Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the PS3. Please post all your impressions here.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 brettryantalley @ 11/14/09 10:01 PM
are jaggies still an issue post patch? that still drives me absolutely crazy.

# 122 tcrews @ 11/14/09 10:25 PM
There were a few questions posted and rather than quote all of them. I'm just answering them. The people who posted the ?'s will know which is for them.

To the guy that asked to post superstar stats. Here you go

I played against the Cavs. LBJ's stat line was as follows

37 points, 14-29 shooting, 1-43pt, 8-11FT, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers. How's that for realistic?

Against the Hornets CP3 scored 29 points on 10-19 fg%, 3-4 3pt, 6-7ft, 11 assists

And although it's subjective (i still consider him a 'superstar', personally) Tim Duncan in my most recent game went for 26 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Another person asked if anyone can confirm that players have stopped passing out of their shots. It happens rarely. I'd say once or twice a game. For the most part they're taking it to the rack and/or finishing whatever they started doing. I've yet to see one of those incredibly irritating layup animations followed by a pinpoint pass to an open shooter for an easy trey, thank goodness.

My biggest thing right now is that the game is competitive without feeling cheap. I'm finally able to start a franchise and stick with it because I'm not winning by 40 every game. I took the Hornets. Made two trades to bring in some wing shooting. I beat the Spurs 87-81. The game was full of RUNS which is, for the NBA purists, the way the NBA works. I was very happy to see that. I'd go up by 9, they'd close the gap. I'd go up by 8, they'd go on a 14-4 run and take a little lead. It was great and competitive until there was about 2 minutes left and David West made a miraculous block that stopped them from tying the game and CP3 subsequently hit a 3 pointer to give me a cushion.

Again I just thank 2k for the patch. They took a good game with flaws and turned it into an amazing basketball simulation with a few minor inconveniences. I'm completely addicted.

# 123 antixnette @ 11/14/09 10:34 PM
Well, so far, I can't make an open shot to save my life.

# 124 StankonYa @ 11/14/09 10:57 PM
Can anyone tell me if the NBA FINALS trophy patch for players jerseys can be patched or put in with a roster update???
They had them in 2k9, why take that out!!

Thanks in advance to who ever knows the answer.

# 125 StankonYa @ 11/14/09 11:01 PM
Sorry i just realised that this thred is for ps3 and not xbox....but my question should be universal.

# 126 MustangMan @ 11/14/09 11:07 PM
Crowd seems to react properly instead of cut outs. Very fun game now compared to the feel it used to have. Much more realistic and teams playing differently. Chris Paul was killing me when I had mike bibby guarding him. Lakers destroying me when im playing as nets. Just curious do the lakers truly run the triangle properly in this game?

# 127 dave731 @ 11/14/09 11:19 PM
Thank you 2K! Co-op Online Association is WORKING! At least the results are being saved now following the game although I haven't tested the subs bug which is said to be fixed. Very pleased so far with the way the game is playing on default superstar settings as well.

# 128 brahmagoul @ 11/14/09 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayface

What yall think about those stats? I was GS, the Cavs won 144-124. That was the 3rd game of the Finals. I think the shooting % is way to high, and look at the assists. The only sliders I changed are.
- Charging (100)
- Blocking (100)
- Reaching (60)
- Shooting (90)
- Loose ball (100)
12 mins on All Star
A few things jump out to me more than the shooting percentage, which I think is affected by the other issues:

1) The points in the paint were oh-my-God high. I would tone down tendencies to take inside shots, not neccessarily attacking the basket, because I was fine with the free throws.

2) Too few turnovers.

3) 47 assists for Cleveland and 15 for Golden State.

So, I might consider toning down the offensive awareness and inside shooting tendencies, not ability, first. Then see how you like it. Remember, though, it's all about how you like the feel.

# 129 brahmagoul @ 11/14/09 11:23 PM
Question, do I need to restart my season? Or can I continue my current one and just set the sliders to their default setting and go from there?

# 130 MustangMan @ 11/14/09 11:27 PM
Passing feels better and not a big hitch in transition anymore... what a big difference a patch makes. Chris Anderson ripping down boads.... this game feels great.

# 131 x_irish6 @ 11/15/09 12:08 AM
Kudos to 2k, they did a superb job with the patch. The game plays so much better, controls are more responsive & it's actually pretty fun playing against the CPU.

I've had the game a month now & hadn't played the game in a few weeks as it had too many issues & the gameplay didn't feel as good as it should be. I thought the purchase was a mistake until I played it today post-patch. Definitely a good weekend with NZ qualifying for World Cup & now this

# 132 Mintsa @ 11/15/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Does your online record actually record wins & losses now ???
Anyone ???

# 133 Vince Carter II @ 11/15/09 12:17 AM
I have got a question... but I'm thinking, if I started a new association right now, so I haven't go for example Kevin Martin (Kings), Rashard Lewis or Vince Carter (Magic).. so in VC stats, they said that he is out 1-2 weeks ... that if I play 2 or 3 weeks in association that VC will be OK ?? or when I statred association all player which have got injured will automatically clear to play ?? or what ? does the players like yao ming or tmac when healthy goes directlt into to your association or no???

can someone answer this??

# 134 Flightwhite24 @ 11/15/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Carter II
I have got a question... but I'm thinking, if I started a new association right now, so I haven't go for example Kevin Martin (Kings), Rashard Lewis or Vince Carter (Magic).. so in VC stats, they said that he is out 1-2 weeks ... that if I play 2 or 3 weeks in association that VC will be OK ?? or when I statred association all player which have got injured will automatically clear to play ?? or what ? does the players like yao ming or tmac when healthy goes directlt into to your association or no???

can someone answer this??
I'm curious as to the answer to this also????

# 135 Nodima @ 11/15/09 01:21 AM
I haven't played the computer yet, but online is officially amazing.

# 136 insideoutside15 @ 11/15/09 02:06 AM
I just played a game and the whole time I felt like I was getting completely screwed the way the Cavs seemed to hit every shot with almost every one of them being in the paint. I checked the team statistics and that wasn't actually the case. They scored a lot of points in the paint, 50 out of 102, and only went 4-15 from behind the arc. The real thing that killed me was that I absolutely could not get the calls to go my way. The Cavs shot 16-18 from the free throw line to my Celtics' 3-8. The good news is that I managed to contain Lebron offensively, although he almost had a triple double (11/9/9 on 5-17 shooting) but Shaq absolutely murdered us. 28 points, 19 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks.

That leads me to an important question: How do I defend against centers? If I contested a shot at all, it either didn't matter or was a foul. If I double they effortlessly pass it off to another wide open player every single time. I couldn't even seem to try to get Shaq into foul trouble by driving at him! I think the everything else about the game is finally right where I want it except this, but I'm sick of getting dominated by every single big man in this game.

# 137 Bellsprout @ 11/15/09 03:18 AM
Just played a game with default sliders (except Game Speed at 45).

Both teams shot in the low 40's for percentage. This comes after my last game prepatch where I won 155-138 and both teams shot well over 60%.
Post-Patch: 1 Pre-Patch: 0

Came into my first post-patch game averaging 12.5 assists per game with Brandon Jennings. In my first post-patch game I had 11 assists......as a team.
Post-Patch: 2 Pre-Patch: 0

Jump shooting is noticeably harder. Over the back fouls exist now. I am so impressed with what 2k has done. They took a good basketball game and made it great. I don't see this game leaving my PS3 for a very, very long time.

(Side note: LeBron is still a beast. Pre-patch he averaged 54 ppg for me in 2 games. Post-patch I scored 45 with him. I seriously feel like it's cheating playing with him. He hits almost every 3 he takes. Lol.)

# 138 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 11/15/09 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
I just played a game and the whole time I felt like I was getting completely screwed the way the Cavs seemed to hit every shot with almost every one of them being in the paint. I checked the team statistics and that wasn't actually the case. They scored a lot of points in the paint, 50 out of 102, and only went 4-15 from behind the arc. The real thing that killed me was that I absolutely could not get the calls to go my way. The Cavs shot 16-18 from the free throw line to my Celtics' 3-8. The good news is that I managed to contain Lebron offensively, although he almost had a triple double (11/9/9 on 5-17 shooting) but Shaq absolutely murdered us. 28 points, 19 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks.

That leads me to an important question: How do I defend against centers? If I contested a shot at all, it either didn't matter or was a foul. If I double they effortlessly pass it off to another wide open player every single time. I couldn't even seem to try to get Shaq into foul trouble by driving at him! I think the everything else about the game is finally right where I want it except this, but I'm sick of getting dominated by every single big man in this game.
That's what the practice mode is for my friend. Yup I'm talkin bout practice!! Go to the post up & scrimage sessions and learn the defensive low post functions...

# 139 MikeGiani @ 11/15/09 10:48 AM
lowering quickness to 30 makes the game feel outstanding.

# 140 Tebow @ 11/15/09 11:08 AM
I'm really glad about being able to change the quarter lengths in MyPlayer. I recently installed the patch, does anyone know where in my player mode do you adjust the quarter lengths? And, to be able to do so ... Am I going to have to start my career over again, or if I have a career started before the patch will I still be able to change quarter lengths on it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.