Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some potential features for the upcoming NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"A survey distributed by EA may have provided some insight into improvements and new features that are being considered for NCAA Football 11. The questionnaire asks for a selection of the top three out of 13 choices. Included are things like an Athletic Director mode with stadium creator, authentic team entrances, and ESPN style TV presentation. While there is no guarantee any of the options will make it in the game it does stand to reason that some of them will."

Without question, the 3 I'd like to see. Locomotion, college specific gameplay and ESPN style presentation. Given the choices Pasta posted, what would you like to see?

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bmore7 @ 12/03/09 10:59 AM
So they have all year to work on this game and their only considering 3 improvements? Of all the possible improvements out there, we get a "possible" choice of 3?
I dont get it.

# 102 Cubone_Jones @ 12/03/09 04:16 PM
With a coaching carousel would that mean coach names would be in the game? I know that is another feature all together on this list, but it would be really stupid if MISSOURI COACH is coaching at Stanford or something.

I don't completely understand some of the other suggestions either. How would streamline play calling or last minute changes work?

Does anyone else think that an AD Mode would be a HORRIBLE use of their time? I also really dislike Signature Coaching Plays and play from QB POV.

Here is how I would rank them.

1. Locomotion
2. ESPN Presentation
3. Coaching Carousel
4. Real Coaches
5. College Specific Gameplay
6. Authentic Styles of Play
7. Team Entrances

Realistically I'd like to see these 7 in the game. I don't care much for the rest.

# 103 Bellsprout @ 12/03/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore7
So they have all year to work on this game and their only considering 3 improvements? Of all the possible improvements out there, we get a "possible" choice of 3?
I dont get it.
They'll probably try to get as many as they can in, but the survey helps create a list of priorities so they know which ones have the most interest from the public.

# 104 Hova57 @ 12/03/09 04:27 PM
I think they knew the answer to this question when they posed. They know all of them should make it. I'm sure they came here and read the reply to this. I think alot of the presentation is covered using madden 10 engine or codes . I would say its pretty clear that an athletic director mode will be in the game. Which i would think would include the carousel and some of the other dynasty related features. I think the physics thing is the more interesting possibility put up. i really think they could have had madden like presentation last year , but madden team wanted to show off what they had done. something tells me though that was easy intergration i think they had that done by time the game shipped. the gameplay additions i think is a no brainer

# 105 starsuper10 @ 12/04/09 02:17 PM
My top three:

1. Locomotion
This needs to be included for 2011 to have any success.

2. ESPN Style Presentation
I'm not a big fan of team entrances or band specifics. I usually skip past that stuff. I'd rather see TV style presentation with some focus on Pre-Game match ups, players to watch and etc.

-On a side note... For me commentary plays into presentation as well. I love what NBA 2k10 did as far as relaying in-season stats and how well players are playing during the season. I don't think it should be pulled from real world stats but from actual stats and what not within your own on or off-line dynasty.

3. Coaching Carousel
I'd like to think real coaches and authentic styles of play will fall under this feature.

# 106 Bellsprout @ 12/04/09 03:34 PM
I remember in 06 for PS2 when Corso would put on the mascot's head of the team he picked before the game.

I want that back. If you're going to integrate ESPN, and you have to at this point given what the Basketball game did, bring us some sort of College Gameday integration as well.

# 107 yanks26ngoin @ 12/04/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I remember in 06 for PS2 when Corso would put on the mascot's head of the team he picked before the game.

I want that back. If you're going to integrate ESPN, and you have to at this point given what the Basketball game did, bring us some sort of College Gameday integration as well.
Agreed, I have no clue why they took that out. Little things like that go a LONG way in making a games presentation good.

# 108 BamaBoy88 @ 12/04/09 05:27 PM
Definitely would like to see new presentation and coaching carousels but also only if they will have the actual coaches in the game.

# 109 Bellsprout @ 12/04/09 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
I'm all for better presentation and espn integration, but I think the majority would agree that the less Corso the better.
What if we got him out of the booth and all he did was the mascot head thing?

Perfect scenario, as far as i'm concerned.

I really think their commentary should be the Saturday Night Football guys. I've always thought it's weird when they mix commentators that aren't actually in the booth together, like Hammond and Collinsworth in Madden (Did they do Notre Dame games together? Is that why they're paired together in Madden?).

# 110 OMT @ 12/04/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Agreed, I have no clue why they took that out. Little things like that go a LONG way in making a games presentation good.
I'm pretty sure Corso still puts on the mascot head on NCAA 10 for the PS2.

# 111 Crimsontide27 @ 12/05/09 12:03 AM
Why is coaching carousels such a big hit with alot of you? I have never seen a sports game in 20 years matter what coach was coaching whatever team.

I just dont understand the appeal. What sports game does it really matter who is coaching? Most games the coaches are generic anyways and the ones , like college hoops, only give you more recruiting points or stats boost that equates to nothing.

The game, as it stands now, is broken in so many ways that I just dont see this feature meaning much at all.

# 112 Solidice @ 12/05/09 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Why is coaching carousels such a big hit with alot of you? I have never seen a sports game in 20 years matter what coach was coaching whatever team.

I just dont understand the appeal. What sports game does it really matter who is coaching? Most games the coaches are generic anyways and the ones , like college hoops, only give you more recruiting points or stats boost that equates to nothing.

The game, as it stands now, is broken in so many ways that I just dont see this feature meaning much at all.
Legacy mode in College Hoops was great, part of which was because of the coach carousel. even if it had generic name/coaches, it would be better than seeing "PSU Coach" coach at Penn State for 60 years.

# 113 MrOctober430 @ 12/05/09 12:26 AM
Quote:

Maybe people hate seeing "PSU Coach" coach for 50 years.

# 114 MrOctober430 @ 12/05/09 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I'm pretty sure Corso still puts on the mascot head on NCAA 10 for the PS2.
Don't know why it can't be in for the 360/PS3. Too much work? or too busy with Season Showdown?

# 115 imraged @ 12/05/09 12:36 AM
Quote:

College Hoops' coaching ratings were probably the biggest part of career mode.

As long as the things that go along with having a unique coach were implemented -- for example Ron Zook is a great recruiter but not a good gameday coach; Houston Nutt is the opposite; some coaching staffs might be able to get good recruits but don't develop their talent well -- then it would be huge for the realism of dynasty mode. At worst it would curb the tendency for schools like Ohio and San Diego State to become national powerhouses.

I'd say the coaching carousel and more realistic recruiting/scouting and player development are the major things missing from dynasty. It'd be nice to get all of that in but 1/3 ain't bad.

# 116 GMoney423 @ 12/05/09 01:29 AM
All of the features i see on that survey are awesome, especially the added playcalling authenticity, locomotion and all the AD-style features that will shake up dynasty mode a bit, which I'm always in favor of. But in the name of all that is holy, WHY DOES PLAYBOOK EDITING CONTINUE TO BE IGNORED?! Definitely my most missed feature from the PS2 versions, and it isn't even close. I miss my playbooks with every single ridiculous and/or old school formation the game has to offer (Maryland I? yes please).

# 117 19 @ 12/05/09 11:23 AM
1. ESPN Presentation
2. Locomotion
3. Team specific entrances, even if there are only 30.

And please EA, on the roster file, PLEASE let us edit in double numbers or use double numbers for players in franchise, I've been wanting that for a really long time.

# 118 Skyboxer @ 12/05/09 05:43 PM
Could care less about features until we get better on the field gameplay.

# 119 Palo20 @ 12/06/09 12:50 AM
1. Locomotion
2. Authentic Team Styles
3. ESPN/CBS Presentation
4. No Huddle/Spread Full Playbook Use and Animations.

# 120 canes21 @ 12/06/09 04:41 AM
I'm a little late to the pary, but those should all be in the game by now.

Anyways for me...

1. Locomotion
2. Authentic Team Styles with Full Playbook Use and Animations(How can you split those up? Makes no sense)
3 .Presentation

Also, it would be nice to be able to upgrade my facilities and stadium when I win 4 Titles in 10 years with Wyoming.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.