Home
News Post

EA REVEALS DECEMBER DLC PACK FOR FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4,
ANNOUNCES PRICE REDUCTION AT RETAIL

Holyfield, Liston, Hopkins and Two New Game Modes Headline Pack

November 2, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that it will be releasing a new Downloadable Content (DLC) pack for Fight Night Round 4 in early December for both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation®3. The DLC pack retails for 800 MS Points and $9.99 on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and the PlayStation®Network, respectively. Named the Game Critic Awards “Best Sports Game of E3 2009”, Fight Night Round 4 has been winning over reviewers since its release on June 23rd with its realistic graphics and genre defining physics-based boxing engine.

In addition to including Bernard Hopkins, Sonny Liston and Evander Holyfield as playable boxers, the DLC pack will also include two all-new game modes. The first, Old School Rules brings a new take to the traditional boxing experience, while the second, Ring Rivalries, allows you to re-create some of the greatest match ups in boxing history.

EA SPORTS™ also announced today that they have reduced the suggested retail price on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Fight Night Round 4 to $39.99 in North America.

Fight Night Round 4 is currently available for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft. This game has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB, and 16+ by PEGI. For more information, log onto http://fightnight.easports.com.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 acarrero @ 11/05/09 02:10 AM
I'm glad they lowered the price and especially psyched about the new DLC and boxers. I've been saying that this is the best sports game of 2009, and with the fixes and the lower price, I think it will grow stronger in support and be more of a hit for EA. It's the freshest sports game EA has released in a while, and I would like to see them rewarded for the effort. Boxing is not as popular as football or basketball, but this game is as good as any sports game out there.

# 42 JayBee74 @ 11/06/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I love how we can finally edit the licensed boxers.
That's huge for me.

I'm also interested in finding out what these 'old school' rules are about.
I wonder if we won't have to go to a neutral corner after a knockdown?
Then I can pull a Dempsey and continue to hammer on my downed opponent the minute he stands up.

Jess Willard Damage Inventory:
  1. Broken Ribs
  2. Several Teeth Knocked Out
  3. Broken Cheekbone
  4. Broken Jaw
  5. Partial Hearing Loss In One Ear

# 43 65South @ 11/07/09 12:10 PM
THANK YOU !!!!!

Screw waiting on a Madden update, this just might be the greatest gaming news for me...ever!!! I loved this game. Told all my friends and anybody that would listen how great it was, but like so many other people I was turned off by the ridiculous online portion and it's sat on my shelf for months. If this update works as it's designed, other games are gonna have to rent space in my 360!!

# 44 65South @ 11/07/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
regardless of the negativity, I'm super looking forward to getting back into this!
The description on those fixes has me drooling.
Amen brother!! I'm so freaking ecstatic!!

# 45 CWood2 @ 11/07/09 01:42 PM
Gotta get Pretty Boy Floyd ... dude just sold a million PPVs!!!

# 46 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/07/09 01:47 PM
I just threw in Fight Night and guess what I was prompted with?

I think EA is trying to mess with me. I clicked download now but nothing happens. I don't know if they're just testing or something, but I want this **** right now! Has anyone been able to successfully download it? I'm assuming that "Null" means probably not. I can't wait to see how these built in tournaments work...

# 47 LingeringRegime @ 11/07/09 02:35 PM
Glad that I still have this game. I almost traded it in the other day.

# 48 DaveDQ @ 11/07/09 04:59 PM
I sort of understand incresing spam for moving back and forth real quick. Once spammers realize that punching in succession is hitting the stamina hard, they are going to run off and recover. They do this now. I think the two go hand in hand.

I'm very excited about the title update. However, I was excited about the first. BUT, this one deals with much of the issues that plague online. Looking forward to it.

# 49 Chef Matt @ 11/07/09 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I sort of understand incresing spam for moving back and forth real quick. Once spammers realize that punching in succession is hitting the stamina hard, they are going to run off and recover. They do this now. I think the two go hand in hand.

I'm very excited about the title update. However, I was excited about the first. BUT, this one deals with much of the issues that plague online. Looking forward to it.
I was too, hopefully this one puts the ish to rest. Man I'm keepin my fingers crossed they nail this one.

# 50 65South @ 11/09/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Its selling on Ebay for even less Brand new and with all the changes I may pick it up again very soonFun game but it wrecked 2 of my controllers that I sold on ebay as is and still got $44 and $36 ?
MAN THAT WAS YOU!!?

j/k bro!!

# 51 Chef Matt @ 11/09/09 12:46 PM
Quote:
Its selling on Ebay for even less Brand new and with all the changes I may pick it up again very soonFun game but it wrecked 2 of my controllers that I sold on ebay as is and still got $44 and $36 ?
Did it impact your feedback? If not it's all good. LOL

# 52 Chef Matt @ 11/09/09 01:17 PM
Quote:
Laugh all you want but I bought FNR4 for $49 sold it for $49 2 months later and will rebuy it for $20 .
Which will save me $45 on a game I wasnt playing anyways .
I apply these tactics in all my monies strategies and thats how I retired at 37 .
I make EVERY penny work and Im not obsessed by it but $$$ = FREEDOM
Its not always how much you make its what you do with it

Brilliant. And that last line is good sig material!

# 53 65South @ 11/09/09 01:22 PM
Quote:
Laugh all you want but I bought FNR4 for $49 sold it for $49 2 months later and will rebuy it for $20 .
Which will save me $45 on a game I wasnt playing anyways .
I apply these tactics in all my monies strategies and thats how I retired at 37 .
I make EVERY penny work and Im not obsessed by it but $$$ = FREEDOM
Its not always how much you make its what you do with it
Wasn't laughing at you, just giving you a hard time because I wish I would have pulled that off. It was an excellent move and I thought it was a hell of a business deal. BTW, I wouldn't mind chatting with you about your business acumen if you don't mind.

# 54 Chef Matt @ 11/09/09 02:47 PM
Quote:
Im no finnacal wiz crap im too lazy to even spell it correctly.
Christ I never made over $55,000 a year but I managed every penny dont get me wrong I always bought what I wanted new goalie gear every year and sold the old ones for basically a switch prices do to alot of lazy people out there .
Just like the controller if they took their time like me they would have found a buy new one like I did for $35 I was amazed ?
But I didnt buy stupid things like $8 coffee at Starbucks 7 days a week .
The only thing I cant get around is health insurance lol.
I have a few tricks but most are common sense do I really need that ?
Makes me sick so much waste its seems the more people make the more they spend on things they dont need and this whole generation passed this on to their kids ( nobody works or saves for anything anymore just instant gratifacation.
You see I was doing what people are now forced to do now 24 years ago live within your means and if possible make your money while your young and you gotta keep up with the Gov taxes changes and now they wanna try and find and Tax US investers overseas accounts cant believe they havent taxed the internet sales yet ?
Funny story when I bought my first Townhome they said I couldnt apply for a loan but I had $144,000 in cash ,CDs.
Them you have no credit cards, no ? my brother in debt from school had 3 cards 75,000 debt had better credit.
Them how did you buy your car , me cash , how did you do this ,Cash .
So I said get lost and bought the place cash .
Its amazing how companies do anything to get your money ,
Now reverse mortage and now layaway plans
Bottom line is if I dont have the $$$ I dont buy it and remember nobody should care more about your finances ect than YOU nothings ever easy so count on yourself not other people , take the time and learn , never had to call a repairman in my life.
Slow and steady for me , I never wanted too rule the world or be greedy just happy .
Dont wanna sidetrack the thread anymore, sorry OP
On that note; The new DLC and Patch are lookin pretty hot for FNR4!!

LOL

# 55 BezO @ 11/09/09 04:46 PM
Danm! Now I have to count on someone not knowing about the price drop to sell this for a decent price.

# 56 cable guy @ 11/10/09 05:10 PM
Can not wait to have Holyfield vs Tyson now!

# 57 Jukeman @ 11/15/09 11:43 AM
Now If they would take out that auto jab from counter BS(both hum and cpu)

Fix the crazy win-lose-draw records for the boxers in legacy mode...

I would be in boxing heaven!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.