Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the 360. Please post all your impressions here.

The PS3 patch will be released at a later date.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TheKasmar @ 11/06/09 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm so excited.....I can't wait to play those cheesers. How are the online issues?
I would say play as soon as you can because the cheesers will adjust. I played 1 ranked game. I got in on my firsrt try. That never happen before in 2k10. I was the 76'ers and my opponent was the Spurs. His style was charges in the backcourt and constant driving to the paint.

The first thing I noticed was there was very little lag and the game seemed smoother. Like others have mentioned, his lead pass attempts were met by stout defensive responses. Routine shots in the paint that use to go in, are now being contested with force. I had 4 user blocks and 2 clutch blocks that actually won me the game 53-48(Iggy was clutch too)

If my opponent was better he probably would have ran me out of the building considering that players dont get fatigued as fast. He kept forcing the issue so at least for my first game, I'm glad the patch chewed up and spit out a lame cheeser.

# 162 Pared @ 11/06/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
... that's a lot of points in the paint, dude
The Jazz had 64 PIP last night out of 113 against the Spurs. The Nets had 56 PIP of 94 two nights ago.

50% PIP is not uncommon in the NBA.

# 163 BroMontana82 @ 11/06/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Im still seeing these pass outs although not as frequent prepatch. With only three games played so far though, hard to say it definatively. The pass outs i'm reffering, just to be clear, are the ones where the CPU would drive into the paint and do 360 turn in mid-air and pass out of a layup to someone...
yeah this is terrible...what roster are you using? official 2k or a custom like nogsters?

# 164 rspencer86 @ 11/06/09 11:33 AM
It would be great if someone had the time and patience to copy & paste the patch notes and add impressions on how/if those things were addressed after each one.

# 165 The 24th Letter @ 11/06/09 11:34 AM
This might be a random question...but is there a way to keep edited sig shots? Or does it reset after every roster update?

# 166 Pared @ 11/06/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
One player scoring 30 points isn't uncommon, doesn't make it not a lot.
What's your point man? Do you have any impressions to add about the patch?

You tell someone, who posted their impressions, that they scored on a lot of PIP. Go tell that to some real NBA teams. And stop trying to bring this thread down.

# 167 Pared @ 11/06/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This might be a random question...but is there a way to keep edited sig shots? Or does it reset after every roster update?
If you update your roster, everything gets updated. All your changes will not be carried over. Each roster is its own entity.

# 168 NINJAK2 @ 11/06/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Good God, 2K...

Cavs now have white headbands on the road
Ray, I think 2k said all they were going to do was fix/changing the coding for headbands to allow for the right colors to be worn at the appropriate places via patch. Ultimately the final fixes will be addressed via roster updates. That goes for the guy who complained about GSW wearing white headies at home.

# 169 nron @ 11/06/09 11:38 AM
so is this patch not available to everyone yet? I am at work, so I can't check right now. I am in Canada.

# 170 Ferrari997 @ 11/06/09 11:39 AM
Autosave glitch. Fixed?

# 171 The 24th Letter @ 11/06/09 11:39 AM
thanks pared....and why do yall keep responding to dude? Yall know what thats all about lol

# 172 Boilerbuzz @ 11/06/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Sidebar: I don't understand why they don't allow the public to beta test their games. It's obvious they don't have the resources to do it themselves.
I don't understand why people continue to ask this question. It costs money to do this and console games have NEVER been setup to allow you do this easily. There are demos. In a sense, the demos are a beta. However, the lead times for consoles to get the final version on the street date would force them to release a demo that would either be no where near close to final game, or out too late for them to act on feedback.

Give it a rest guys. The day you see a BETA of ANY console game is the day you can start asking this question of a sports game.

# 173 Boilerbuzz @ 11/06/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
Question my breadren! Are the simmed number still off the charts?
What game were you playing. Outside of 2-3 too many guys scoring more than 30 points a game (FAR from being "off the charts"), the sim engine in 2K is pretty damned tight.

# 174 Pared @ 11/06/09 11:41 AM
Ok, let's end the discussion of beta-testing sports games please.

This isn't the thread.

# 175 Boilerbuzz @ 11/06/09 11:42 AM
Quote:
Halo?
Microsoft and it was NOT a beta. It was a "preview" as in - demo! And how long was that game in development? How far ahead did it come before the final?

# 176 Boilerbuzz @ 11/06/09 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Ok, let's end the discussion of beta-testing sports games please.

This isn't the thread.
Sorry man.

# 177 DC @ 11/06/09 11:44 AM
The simmed engine is cool in 2K. You just have to know how it works. With the 2K INsider rosters, there are like 6+ 3O PPG scorers in years 2 and 3 though. So blame anything on the rosters

# 178 The 24th Letter @ 11/06/09 11:44 AM
"aint no need for namr callin" - Major Payne

# 179 Pared @ 11/06/09 11:45 AM
Guys... back on track, again please.

# 180 The 24th Letter @ 11/06/09 11:46 AM
So players really didnt have their packages assigned before? im seeing alot of new animations...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.