Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

The NHL 2K10 patch list has been posted.

Quote:
GAMEPLAY
• Fixed soft crash with referee not dropping the puck when playing with slower speed settings.
• Retuned the default sliders to make gameplay faster.
• Retuned the speed for acceleration and launches, allowing the user to break out mid launch.
• Players can now speed burst during crossover animations.
• Pinning has now been made easier, and can be initiated with the check button at slower speeds.
• Stick sweeps and poke checks retuned to more accurately knock the puck away when hitting the puck or stick rather than the puckhandler.
• Retuned shot velocity on rebounds and loose pucks.
• Retuned one-timer animations so players closer to the net will now deflect the puck rather than take slap shots.
• One-timers are now more difficult and will be missed more often if the player isn’t in good position.
• Briefly disable loose shots when sweeping your stick without the puck and then gaining possession.
• Penalties are slightly reduced globally.
• Retuned how the AI clears the puck on Penalty Kills.
• Reduced the number of diving poke checks done by goalies.
• Retuned defensive AI related to blue line pressure and defensive zone play.
• AI will now better react to drop passes.
• Slightly increased the aggressiveness of the AI in their own offensive zone if they are on a penalty kill.
• More aggressive behaviors for offensive players after the puck enters the attacking zone.
• User should now have better control over the player when in a shot block animation.
• Players will now help out more in a pinning situation.
• AI is more aggressive on defense during odd man rushes.

• Fixed de-sync related to custom soundtracks in online games.
• Made default online difficulty harder in unranked games.
• Add ability to sign in to cooperative franchise games from the Team Select screen, allowing for multiple users to play from the same console.
• Fixed OT Losses not tracking correctly in online play.
• Allow custom sliders to be used in unranked matches.
• Fixed the bug where you will randomly gain control of the goalie in Team Up mode.
• Fixed the issue so that users will always maintain the same color during Team Up mode.
• Fixed the issue with the speed burst bar / player icon flickering in Team Up mode.
• Fixed a disconnect issue that occasionally occurred while the server was down.
• Fixed an occasional disconnect problem in league games when line changes are made.
• Fixed an issue that would cause league games to sometimes abort at the end of the loading screen.
• Fixed an issue when the leader of a Pick-Up party leaves the party in the lobby.

GENERAL
• Reduced puck shadow size by 20%.
• In Reelmaker, added the ability to turn off the cursor like in replay (hit both bumpers simultaneously).
• Fantasy Drafts now reset all player glove colors to team color instead of custom.

NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Dook517 @ 11/15/09 01:43 PM
What does "success" of the patch mean?

# 62 mercalnd @ 11/15/09 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
I see talk about 2k's basketball games being there only game they patch but what about 2k's joke of a baseball game, wasn't it patched as well on PS3?
To know that we 'd have to find someone who actually bought it for PS3, which can't be easy to find given PS3 owners' option of getting The Show.

# 63 Stormyhog @ 11/15/09 02:25 PM
NHL 2K10 slogan should now be "The Party's Over" then again I don't know if it had ever begun.

# 64 jhordwell @ 11/15/09 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Total B.S. It's the easy way out to blame Sony, but WWTC is just a company puppet towing the company line. Bottom line is 2k decided to not support the Ps3 yet again --- more than likely due to financial reasons. This all cycles back to losing their customer base due to subpar releases and poor marketing.

If they aren't going to support the game, don't release it for that system.
People pay $60 for the game, not $60 for the game + downloadable fixes. That's just a bonus, and yes it is unfortunate that it is only for the 360 users.

You can go tell your friends not to purchase 2k11, but that's not going to effect whether 2k achieves critical mass for this game next year. Which is what they, and any business are after. The patch, might be for the most vocal crowd, but it's a minority crowd. It won't improve sales significantly enough.

# 65 savoie2006 @ 11/15/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Nothing worse than a flip flopper. It really bugs me when someone is willing to change their opinion when presented with new information. People should really stick to their guns once they form an opinion. Basic loyalty.
That's the lamest thing I've read. So because so many people once had the opinion that 2K Hockey was the better hockey sim, they should keep that opinion even though things have changed? Nothing is written in stone with opinions and those that think they are, are what we call stubborn.

# 66 savoie2006 @ 11/15/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Its Savoie you're talking about, are you really all that suprised? He's flipped flopped almost as much as Joker the past year.
...just here to stir the pot aren't you?

# 67 superjew887 @ 11/15/09 06:31 PM
Maybe I'm a little out of my league in suggesting this but, if they can release roster updates on 2K share, why can't they just release a PS3 patch on the 2K Share? That bypasses Sony altogether and thus the argument "it's sony, not 2K" is rendered invalid.

It just seems like a pretty simple soultion (and by the way it hasn't stopped them from releasing roster updates for the PS3 on the 2K Share).

# 68 PaddyOReilly @ 11/15/09 07:01 PM
I'm done with 2KHockey.net now, what with Peng and Venom lording over anyone who presents an objection (frankly with the amount of insults V's throwing around, albeit on mass, I'd expect a ban).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhordwell
People pay $60 for the game, not $60 for the game + downloadable fixes. That's just a bonus, and yes it is unfortunate that it is only for the 360 users.

You can go tell your friends not to purchase 2k11, but that's not going to effect whether 2k achieves critical mass for this game next year. Which is what they, and any business are after. The patch, might be for the most vocal crowd, but it's a minority crowd. It won't improve sales significantly enough.
The thing is that $60 dollars covers not only the game but any work done on the project afterwards, they aren't doing it out of their own pockets. Plus the patch caters for the second major user base, I believe the Wii sold more this year than both 360 & PS3 combined over 2K09/2K10.

I think that yes they can't afford to patch all versions, but rather than having something against the PS3 I think they just favour the 360. For instance the "play the devs" community event was organized for 360 only, and it was a single dev off his own back that did a similar thing for the PS3.

Their current responses are basically laying the blame with Sony charging for space (or bandwidth ?) but this is just mis-direction. The reason microsoft don't charge, other than having more money than God, is that the charges are laid at the feet of the gamer with Live. What with PSN being free the charges are sided with the developer.

It's not my intention to turn this into a "hate 2K" or "PS3 vs 360" rant (or have a go at jhordwell); I'll still be playing the game without the patch but this whole thing was just badly handled. Too much silence, dragged on for too long, leaving the mods to just either blank the question or retort with "you don't know all the facts" all the while not explaining either.

# 69 Cardot @ 11/15/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
That's the lamest thing I've read. So because so many people once had the opinion that 2K Hockey was the better hockey sim, they should keep that opinion even though things have changed? Nothing is written in stone with opinions and those that think they are, are what we call stubborn.
I was being sarcastic. I actually put a higher value in someone's opinion when they are open to change it.

# 70 renojedi @ 11/16/09 10:10 AM
Been on vacation a week and just read this thread hoping for some good news on a patch for my PS3 version of this game. Read the fixes, looked good. Then saw it wasn't for PS3? Then I read the quote from the developer about how this was not a pro-MS/anti-Sony thing? Wow. Maybe it is right but it is definitely an anti-Sony player thing. I know some of this has been said before but to summarize:

- I sold my XBOX360 and bought a PS3 because it had all my favorite games to include the Show. And it has a blue ray player. And roster updates for all the games are free unlike some on XBOX. So, not to start a console war because we all have our opinions but that is why I personally moved on. And, I didn't keep both since all the other games besides the Show that I play are on both platforms.

- I paid the same $60 for a game that XBOX folks did yet I don't get the same level of support as an XBOX player?

- When exactly did the 2K group let us know BEFORE this weekend that there would be no PS3 patch? They've been working it for weeks and it just slipped their mind? Seems more likely it was to squeeze a few more sales out of PS3 folks for as long as they could before dropping the bad news.

- And either these guys or the Madden guys (Ian I think) are lying since Ian said Sony allows two title updates per game for free; after that they have to pay. Hence the reason the second patch is so important and why a third patch (NCAA Football) is to be applauded as great customer service since it costs the developers money to do so. My money is on EA on this one and it pains me to say that.

So, 2K, chalk me up as another person who has played your game since the Dreamcast days who will now be going to EA. Not because their game is better per se but because we have a choice and I chose not to support an organization that treats the very people who pay their salaries by buying their games with such a total lack of respect.

# 71 cheechoo98 @ 11/16/09 10:51 AM
The facts seem related to the Sony bandwidth charge. related article link:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/...dable-content/

and a quote by a 2K developer:

"The patch is for Xbox 360. It isn't about "supporting the 360 and not the PS3" at all. It has to do with how much support we get from the console manufacturers and I will leave it at that. Unfortunately putting out a patch for the PS3 is not feasible at this time.

I completely understand any frustration that comes from PS3 owners. I would feel the same way. But it isn't personal, it isn't to say "eff you" to anyone. As for the "silence" from 2k members, for one thing we aren't allowed to post status updates upon request from fans. That just never ends well, good news, bad news, or no news. Another thing to consider is that perhaps a decision has or had not been made yet on the issue.

To those of you who think that since PS3 owners cannot have a patch that we shouldn't do one for 360... What if the success of a 360 patch allows us to do a PS3 patch in the future? Something to think about."

If 2K doesn't want to foot the cost given to them by Sony, I can see why they would say screw it, we have limited resources, we don't have the money right now to have to pay for this patch. M$ doesn't charge us, we can release it for 360.

But what does this do to the fan base. For one, no matter what they present to us, it gives the optics of poor customer support/relations. They should re-think their strategy and eat the costs - and put out a statement to that effect. That would send a message saying, "hey, we do care, and we acknowledge that our PS3 customers are intensely loyal, and we would like to reward that loyalty by providing an update that the 360 users are getting"

The lower sales on the PS3 side reveal a dwindling fan base. And with this news, that fan base will continue to get smaller. I hope they re-think this and consider what the costs will be to put out an update, compared to what the costs will be of losing more customers next year.

# 72 Keirik @ 11/16/09 12:21 PM
lol 2k. Hats off, you never manage to disappoint and prove again and again that the company (in terms of the hockey franchise) is run by a couple of monkeys and or circus freaks..

# 73 devilsjaw @ 11/16/09 12:28 PM
I seriously hope this company goes out of business. I won't miss them.

# 74 devilsjaw @ 11/16/09 01:04 PM
You'd think they'd at least have the balls to tell us in the post that it was 360 only. Even on their official forums they didn't mention that it was 360 only right away. Why hide it?

# 75 Money99 @ 11/16/09 02:29 PM
I can see why PS3 fans are ticked. I'd be pretty livid as well.

I hope the 360 patch is such a massive success that they'll be able to do the PS3 patch in the future.

# 76 devilsjaw @ 11/16/09 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I can see why PS3 fans are ticked. I'd be pretty livid as well.

I hope the 360 patch is such a massive success that they'll be able to do the PS3 patch in the future.
I don't see how it would. People aren't paying money for the patch, and I seriously doubt it will cause more people to buy the game all of a sudden.

# 77 savoie2006 @ 11/16/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
It's when THEY deem it to be a bash thread as others have pointed out. Venom gets a pass because he has developed a reputation to put umpteen thousand hours into playing the game as early and quickly as possible and then post a set of sliders that sometimes resonate with some players.... partially due to many guys don't want to fool around with developing slider sets themselves.

As far as opinions, those should only change when there is substantive evidence to counter your original stance. Simply shifting with the wind only makes for a "good" politician.
Evidence? What evidence? There is NO evidence from anyone as to why 2K isn't releasing the patch for the PS3. Everything everybody is saying bashing 2K is out of anger. I'll admit I was angry too at first, but what knowledge does anyone have of the reasoning for VC not having a PS3 patch? None, so all claims and accusations are pure speculation really.

As for anything else, my opinion has remained the same. I don't defend their lack of marketing, though I don't personally see it mattering that much, as it has no bearing on how the game actually plays. However, I understand the world desire to be enticed. Crap is still crap to me, no matter how good you make it look. Take McDonalds as a prime example. By looking at the pictures and seeing the commercials, you would think they have delicious Burgers. Then you taste them and find out differently. The game has flaws just as any other game, I've never denied that either.

# 78 phillyfan23 @ 11/16/09 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Evidence? What evidence? There is NO evidence from anyone as to why 2K isn't releasing the patch for the PS3. Everything everybody is saying bashing 2K is out of anger. I'll admit I was angry too at first, but what knowledge does anyone have of the reasoning for VC not having a PS3 patch? None, so all claims and accusations are pure speculation really.

As for anything else, my opinion has remained the same. I don't defend their lack of marketing, though I don't personally see it mattering that much, as it has no bearing on how the game actually plays. However, I understand the world desire to be enticed. Crap is still crap to me, no matter how good you make it look. Take McDonalds as a prime example. By looking at the pictures and seeing the commercials, you would think they have delicious Burgers. Then you taste them and find out differently. The game has flaws just as any other game, I've never denied that either.
Their HORRIBLE marketing cost them sales......

less sales= less money.
Less money for the PS3= NO patch
NO patch= gameplay IS affected for an entire console.

# 79 phillyfan23 @ 11/17/09 02:50 AM
Quote:
Yeah but you're presenting logic which generally doesn't compute to people. I've been consistantly saying the lack of marketing since coming to next gen would eventually turn things the other way if the gameplay wasn't up to snuff (which it certainly hasn't been). EA stepped up, made an argueably better game and markets their titles as well as any publisher in the business. Oh and the key thing? EA now listens to the fan base and communicates and tries to make the game better. 2k you need a pass from Obama with a presidential seal on it to get any info prior to a week from store shelves pratically.

I also find it absolutely hilarous that people try to paint TakeTwo/2k as this small time little player. The're right at the top 5 when it comes to game publishers, GTA and Bioshock among other properties like the Civilization series have made them bundles of money. The're not this broke lil underdog people like to claim. If they wanted to support PS3 users they could, its just the game has failed at retail due to that same lack of marketing and the game not being where it should be at this point 5 years into this generation that makes it not cost effective to do a patch for the whole 1000 people if that, that purchased the PS3 version.

I don't know how 2k works and if one team hbelps another team out ......like you alluded to.

the patch isn't out for the ps3 under 2 possibilities:

1) 2khockey genuinely is hurt with $$ and can't afford it

or

2) 2khockey gets help from 2k, but decided not to patch it.

Both possibilities are due to bad decisions by 2k or 2khockey. Lack of marketing and bad quality for the past 4 years cost them money thus no patch.

or 2k doesn't care enough for ps3 users eventhough they have the resources to get a patch out.

I'm leaning towards the 1st possibility......still 2k's fault though. nothing more , nothing less.

# 80 savoie2006 @ 11/17/09 04:14 AM
Quote:
2kSports is a wholely owned subsidiary of Take Two Interactive, if they wanted to spend the money needed to compete on the same level as EA Sports they could. Take Two just choses not to because they figure they can get by on last gen ports and milking what is esentially at its core an engine Sega built for its Dreamcast sports line just with layers upon layers of spit and polish and various engine tweaks. This is why their sports titles are in the position they are now, NHL and MLB especially. You can only build so long on a foundation before it starts to crumble from the weight and limitations of newer tech.
Which is the reason for the switch to VC, because Kush wasn't getting it done. Plain and simple if 2K truely wanted to end their MLB and Hockey series, they could have after the disbanding of Kush.

Love or hate NHL 2K10, Visual Concepts has already shown more promise with this game than Kush had 2K6-2K8. IF the 360 patch fixes the issues that were listed,effectively, this will easily be the most playable 2K Hockey game since 2K4. With or without a PS3 patch, if the 360 patch is effective, it's nothing but a good thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.