Home
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 News Post

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 28, 2009-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that it has been notified by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (“WWE”) that the WWE has extended the renewal notice deadline for the videogame license held by the joint venture between THQ and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. to December 31, 2009. The renewal would extend the license through December 31, 2014.

THQ noted that WWE's action provides the company with increased flexibility with respect to the renewal of the videogame license.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 TimmeH @ 10/28/09 12:17 PM
Up until a couple years ago, I really wanted THQ to drop the license and let someone else have a shot. But the last two years have been pretty good. So far I'm really impressed with this year's game. At this point, if they'd just fix the screwy AI, I'd call it the best WWE game yet

# 2 Jukeman @ 10/28/09 12:39 PM
THQ was the only company who did wrestling right for US games....I rather have them than Midway, EA or Acclaim(dont exist anymore right?)

# 3 JkA3 @ 10/28/09 02:01 PM
THQ is on the up and up. Especially with UFC.

# 4 areobee401 @ 10/28/09 02:32 PM
Wanted to see EA get a shot at making a WWE game. Granted the WCW games they made were nothing special. But with the UFC game by THQ gaining steam I think they would step it up a notch.

# 5 Jukeman @ 10/28/09 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JkA3
THQ is on the up and up. Especially with UFC.
I dont see how when UFC suffers from the same things SvR suffers from...Both are pretty good looking games but gameplay is flawed...

# 6 DTX3 @ 10/28/09 03:57 PM
I thought THQ was going bankrupt? Still waiting for a good price for the newest game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.