post up some footage of these guys getting trapped like a Lebron or Kobe would and I'll retract my statements.

You want stats, I'll give you that. I'll play a couple more games and post up my stats and let everyone see what it is. I've done it before, no problem doing it again.

This game is ran off of stats, In real life theirs no percentages or stats out their on the court, only on paper. I've yet to see Nelson shoot a terrible % especially when you play those guys that take 25 or better attempts with him from beyond the 3pt line.

If Nelson was to take 38 3pt attempts in a real game best believe his % would be in the 20's a majority of the time. But in this game you don't have to worry about that cause %'s play the game, so if you have a 3pt shooter you'll always be in the game.

Wide open, I'll give them that, sure % should be good for those, but if I'm contesting every shot %'s should be really low. And these guys hit far too many contested 3's. If plays were ran and they got them open that would be understandable, but to just come down and fire up 3's all game long with people in your face is another thing. And to add to the fact that fatigue doesn't play a part in any of this. They need fatigue and they also need to add late game 3pt %'s as well because during the course of a game shooters lose lift off of their jump shots from fatigue.

If they would just revert back to how things were in Live 09 this game would be great. Nobody including myself mentioned anything about 3pters last year so why the problem this year????????????????????????????????????????????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.