Home
Madden NFL Arcade News Post

MADDEN NFL ARCADE NOW AVAILABLE
ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE AND XBOX LIVE ARCADE

5-on-5 Pure Adrenaline NFL Football Arrives Just in Time for Thanksgiving

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - November 25, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Madden NFL Arcade is now available for download on the PlayStation® Store, and Xbox LIVE Arcade. Perfect for pick-up-and-play action during halftime, Madden NFL Arcade provides an all-new way to experience the Madden NFL franchise, featuring a unique art style and fast-paced gameplay. Madden NFL Arcade is available on the PlayStation Store and Xbox LIVE for $14.99 and 1200 MS points respectively.

Madden NFL Arcade takes everything you love about your favorite NFL stars and stadiums and brings them to life in a fun, high-scoring gridiron battle. Featuring all 32 NFL teams and stadiums, including the top five offensive and defensive stars from each team, with all-new arcade style animations, every play looks like a highlight reel. From linemen to wide receivers, each player is 100% authentic to the NFL and injected with over-the-top personality unique to Madden NFL Arcade.

Catch your opponent off-guard with 13 unique Game Changers to break the game wide open in a single play. Freeze one of your opponent’s players, add extra lineman to sack the QB, turn off your opponent’s passing icons, and more. With action-packed Game Changers, no two plays are ever the same.

Madden NFL Arcade is the perfect video game for game day, allowing up to four cooperative players on a single console. You can also take on the world online in head-to-head matches and track your performance via interactive leaderboards. To commemorate your gridiron success, Madden NFL Arcade also provides a host of achievements and trophies to boost your gamer score.

Madden NFL Arcade is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and is developed in Orlando, Florida by the EA Tiburon studio, which also produces NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and EA SPORTS™ MMA.

Madden NFL Arcade screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL Arcade screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL ArcadeReader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Tomba @ 11/25/09 05:56 PM
what different than the trial demo?

Is there day or night/ rain snow sleet/ I mean if you just download the demo you're basically ok.

# 42 jyoung @ 11/25/09 05:59 PM
No weather effects in the final game.

Everything is played in clear day weather.

Anyone else remember the amazing snow effects in Blitz 2001 for the Dreamcast? Yeah, shame they couldn't give us some weather options in this game.

# 43 jyoung @ 11/25/09 07:33 PM
There is co-op for up to 4 players, though all players have to be on the same console.

I'm guessing the max you can go is 2 per side, but I haven't tested it to confirm.

That said, I definitely don't recommend this game for $15.

Save your money and pick up a copy of Blitz 2001, NFL Street, Tecmo Super Bowl et al.

Heck, you could probably get all three of those for the same cost as Madden Arcade.

# 44 EvanRG @ 11/25/09 08:33 PM
I never thought that $15 was such a break in the bank.

Just played my bro for about an hour and a half. We turn the gamebreakers off and go simple, pure football. Good stuff!

# 45 Ty @ 11/25/09 08:34 PM
This game is very fun and a nice alternative for Madden NFL 10 if you become bored of it. I love the game changers and I can see myself playing this for awhile.

# 46 ezio @ 11/25/09 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty
This game is very fun and a nice alternative for Madden NFL 10 if you become bored of it. I love the game changers and I can see myself playing this for awhile.
I agree. I just had a great unranked game online. I was the Saints and played someone that used the Giants. It went back and forth and I ended up winning 34-26. It really is fun and as you said a nice alternative to Madden.

# 47 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/25/09 09:26 PM
I played a few more games online, and man this game can be very addictive, I'm really enjoying it.

# 48 jyoung @ 11/26/09 12:33 AM
Man, the Titans are cheap as hell in this game with Chris Johnson and Vince Young on offense.

My online record right now is 15-0, with the closest competition so far coming from a Titans vs. Titans game.

I hate it when games are so unbalanced that they make you feel ashamed for playing as your home team.

# 49 SeaNNyT @ 11/26/09 12:46 AM
Cost too much.

Also spamming the medium pass to your running back works everytime.

# 50 jyoung @ 11/26/09 12:50 AM
Yeah just like in Madden 10, the coverage out of the flats sucks, and when you add that to the fact that RBs catch passes way better than they should, you get games where the RB is the leading receiver for most teams.

# 51 ezio @ 11/26/09 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Yeah just like in Madden 10, the coverage out of the flats sucks, and when you add that to the fact that RBs catch passes way better than they should, you get games where the RB is the leading receiver for most teams.
Yeah I agree. i noticed that too when I played the unranked game as the Saints. It was a little too easy to drop it off to Bush and take off.

# 52 cdon2k @ 11/26/09 11:59 AM
Well, with all of the hype going around about Madden Arcade, I forgot about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Tour

Checked it out from my store and played a few games and saved 15$. Madden Arcade should be $9.99

# 53 jyoung @ 11/26/09 04:15 PM
Nah, this game is much better than NFL Tour.

NFL Tour was an abomination when it came out and still sucks just as bad today. If you want to pick up a game from the Street franchise, get NFL Street 2 for the Xbox.

NFL Tour was a huge step back for the franchise, and the poor sales from that game are part of the reason why the Street brand got shut down by EA.

You are right, though, that Madden Arcade should've been $5 or $10 at best. $15 is complete overkill for what little content the game has to offer.

# 54 Von Dozier @ 11/26/09 05:34 PM
Tried it for 5 minutes. Terrible.

I'll stick with the PS2 NFL Street games if I need a fix.

# 55 ODogg @ 11/26/09 06:25 PM
Played the crap out of it last night, the game's a blast and well worth the $15 IMO. Although I'm surprised they didn't just put it at $10.

# 56 JayBee74 @ 11/26/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Played the crap out of it last night, the game's a blast and well worth the $15 IMO. Although I'm surprised they didn't just put it at $10.
I Agree-my brother bought the PS3 version, but was over today and we played my Xbox 360 Madden Arcade.You can definitely play D. I even like the single player mode on AllPro. $15 for a video game in 2009-hardly highway robbery. I've played ever arcade football created-this is the best by far.

# 57 JayBee74 @ 11/26/09 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
There is co-op for up to 4 players, though all players have to be on the same console.

I'm guessing the max you can go is 2 per side, but I haven't tested it to confirm.

That said, I definitely don't recommend this game for $15.

Save your money and pick up a copy of Blitz 2001, NFL Street, Tecmo Super Bowl et al.

Heck, you could probably get all three of those for the same cost as Madden Arcade.
Yeah, I guess three pieces of crap is better than one good game. Quantity over quality.

# 58 JayBee74 @ 11/27/09 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis7907
I started playing it offline, and was amused for a while. After playing online, I love the game though. It's a simple game, but its additively fun and good when you want to play a quick game. The roster update is nice, but im wondering how they rated players, and what each players rating is.
Trying to defend the run is tough unless you BLITZ (LB) and shed block with your defensive linemen (there's only one for those that haven't played the game) to the opposite side of the BLITZ. I tried regular pass defense and controlling Ray Lewis, but my skill level rendered me ineffective. Appears to be a big difference in Pro (mandatory in Ranked games) and All Pro from a defensive stand point.
I'd also like a look at the player ratings in this game, and also the ability to edit players (available in the very similar Wi version). Once again well worth the $15!

# 59 JayBee74 @ 11/27/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Tried it for 5 minutes. Terrible.

I'll stick with the PS2 NFL Street games if I need a fix.
You need to try harder if you take NFL Street over this game.

# 60 TOMillr @ 11/28/09 08:42 AM
Since you can't access the option menu in the demo. Could someone maybe post which options are available? Can you turn down the background music during the game for instance?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.