Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Check out the feature list for NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
  • Play in the Spotlight—Authentic broadcasting presentations from the all-star announcing crews of Dick Vitale, Brad Nessler, and Erin Andrews of ESPN, and Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery of CBS Sports bring every moment to life like never before.
  • All-New Motion Offenses—Choosing from multiple sets that include the Dribble Drive, Princeton, Flex and more, run an offensive system that best fits your school’s strategy and personnel.
  • True Home Court Advantage—NCAA Basketball 10 features the 20 Toughest Places to Play voted by you, the fans, as the most hostile and intimidating environments in college basketball.
  • All-New Dynamic Updates*—Enjoy a true-to-life college basketball experience as real-life RPI ratings and stats from every Division I school are imported in-game weekly—absolutely free!
  • Gameplay and Visual Enhancements—Make a run for the Final Four with more than 100 improvements, including player movement, rebounding, off-ball collisions, alley-oops, size-ups, and more.
  • Deeper In-Game Strategy— Improved Coach Feedback System and Team Tempo Control enables you to execute your gameplan to perfection.

*Online connectivity required.

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 KG @ 10/27/09 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I don't get it... the OS community routinely rips EA Sports for concentrating too heavily on "back of the box" fluff that doesn't really do much for the sim gamer, yet when the features list comes out and there isn't any "cool" features, they get crap for that too?

Maybe they shunned adding a bunch of new features and modes and instead concentrated all their efforts on improving gamplay and dynasty mode. Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic today, I guess we'll find out soon as more info comes out.
People are assuming it will play like Live which will take of some gameplay concerns. The majority of us are curious about what's under the dynasty-hood. If it's like last year than a lot of us will be upset.

# 22 Drocks @ 10/27/09 01:30 PM
If you really think about it though, wouldn't a lackluster "feature" list bode well for those who are more concerned about Dynasty? Perhaps they spent time fixing it rather than wasting time messing with a new "feature" to sell.

I will await more info from the team before I pass any judgments based on some back of the box list of features.

# 23 whittleboy615 @ 10/27/09 02:50 PM
Other than missing info about an improved Dynasty Mode, the feature list looks great to me. Improved gameplay and authentic TV presentation will be enough to keep my attention through CBB season. I would never use a Campus Legend mode, and I don't have time for online dynasties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
All-New Dynamic Updates*—Enjoy a true-to-life college basketball experience as real-life RPI ratings and stats from every Division I school are imported in-game weekly—absolutely free!

I wonder what this is all about? I guess it will just effect Team Ratings and not individual rosters. That would stink naming all 300 plus teams only for them to release updated rosters with numbers for players.

Just a thought
I'm guessing that it won't affect player appearances or names. That would be the only sensible way to implement a feature like this since player likenesses are not allowed.

It sounds like it will just be a big presentation bonus to display real team stats and rankings in Play Now. Hopefully, they have some way of assigning personal stats to individual players too though without messing up names or appearances. If that's the case, this feature is awesome. Editable or auto-updated Top 25 rankings were on a several wishlists too, including my own.

# 24 Thrash13 @ 10/27/09 03:24 PM
I don't think people are realizing just how awesome the presentation is going to be this year. That's going to add a ton to the game. Last year's gameplay was a huge improvement, and if they just tweaked it a little, that's perfect. It seems to me they worked on the small things for this year's game, and that's good for me. I could care less about a ton of crazy new features because most of those end up being faulty the first year or two anyway.

I have a good feeling about this game. If they just tweaked a few dynasty concerns, this one could end up being a solid game.

# 25 crques @ 10/27/09 03:53 PM
I'm curious to know how many teams are on this year's game and if there are incomplete conferences like some of them were last year (I believe the Summit only had 4 teams). I'm also wondering if and how recruiting has been changed and if the customizable schedule has been altered so that you can choose any opponent and not have them decline to play you. Those items, coupled with a better sim engine and more logical rankings are the meat and potatoes of this game that I'm worried about. I could care less about this "dynamic updates" they mention.

# 26 duke776 @ 10/27/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
People are assuming it will play like Live which will take of some gameplay concerns. The majority of us are curious about what's under the dynasty-hood. If it's like last year than a lot of us will be upset.
Yup, that's what I'm waiting for to decide if I buy or not. I had a pretty good time with last years game, but didn't play it to long because of the dynasty. I'm going to rent it this year for sure, and if at least the recruiting is fixed I'll end up buying it because I can deal with a decent dynasty mode if the game plays good.

Also, I'm with CB. I wouldn't judge a game off an EB games feature list.

# 27 Buckeyes_Doc @ 10/27/09 06:42 PM
LMAO at people bashing EA for not giving us info, then we get some info and they still complain and say this game is not worth 60.00. How do you know that? You can't know how bad/good a game is til you played it. Or at least read reviews on it.

This list of features didn't do much for me, because we already know the biggest new features. Presentation, and motion offense.

All I'm waiting for is dynasty info. The rest is just fluff to me.

# 28 Buckeyes_Doc @ 10/27/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Jab has stated that sim logic is fixed
And he also said almost 2 weeks ago he would post sim results for us, and has yet to do that. That makes me think when he did sim he saw bad results and didn't want to post them, because he said he would post them the next day.

# 29 nccomicfan @ 10/27/09 07:25 PM
I actually like this feature list, I am not sure what the big deal is here

The weekly update thing for a college title is phenomenal imho

# 30 Buckeyes_Doc @ 10/27/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
I actually like this feature list, I am not sure what the big deal is here

The weekly update thing for a college title is phenomenal imho
After reading that again it said, for every division 1 school.

So I hope that means they have all schools in the game and complete conferences.

# 31 HiJumpr111 @ 10/27/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
After reading that again it said, for every division 1 school.

So I hope that means they have all schools in the game and complete conferences.
This alone could keep an EA programmer busy for 12-hour work days 6-days a week!

# 32 gdav125 @ 10/27/09 10:43 PM
Its not that we are all upset to get no info, then not satisfied with the info we do get. Its that the NCAA BB gaming community has been asking specifically for Dynasty/sim improvements year after year and don't get them. Everyone is excited about new presentation, player models, game engine, playcalling, etc. But the main concern/want for what seems like 80% of the fans, is an improved Dynasty. I think almost all would agree: Accurate, lifelike Dynasty simming results and recruiting will provide the most longevity for this title.

# 33 DustinT @ 10/28/09 01:17 AM
If you are finally getting what you wanted in telecast intergration but are still bitching about this game, then get out of this forum.

I for one am actually excites for this title, mainly because of the telecasts. If it is a gimmick then it sure is a good one.

You people are spoiled. Every year you complain about dropping $60 on a game then start ranting about how EA will never get another dime out of you. I know they can do a better job, but please leave this forum with you're bitching and let us people who want the game have some healthy conversation.

With all that aside the list is weak. last years dynasty was a letdown but I still played. I just haope we don't see a #5 rated Duke with a 12-16 record.

# 34 whittleboy615 @ 10/28/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJumpr111
This alone could keep an EA programmer busy for 12-hour work days 6-days a week!
They probably have some kind of automated system linked to ESPN.com that does the statistical data entry. I seriously doubt any developer is going to manually enter updated stats every week.

# 35 addio @ 10/28/09 03:01 AM
Enough with EA trying to make a good NCAA Basketball game. Their college basketball games will never be close to as good as 2K Sports' were. I bought last year's NCAA Basketball and it was awful...I still play 2K8 because the gameplay and dynasty are far better than anything EA will develop in the next five years at least. I can safely say this year will be no different, and EA will continue to rip us off and make a mediocre game because they know they have no other competition when it comes to college basketball games.

# 36 crques @ 10/28/09 08:35 AM
All-New Dynamic Updates*—Enjoy a true-to-life college basketball experience as real-life RPI ratings and stats from every Division I school are imported in-game weekly—absolutely free!

Any chance that this actually doesn't tie into gameplay at all, since technically they aren't allowed to make the actual NCAA players on the game (even though we know who they are supposed to be)? I guess what I'm wondering is if this feature will just be something you can view and not really use in any way, the same as if you went to ESPN's website and viewed stats, RPI ratings, and so forth.

# 37 countryboy @ 10/28/09 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by addio
Enough with EA trying to make a good NCAA Basketball game. Their college basketball games will never be close to as good as 2K Sports' were. I bought last year's NCAA Basketball and it was awful...I still play 2K8 because the gameplay and dynasty are far better than anything EA will develop in the next five years at least. I can safely say this year will be no different, and EA will continue to rip us off and make a mediocre game because they know they have no other competition when it comes to college basketball games.
Since you can see into the future, can I have this week's winning lottery numbers? I could use a couple million dollars.

# 38 crques @ 10/28/09 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Since you can see into the future, can I have this week's winning lottery numbers? I could use a couple million dollars.
I won't be greedy and ask for a couple million, but I would like to know if he could give me 5 college plays for my parlay this week and let me know if my Mountaineers are going to win Friday night so I'll know whether to watch the game or not.

# 39 addio @ 10/28/09 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I won't be greedy and ask for a couple million, but I would like to know if he could give me 5 college plays for my parlay this week and let me know if my Mountaineers are going to win Friday night so I'll know whether to watch the game or not.
LOL I wish I could tell you the lottery numbers and if your Mountaineers are going to win!

But in all seriousness, unless EA did a complete makeover from last years game, I don't expect this year's to be much different.

# 40 HustlinOwl @ 10/28/09 12:57 PM
lol look at Live 09 compared to Live 10 enough said

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.