Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

The NHL 2K10 patch list has been posted.

Quote:
GAMEPLAY
• Fixed soft crash with referee not dropping the puck when playing with slower speed settings.
• Retuned the default sliders to make gameplay faster.
• Retuned the speed for acceleration and launches, allowing the user to break out mid launch.
• Players can now speed burst during crossover animations.
• Pinning has now been made easier, and can be initiated with the check button at slower speeds.
• Stick sweeps and poke checks retuned to more accurately knock the puck away when hitting the puck or stick rather than the puckhandler.
• Retuned shot velocity on rebounds and loose pucks.
• Retuned one-timer animations so players closer to the net will now deflect the puck rather than take slap shots.
• One-timers are now more difficult and will be missed more often if the player isn’t in good position.
• Briefly disable loose shots when sweeping your stick without the puck and then gaining possession.
• Penalties are slightly reduced globally.
• Retuned how the AI clears the puck on Penalty Kills.
• Reduced the number of diving poke checks done by goalies.
• Retuned defensive AI related to blue line pressure and defensive zone play.
• AI will now better react to drop passes.
• Slightly increased the aggressiveness of the AI in their own offensive zone if they are on a penalty kill.
• More aggressive behaviors for offensive players after the puck enters the attacking zone.
• User should now have better control over the player when in a shot block animation.
• Players will now help out more in a pinning situation.
• AI is more aggressive on defense during odd man rushes.

• Fixed de-sync related to custom soundtracks in online games.
• Made default online difficulty harder in unranked games.
• Add ability to sign in to cooperative franchise games from the Team Select screen, allowing for multiple users to play from the same console.
• Fixed OT Losses not tracking correctly in online play.
• Allow custom sliders to be used in unranked matches.
• Fixed the bug where you will randomly gain control of the goalie in Team Up mode.
• Fixed the issue so that users will always maintain the same color during Team Up mode.
• Fixed the issue with the speed burst bar / player icon flickering in Team Up mode.
• Fixed a disconnect issue that occasionally occurred while the server was down.
• Fixed an occasional disconnect problem in league games when line changes are made.
• Fixed an issue that would cause league games to sometimes abort at the end of the loading screen.
• Fixed an issue when the leader of a Pick-Up party leaves the party in the lobby.

GENERAL
• Reduced puck shadow size by 20%.
• In Reelmaker, added the ability to turn off the cursor like in replay (hit both bumpers simultaneously).
• Fantasy Drafts now reset all player glove colors to team color instead of custom.

NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tinpanalley @ 11/11/09 05:02 PM
Wait.... WHAT?!?!? Faster?!?!?!
• Retuned the default sliders to make gameplay faster.

# 2 plaidchuck @ 11/11/09 05:03 PM
sounds good to me.. the next question is *drumroll* WhEN?!

# 3 Steve_OS @ 11/11/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
sounds good to me.. the next question is *drumroll* WhEN?!
Via Ronnie.

You can probably expect the patch within a month, probably quite sooner. I will update you with an exact date when I have it.

# 4 Flyermania @ 11/11/09 05:22 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see how the game plays after the patch.

# 5 braves40 @ 11/11/09 05:29 PM
im glad I just sold my copy of NHL10 for 40$ on ebay...Putting all my eggs into one basket with 2k right now

# 6 superjew887 @ 11/11/09 05:34 PM
Looks good so far. I'm a little disappointed I didn't see much about goalies though, other then diving saves. Also, no cosmetic issues (i.e. goalie masks) were addressed. Seems to be mostly AI code issues which I'm content with. It's a long list and hopefully it's tested properly as to not "over-fix" the game. Good job!

# 7 superjew887 @ 11/11/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I don't think they can do goalie masks in a patch!
I figured as much, but you never know what you can do with a roster update or patch. Either way I'm not heartbroken over it. I'm excited to see how much the fixes will change the game

# 8 Shadow71 @ 11/11/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
Looks good so far. I'm a little disappointed I didn't see much about goalies though, other then diving saves. Also, no cosmetic issues (i.e. goalie masks) were addressed. Seems to be mostly AI code issues which I'm content with. It's a long list and hopefully it's tested properly as to not "over-fix" the game. Good job!

I can fix some goalie mask coloring with a roster update, but that's about it. If there is any notes on goalie masks you think could be better then definitely feel free to post them here and I'll see what I can do.

# 9 Flyermania @ 11/11/09 06:41 PM
Shadow, can you confirm if this patch will be released for the PS3 as well?

# 10 original6 @ 11/11/09 06:50 PM
Great list of fixes! Thanks Shadow!

While I'm eagerly awaiting the patch, I'm equally dreading the possibility of having to adjust sliders again because of the gameplay tuning. But, I'll take a patch and tweak over no patch any day.

# 11 phillyfan23 @ 11/11/09 07:49 PM
that's a great list....

my 2 favorites are the d-men agressiveness tuning in the zone and odd man rushes.

If this is really well done.....the game will be great. D-men a.i was the only reason I stopped playing. The rest is icing on the cake for me, but happy nonentheless.

Hopefully, the changes are very pronounced.

# 12 18 eighty 5 @ 11/11/09 09:15 PM
Thankyou for posting the list!

Also, as some others have asked, will this patch be available for ps3 owners?

# 13 Cozmicoz @ 11/12/09 08:00 AM
Glad to see that 2k is trying to bring their game back to respectability. Also glad that they are slowly 'de-glitching' the game.

Great fix-list, however there's no mention of backward-to-forward skating transition fixes... (big problem with user control)

Also, although this is minor, it would have been great for them to fix the goalie 'warping' and 'immediate resetting' after a goal... just an aesthetic touch, but NHL 2K8 had realistic goalie animations following goals.

I look forward to the day that 2k fans can just pop their game in their console, and PLAY the hell out of it instead of trying to 'repair' or investigate 'workarounds' for gameplay or game mode inadequacies.

Thanks Shadow - is this the first and last patch that 2K10 will see?

Cheers,
Cozmicoz

# 14 BigH2k6 @ 11/12/09 08:40 AM
Thanks Shadow and 2K for the info. Thank you for listening to fans issues/concerns.

This is a pretty impressive list

# 15 JkA3 @ 11/12/09 01:59 PM
Substantial List. Hopefully it all works out.

# 16 savoie2006 @ 11/12/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30
Answer the question on what systems the patch will be released for, it isnt like we are asking the secret of life. Just be honest instead of leaving it till the last minute.

You know the longer they dont answer the question the more i have my doubts.

Q-What systems will the patch be released for?

A-?
There's no reason to believe it won't be for both the PS3 and 360. It would be suicide for it NOT to be. The Wii is the only system to get the shaft.

# 17 savoie2006 @ 11/12/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
I look forward to the day that 2k fans can just pop their game in their console, and PLAY the hell out of it instead of trying to 'repair' or investigate 'workarounds' for gameplay or game mode inadequacies.
I look forward to the day when ANY sports gamer can such a thing. I think we'll be looking for a LONG time.

# 18 klindoug @ 11/12/09 05:43 PM
A question for Shadow:

Will 2k beats now be turned off during the game when we move this presentation slider to zero. Thx...

# 19 Eddie1967 @ 11/12/09 06:16 PM
Outstanding, I am really impressed with the support 2k/VC is giving hockey this year. First NBA 2K10 now this, what a great year for 2k sports.

# 20 PaddyOReilly @ 11/12/09 08:11 PM
Just bumping for the PS3 angle.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.