Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bluengold34_OS @ 11/05/09 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
care to go into detail?
Nope...Just has it and love's it......lol

Good stuff

# 22 soupmama @ 11/05/09 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
Nope...Just has it and love's it......lol

Good stuff
see above buddy

# 23 ehh @ 11/05/09 02:44 PM
Live 10's patch fixed a lot of the crazy "rocket dunks" that were happening and I noticed in some of the NCAA '10 videos that those dunks were present. So either in the retail or the NCAA 10 patch we'll no longer see those, def a big positive.

# 24 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/05/09 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Live 10's patch fixed a lot of the crazy "rocket dunks" that were happening and I noticed in some of the NCAA '10 videos that those dunks were present. So either in the retail or the NCAA 10 patch we'll no longer see those, def a big positive.
I'm confused... Were they in or not?

# 25 soupmama @ 11/05/09 02:51 PM
Definitely IN. But he was saying chances are since they've already patched NBA Live for it.... it won't hit the shelves with them in...

# 26 RayAllen20 @ 11/05/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Cool RA20, def give us some impressions. Do you own Live or is this year first dabble into EA's basketball offerings for 2009?
i dont own live but played the demo tons. i owned 2k10 but returned it for defense. so the controls are tough for me.

For everyone wondering Player Name indicator is there!

Ok only played one game but here are some impressions:

Presentation is amazing! Gus and Raftery talk a lot, and there's no akward silences like in those videos (atleast I didn't notice them) The stat overlays go by pretty quickly though (patch?), but its not a big deal. This crowd is insane! Best job a dev team has ever done with the crowd. Duke went on a 7-0 run on me, and the camera shook, and it was loudly as hell. And to top it off, Gus was screaming, this is College Basketball!

Gameplay is very good. Dribble moves are the best they've ever been, and the motion offense is very easy to run and well done. The passing controls are hard to get used to, but once performed well they look great. The half-court game is great, but the full-court game has me a little concerned. Will test it out more though. Also for the people that own NBA 2K10, you'll notice the amazing help D and rotations. Its very lovely when your CPU teammates can defend on their own. I am also a big fan of the coaching tips. They let me know when I didn't put the ball in the post enough.

Anyways, gameplay wise this game is very good. Now if only we get some dynasty issues fixed like recruiting and the sim engine and I'll be in heaven.

# 27 warnerwlf98 @ 11/05/09 02:55 PM
Downloading now. I'll post a vid if anyone is interested.

# 28 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
I'd most definitely be interested. Thanks in advance should you choose to post a vid.

# 29 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
i dont own live but played the demo tons. i owned 2k10 but returned it for defense. so the controls are tough for me.

Presentation is amazing! Gus and Raftery talk a lot, and there's no akward silences like in those videos (atleast I didn't notice them) The stat overlays go by pretty quickly though (patch?), but its not a big deal. This crowd is insane! Best job a dev team has ever done with the crowd. Duke went on a 7-0 run on me, and the camera shook, and it was loudly as hell. And to top it off, Gus was screaming, this is College Basketball!

Gameplay is very good. Dribble moves are the best they've ever been, and the motion offense is very easy to run and well done. The passing controls are hard to get used to, but once performed well they look great. The half-court game is great, but the full-court game has me a little concerned. Will test it out more though. Also for the people that own NBA 2K10, you'll notice the amazing help D and rotations. Its very lovely when your CPU teammates can defend on their own. I am also a big fan of the coaching tips. They let me know when I didn't put the ball in the post enough.

Anyways, gameplay wise this game is very good. Now if only we get some dynasty issues fixed like recruiting and the sim engine and I'll be in heaven.
In regards to bolded part...is it there for the cpu controlled players as well?

Thanks for the impressions, looking forward to hearing more.

# 30 warnerwlf98 @ 11/05/09 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'd most definitely be interested. Thanks in advance should you choose to post a vid.
Sure thing. Give me a couple of hours to get my recording equipment configured. I'll try to capture as much as I can - from intro screens to menus and gameplay (even if I suck and don't know what I'm doing).

# 31 countryboy @ 11/05/09 03:06 PM
Quote:
Sure thing. Give me a couple of hours to get my recording equipment configured. I'll try to capture as much as I can - from intro screens to menus and gameplay (even if I suck and don't know what I'm doing).
Thanks man. I certainly appreciate any vid I can get...despite the quality. LOL

# 32 jb12780 @ 11/05/09 03:07 PM
Downloading now....Bill Raftery's voice is legendary...."With the kiss!!" lol

# 33 ExtremeGamer @ 11/05/09 03:08 PM
Quote:
A vid of you downloading it? Exciting!

# 34 ehh @ 11/05/09 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I'm confused... Were they in or not?
Sorry, they WERE in the NCAA '10 videos we've seen and pre-patch Live. Live's patch corrected it, so if it's still in NCAA at least we know it'll be fixed eventually.

# 35 warnerwlf98 @ 11/05/09 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Hey . . . of course it will be exciting, I'll be doing some singing and dancing numbers while it's doing it's thing - I can guarantee it will be entertaining, but I can't guarantee if you'll like it

# 36 NDIrish98 @ 11/05/09 03:13 PM
haha, if you've played Live wait til you shoot free throws. impressions?? w/ the CBS and ESPN integration+Live's gameplay, it might just surpass Live/2K for basketball game of the year. the presentation w/ the overlays is top notch, even for the demo. if you like Live, you'll like this, even better once you put some names on here haha. just play it, nails the feel of college basketball like none other man, and i'm not even a big college bball fan anyways.

# 37 ehh @ 11/05/09 03:14 PM
Quote:

Good stuff. The controls are awesome once you get used to 'em, after playing Live so much the last month it's been very tough trying to go back to CH2K8. You really have to be wary of passing angles in EA's games, they have to be realistic and open or you'll see a lot of interceptions - which is a good thing.

The full court game might suck pre-patch, it was bad in Live before the patch. Teams didn't push the ball all that much and there were few fastbreaks. After the Live patch the CPU is much more aggressive when trying to push the ball and look for open shots/lanes.

Can you see if off-ball control from Live is in? Press the L-trigger, then a player's icon (hold it) and then release the L-trigger. That should allow you to take control of the off-ball guy.

# 38 poster @ 11/05/09 03:19 PM
Quote:

How quick are the overlays? So fast that you can't even finish reading them? Can you perhaps give an example?

# 39 countryboy @ 11/05/09 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer

# 40 countryboy @ 11/05/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Hey . . . of course it will be exciting, I'll be doing some singing and dancing numbers while it's doing it's thing - I can guarantee it will be entertaining, but I can't guarantee if you'll like it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.