Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the PS3. Please post all your impressions here.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 quesmoney @ 11/15/09 06:34 PM
Anyone experiencing messed up rotations by the CPU?..I can even play the game at all because I had to play against a Celtic team that had rondo giddens kg sheed and Perkins all on the floor!..that was horrible!

# 162 insideoutside15 @ 11/15/09 07:22 PM
Okay, I've tried all sorts of different slider settings, waited a month and a half for the patch, and I just give up. No matter what I do, the CPU gets the vast majority of its points under the basket. This kickout issue is infuriating too, since when I manage to play good defense the man with the ball robo passes the ball to a wide open guy who sinks it most of the time. This game is so close to being great, but defense is just beyond me. I played through almost three full quarters against the Hawks as the Celtics and they managed to score 84 points on 57% shooting, 52 points in the paint. On top of that, they had 11 points from free throws. That leaves just 21 points scored outside the paint, and most of those were from the contested kickouts I mentioned earlier. I'll probably give the game one last shot in a couple days, but I think I'm probably done with this series from here on out unless something changes.

# 163 jhawk9966 @ 11/15/09 08:10 PM
My player mode still make a clone at the end of the summer? WTF Do I need to delete everything even the game first or what?

# 164 ehh @ 11/15/09 08:37 PM
Got to play the game post-patch today, granted very briefly. Played a 5 min quarter game on default All-Star (I think) vs my boy, Knicks at Clips. Game seems quite improved from what I could tell, granted my boy is a Grade A cheeser so it was tough to tell. He killed me as usual but from what I could see the D seems improved.

I snuck in one 5 min quarter against the CPU of Knicks vs Thunder, I'm obviously horrible at isomotion and used to CH2K8 but the CPU did not seem too cheap like they did pre-patch and in 2K9. Spacing/rotations are still kinda meh to me but this is without sliders.

I sold a few games on eBay over the weekend, I'll be picking up 2K10 tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed.

# 165 Comduklakis @ 11/15/09 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quesmoney
Anyone experiencing messed up rotations by the CPU?..I can even play the game at all because I had to play against a Celtic team that had rondo giddens kg sheed and Perkins all on the floor!..that was horrible!
I don't consider that a messed up rotation. I agree there are times when the computer does mess it up. I've played lineups with 3 pgs. But as far as the Celtics, Rasheed can easily play PF, did most of his career, and Garnett has been known to drop to SF on occasion too.

# 166 cowboy_kmoney @ 11/15/09 10:26 PM
Does anyone know if the patch is out on the 360?

# 167 rspencer86 @ 11/15/09 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Does anyone know if the patch is out on the 360?
It's been out for weeks.

# 168 Soul2zion @ 11/16/09 03:03 AM
My Player is F***ing freezing when I press triangle to simulate until I am subbed back in, so frustrating.

# 169 vikingsfan1 @ 11/16/09 08:27 AM
I know this may sound like I am crying but the patch made the CPU shooting percentage unbelieveable. They are shooting lights out.

# 170 jeebs9 @ 11/16/09 08:42 AM
OMG I LOVE THE PATCH!!!! I had the best weekend because of it.

# 171 Radiant1 @ 11/16/09 08:43 AM
Is there anywhere I can go to download the patch for the PS3? I don't have a router right now, so I can't get online and use PS network yet. Does anyone have a link, or is it even possible to download the patch from anywhere other than PS network?

# 172 jeebs9 @ 11/16/09 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant1
Is there anywhere I can go to download the patch for the PS3? I don't have a router right now, so I can't get online and use PS network yet. Does anyone have a link, or is it even possible to download the patch from anywhere other than PS network?

Nope only way is through PS network.

# 173 ehh @ 11/16/09 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
OMG I LOVE THE PATCH!!!! I had the best weekend because of it.

# 174 jeebs9 @ 11/16/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

LoL

I ran a real test against the patch last night vs my friends. Now let me tell you guys. I have 6 friends that I've known since childhood. Only 2 of them are very sim. The other 4 are very cheesy. Default settings. I touch nothing. Some of us shot like 35%. The 2 sim guys and I shot little over 45% but none of us shot those crazy fg% of 60% and up like we did before. One my cheesy friends (who usually wins). I was winless last night. In all of his games....he got blowout...because he didn't play smart basketball. Another very good thing I saw. Was that the people who played on-ball D were rewarded more enough then the people who didn’t.

The one thing I loved about the new contact animations was that even if its LeBron vs Fisher on a fastbreak. You won't be stopped by fisher. Where in the other game that's what wouldn’t happen. Al little guy is able to cause contact on LeBron and make him throw up a stupid missed shot on a fast break (in the other game). I mean after a while I had so many and1’s one of my friends would just give the lane because his guards were not strong enough to slow James down on the break. lol Either that or intentional foul.fficeffice" />>>

>>
I played a guy online that must of not known about the patch. And kept driving with LeBron over and over. I told him that the patch caused more contact. But he didn't listen. He just brushed me off and said. "You play your game. And I'll play mine" LeBron finished 8-37 in 5 minute quarter game.....lol I blow him out by 20

I made a contact reel of misses and make shots. I'll post tonight. But again. I literally love the game now. Because you have to play smart basketball now to win. No stupid plays are reward. No stupid passes. No stupid shots. You have to know how to play. A great example....I played with the Cavs last night with my friends. And I played all of them....and blew all of them out. none of them knew how to do post moves. Their big man were none factors. Shaq Daddy was balling. One game Shaq had a vintage 20 points (LeBron only had 9). In the next game LeBron then went crazy with a line of 22pts 6rebs 10ast 4blk. >>

>>
Also on fast breaks. If one their players got loose on the break. I slammed them to the ground on a regular (forced them to get those points at the line lol)>>

# 175 Jaydabeast @ 11/16/09 12:38 PM
Anyone else noticing that instead of getting rid of the overlay after baskets, they get a gray shadow and a small box? Also was the free throw overlay eliminated as well??? I don't see why they couldn't have the overlay and just reduced the time it was displayed. I liked seeing the stat line updates.

# 176 MrMayface @ 11/16/09 12:49 PM
Man this patch has me so stressed out. I don't want to start another association for fear of losing my data again due to the game freezing! My association was amazing. I was playing with GS. I had just lost in the Finals against the Cavs, but because of trades that I had made. I had 2 lottery picks, (picks 8 & 10) and 3 other 1st round picks. I also had 3 2nd round picks. So I was really looking forward to the draft. Now I'm at the point where I'm nervous about starting another because it may freeze up again. 2K needs to resolve this fast.

# 177 jeebs9 @ 11/16/09 12:49 PM
Yea they did get rid of it. I mean its nice. And I understand what your saying. But they had to go. Blocking the screen from the action...is a major no-no.....

# 178 jeebs9 @ 11/16/09 01:02 PM
There was only one thing that bother me about the patch after downloading it.....

The Celtics away Headbands were the wrong color lol

# 179 Jaydabeast @ 11/16/09 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yea they did get rid of it. I mean its nice. And I understand what your saying. But they had to go. Blocking the screen from the action...is a major no-no.....
Well yeah I def understand the reasoning but they didn't completely remove it. I still have a gray line and small box on the inbounds. Just weird programming to me if you can minimize the box but not the time it stays up there.

# 180 Boilerbuzz @ 11/16/09 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
It has, but for some reason even after the patch autosave is stuck for ON in association. Everywhere else is fine. I'm thinking it was an intentional design.
DING!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.