Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Dewiel, over at the EA Sports Forums, has just announced the next Madden NFL 10 roster update won't be released until November 20th.

Quote:
"The next roster update for Madden NFL 10 will be coming on Friday, November 20, 2009. With the extended NFL action that will occur over the next few weeks, expect a larger amount of changes in the next update. As always, continue to post you feedback and thoughts here in the forums, and don’t forget to post your Top Increases/Decreases in your team’s thread."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CardsFan52 @ 11/03/09 01:06 PM
So almost a month of waiting and by then we still wont have patch #2

# 2 yankeesgiants @ 11/03/09 02:05 PM
The once a week thing was overkill. Once a month like they use to do makes more sense.

# 3 lilgame06 @ 11/03/09 02:46 PM
how is once a week overkill...thats how it should be. i should be playing my roster as it will be for the coming sunday.

nba 2k10 updates its rosters daily...now i know they play way more games than in the nfl...but i mean seriously, if one update every friday is overkill then maybe the wrong people are developing this game.

# 4 yankeesgiants @ 11/03/09 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
how is once a week overkill...thats how it should be. i should be playing my roster as it will be for the coming sunday.

nba 2k10 updates its rosters daily...now i know they play way more games than in the nfl...but i mean seriously, if one update every friday is overkill then maybe the wrong people are developing this game.
NBA has 450 players
NFL has 1760 players

With hoops, it not as complex, it much more clear cut. Not many guys are going to sneak up you like Wilson Chandler did last year.

With football how are you grading 1760 players in 3 days? dont forget the rosters are set on Wednesday and released on Friday. Answer is you cant.

# 5 BroMontana82 @ 11/03/09 05:41 PM
i'd rather have the patch anyways

# 6 marcoyk @ 11/03/09 07:26 PM
I wish we'd get one sooner... but I understand where they're coming from. I'm sure it's a lot of work.

# 7 PrettyT11 @ 11/04/09 10:56 AM
Quote:

NBA 2K10 does not update thier rosters every day. Thier last roster update was released on October 28th.

# 8 RGiles36 @ 11/04/09 12:04 PM
I also agree that once-a-week is overkill. I truly do. However, I must say that I'm not an online gamer at all really.

But I guess I feel like does 1-2 games of production warrant an increase? For example, if Sam Hurd (Cowboys WR) goes off and scores 3 TDs in a game, does that justify boosting his rating? Is it impossible to score 3 TDs with whatever his original rating is?

I'm sure this would be unfavorable among many, but I wouldn't mind if we only saw increases/decreases when players are rated significantly better or worse that their videogame counterpart (maybe like Elvis Dumervil or whatever his name is). 1-3 point increases are unnecessary for me.

# 9 Steroid-Steve-O @ 11/04/09 10:27 PM
Quote:

bingo

# 10 ZigZagMan @ 11/05/09 01:03 PM
Perfect, especially when they took the Rams starting Sam LB out in the last update and he's nowhere to be found in the game.

# 11 NFLFanSince1979 @ 11/05/09 04:19 PM
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully in that time span my Pats keep playing good D so they get an increase.

# 12 cv15x @ 11/06/09 10:57 AM
If it was done monthly Miles Austin would still be a 60's player.

# 13 MARTZball @ 11/06/09 02:12 PM
As some have said, the weekly update was a 'overkill'. Once a month is spot on and I don't mind the next release date at all. Good job.

# 14 MattyT @ 11/07/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
The once a week thing was overkill. Once a month like they use to do makes more sense.
I agree. People reacted too harshly. I never saw the point in doing the ratings changes each week. I wouldn't mind if they kept updating rosters by transactions each week, though.

# 15 yankeesgiants @ 11/09/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45h
There will be an absolute record amount of whining and complaining the day this update comes out by all the homers who are certain that their teams fifth-string cornerbacks' awareness is way too low or their third-string half-back deserves to be a 70 overall at least.

That's not a complaint, by the way. I genuinely love reading those comments on pastapadre.com!
So true. Most of the bomb throwers that have been banned from the madden board here are now bomb throwers on pasta's site.

# 16 KRITIKAL1984 @ 11/10/09 07:24 AM
MADDEN 10 (REALISTIC SETTINGS)

(GAME OPTIONS)
Play Call Style - Hardcore
Play Clock - On
Fatigue - 50
Game Speed - Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold - 50
Auto Instant Replay - ON/OFF
Coach Mode - OFF
EA Sports Backtrack - Enabled/Disabled
Fight For The Fumbe ON/OFF

(HUMAN) - Player Skill

(PASSING)
QB Accuracy - 13
Pass Blocking - 20
WR Catching - 14
(RUSHING)
Broken Tackles - 13
Rub Blocking - 12
Fumbles - 5
(PASS DEFENSE)
Reaction Time - 10
Interceptions - 14
Pass Rushing - 17
(RUSH DEFENSE)
Reaction Time - 0
Block Shedding - 0
Tackling - 2

(CPU SKILL)

(PASSING)
QB Accuracy - 55
Pass Blocking - 50
WR Catching - 65
(RUSHING)
Broken Tackles - 64
Run Blocking - 70
Fumbles - 50
(PASS DEFENSE)
Reaction Time - 75
Interceptions - 37
Pass Rushing - 63
(RUSH DEFESE)
Reaction Time - 75
Block Shedding - 60
Tackling - 75

SETTINGS DONE BY - GAME TAG - (KRITIKAL1984)

# 17 JaymeeAwesome @ 11/10/09 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRITIKAL1984
MADDEN 10 (REALISTIC SETTINGS)

(GAME OPTIONS)
Play Call Style - Hardcore
Play Clock - On
Fatigue - 50
Game Speed - Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold - 50
Auto Instant Replay - ON/OFF
Coach Mode - OFF
EA Sports Backtrack - Enabled/Disabled
Fight For The Fumbe ON/OFF

(HUMAN) - Player Skill

(PASSING)
QB Accuracy - 13
Pass Blocking - 20
WR Catching - 14
(RUSHING)
Broken Tackles - 13
Rub Blocking - 12
Fumbles - 5
(PASS DEFENSE)
Reaction Time - 10
Interceptions - 14
Pass Rushing - 17
(RUSH DEFENSE)
Reaction Time - 0
Block Shedding - 0
Tackling - 2

(CPU SKILL)

(PASSING)
QB Accuracy - 55
Pass Blocking - 50
WR Catching - 65
(RUSHING)
Broken Tackles - 64
Run Blocking - 70
Fumbles - 50
(PASS DEFENSE)
Reaction Time - 75
Interceptions - 37
Pass Rushing - 63
(RUSH DEFESE)
Reaction Time - 75
Block Shedding - 60
Tackling - 75

SETTINGS DONE BY - GAME TAG - (KRITIKAL1984)
Great sliders Krit, but this is the Roster board, not the sliders....

# 18 JMD @ 11/13/09 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
I disagree, EA makes millions off Madden and at this point in time we should have rosters that update in real time. As soon as the Chiefs cut Larry Johnson, the next time I put in Madden 10 it should show that on my roster, he should no longer be on the Chiefs. Anything less in my opinion is just lazy. As it happens in real life , it should also happen in the game , by the day, by the hour, by the minute. Yes, I can do this myself, and I do, but I feel a company that makes millions each year off this game should be on top of this and be willing to put in the time to give the consumer what they said they were going to give. "If you see it on Sunday" Well this Sunday LJ will not be a Chief, but he will be in Madden 10. Last week Chris Chambers was a WR on the Chiefs, but he is not in Madden 10. Fail.

We should also have real time roster updates for online franchise as well. We are approaching 2010, there's no reason why this type of live update can't be in place.

# 19 Slasher507 @ 11/17/09 11:18 PM
I normally disagree with complaints against the EA team. Normally, the 'community' asks for more than EA can provide in such a short time. If anyone that makes these complaints is a computer software engineer or game designer, then they have all the right to say the game could be better... but the people that complain now have no idea how long it takes to design a game, and therefore, have no right to complain.

However, I do agree that EA should release weekly roster updates. They claim to try to provide 'the most authentic football simulation to date.' They have as far as gameplay goes. But when the NFL goes through countless real-life injuries and FA pickups, I expect my 'most authentic football simulation' to reflect these changes... I do not expect these reflections a month later. I'm sorry, but I spend my money on a great game, but it's a great game that I would love to play with REAL teams, not just 3-week old teams.

# 20 jimmyy201 @ 11/18/09 10:23 AM
I just seen on Donny moore's Twitter that Reggie bush is going to be an 80! After only one good game! WTF! He's gonna be a 90+ at WR if they do that! He was already an 87 at WR right now! That's better then 85% of the true WRs.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.