Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the PS3. Please post all your impressions here.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 ehh @ 12/01/09 12:21 PM
Well I'm finally a 2K10 owner, just won an auction on ebay for a used copy for $43 shipped, works out well since my auction selling NCAA BB '10 ended last night for $45 shipped - I'll take that trade.

The game is coming from MA to CT so I hopefully I'll have it by Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed that this baby can keep my attention for more than two weeks.

# 262 jeebs9 @ 12/01/09 01:25 PM
I don't want to sit here and say "YES IT WILL keep your attention". But I will say if you don't see the depth. And the ever new things everytime you play any mode of this game. You might want to check yourself in the hospital.....lol...

Na I'm just kidding. But I will say that you will enjoy it. It might take a week learning curve. So have a open mind.

# 263 ehh @ 12/01/09 01:57 PM
I'm not worried about the depth at all, it's always been a strength in 2K games. The two main reasons I decided to get this game were the depth and animation advantages over the other game.

It's the gameplay I'm concerned about, I hated 2K9 and have only played 2K10 at friends' places (so without any badass OS edits) so I'm skeptical. I'm not sure if 2K10 will have enough to keep me away from CH2K8.

# 264 jeebs9 @ 12/01/09 02:03 PM
Right now I'm going to have to say this is better than CH2k8. I'm literally loving it!!

# 265 ehh @ 12/01/09 04:02 PM
Gameplay wise it damn well better be better than CH2K8.

Association never did a great job at holding my attention in the past, especially compared to legacy mode in CH. We shall see though, I'm excited to get familiar with this game.

# 266 jeebs9 @ 12/01/09 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Gameplay wise it damn well better be better than CH2K8.

Association never did a great job at holding my attention in the past, especially compared to legacy mode in CH. We shall see though, I'm excited to get familiar with this game.
I'm kind of like you. I haven't been into association since I joined my first online league. I mostly play online. I playing human opponent because they're unpredictable....and everyone has different style of play. CPU doesn't really offer that yet. Probably in the next gen of gaming. I'm so addict to the gameplay. That I need to get at least one game a day.

# 267 Heiks @ 12/03/09 06:22 AM
Reading this thread, it seems that I really need to quit playing the My Player mode and start an Association so I could truly enjoy the beauty of the game.

Other than on-court action, My Player is still a horrible mess. That has held my controller down.

# 268 MrMayface @ 12/03/09 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiks
Reading this thread, it seems that I really need to quit playing the My Player mode and start an Association so I could truly enjoy the beauty of the game.

Other than on-court action, My Player is still a horrible mess. That has held my controller down.
After the patch, my system froze while I was playing my Warriors association. Therefore my save data was corrupted. So I thought that would be a good time to try out My Player mode. I had heard folks around here talking bout it. That's honestly something I can live without. The association is where it's at. Personally for me I love the off-season. I downloaded Darebirths draft classes which are awesome.

# 269 jeebs9 @ 12/04/09 10:53 AM
Man oh man….I’m loving the user blocks. Last night I played a game where I had 8 blocks with LeBron James. All 8 of them by me. I wish I could of saved the replays. But can’t save them online and also the guy quit after the 4th fourth quarter. fficeffice" />>>

# 270 ehh @ 12/04/09 05:24 PM
My copy just came in, looking forward to spending a lot of time with this puppy tonight.

# 271 ehh @ 12/04/09 07:54 PM
After about two hours with the game (an hour playing and an hour simming in Assoc) I gotta say the patch really makes a world of a difference with this game. It is much, much better than 2K9 to me. It was nice to get some extended time vs the CPU too instead of primarily playing humans like I had with pre-patch 2K10.

While I don't care of the controls still (always hated isomotion and the L-stick control of your player is nothing to write home about) they aren't atrocious from what I've seen, though the pale in comparison to the other game.

The first thing I noticed after spending all my NBA gaming time with the other game the last two months is how much better the CPU AI is in 2K10. They read and react so well (as in with CH2K8) and will punish you for your defensive mistakes. Things don't feel as scripted since no DNA is dictating what a player should do in that situation, merely a tendency plus the defense's situation/position/etc. It feels like the D's position is the primary reason for the CPU AI's decisions on offense which is great, in the other game it seems like their DNA/tendency is the primary factor and they don't really care where the D is on most possessions.

The contact in the paint was really improved in with the patch, I could still get in there a little too easily but it's not like the CPU was rolling out the red carpet anymore. The animations are also so beautiful in this game, while it's simply eye candy it doesn't provide more "wow" moments and inject more realism into the game.

Association mode seems much better this year for some reason, more streamlined maybe. It just seems less chaotic. I love that it prompts you mid-Assoc if you want to DL a draft class right then and there. I simmed two years with the Knicks and was able to land Melo in 2011, naturally I saved that Association though I used a made up draft class for the 2011 draft, we'll have to see if I stick with that Assoc.

# 272 pfunk880 @ 12/04/09 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The first thing I noticed after spending all my NBA gaming time with the other game the last two months is how much better the CPU AI is in 2K10. They read and react so well (as in with CH2K8) and will punish you for your defensive mistakes. Things don't feel as scripted since no DNA is dictating what a player should do in that situation, merely a tendency plus the defense's situation/position/etc. It feels like the D's position is the primary reason for the CPU AI's decisions on offense which is great, in the other game it seems like their DNA/tendency is the primary factor and they don't really care where the D is on most possessions.
Absolutely agree.

Just played a game where the CPU made a concerted effort to get the ball inside and get some of my guys in foul trouble in the second half. Very impressed with the AI overall, though it was frustrating to watch my lead evaporate from nine at one point and turn into a 103-89 loss.

Haven't even touched the sliders, other than foul settings. I'm on default Pro with 12 minute quarters.

# 273 Wu Tang Killer Bees @ 12/05/09 02:47 PM
Hello, I purchased NBA 2K10 a couple of weeks ago but have yet to open it(ala Xbox not back from the shop yet). Has the patch really fixed all the bugs and issues or would I be better off getting my money back.

# 274 rspencer86 @ 12/05/09 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu Tang Killer Bees
Hello, I purchased NBA 2K10 a couple of weeks ago but have yet to open it(ala Xbox not back from the shop yet). Has the patch really fixed all the bugs and issues or would I be better off getting my money back.
Open that thing up and enjoy. I wouldn't say "all" issues have been fixed, but this is about as good as it gets. Great game post-patch.

# 275 ProtoPunch @ 12/05/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Open that thing up and enjoy. I wouldn't say "all" issues have been fixed, but this is about as good as it gets. Great game post-patch.
Yep. With Pared's Sliders + Custom Music + Rocky's Playbooks the offline gameplay experience is something to behold.

# 276 whosgotcha @ 12/06/09 03:10 PM
Just got it. I was busy playing the new improved post patch 2 Madden and Assassins Creed II. Had rented both b-ball games and thought 2k10 was a great game from the door and clearly superior. The posts have me hyped! uh oh Philly just intercepted Atltanta for a TD.....gotta go!!!

# 277 tcnumba10 @ 12/06/09 04:50 PM
Quick Question with the Patch, do you think it is necessary to restart a current Association that was started before the patch? Or would the affects of the patch be felt in the current Association?

I'm playing on the PC so I just want to know in advance since the patch comes out in January for us.

# 278 Rawdeal28 @ 12/07/09 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Quick Question with the Patch, do you think it is necessary to restart a current Association that was started before the patch? Or would the affects of the patch be felt in the current Association?

I'm playing on the PC so I just want to know in advance since the patch comes out in January for us.
no, dont restart a damn thing. lol

its not needed. i was 15 games into my franschise when i got the patch. and u can see the difference. the game is a thing of beauty. u feel the difference. tougher to score in the paint. gameplay is smoother.

so keep enjoying your chise. for me, this game is a 9 out of 10. simply wonderful!

# 279 tcnumba10 @ 12/07/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
no, dont restart a damn thing. lol

its not needed. i was 15 games into my franschise when i got the patch. and u can see the difference. the game is a thing of beauty. u feel the difference. tougher to score in the paint. gameplay is smoother.

so keep enjoying your chise. for me, this game is a 9 out of 10. simply wonderful!
Thanks for the heads up, also, some posters say that the patch did not fix the drive-in/pass-out issue with star players. Is this true? Are star players still not finishing at the rim and passing it out instead?

# 280 Paul27 @ 12/07/09 12:01 PM
My player mode too easy, they still need to add slider and difficulty settings

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.