Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some potential features for the upcoming NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"A survey distributed by EA may have provided some insight into improvements and new features that are being considered for NCAA Football 11. The questionnaire asks for a selection of the top three out of 13 choices. Included are things like an Athletic Director mode with stadium creator, authentic team entrances, and ESPN style TV presentation. While there is no guarantee any of the options will make it in the game it does stand to reason that some of them will."

Without question, the 3 I'd like to see. Locomotion, college specific gameplay and ESPN style presentation. Given the choices Pasta posted, what would you like to see?

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Watson @ 12/06/09 02:52 PM
Locomotion
Coaching Carousel
AD Mode (Am I the only person on this site who would kill to make a * Teambuilder team to a ****** Florida, expanding my stadium as I go?

Also, In AD mode, could you update unis as you go along? If so, I would owe my life to that game

# 122 Cusefan @ 12/06/09 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Locomotion
Coaching Carousel
AD Mode (Am I the only person on this site who would kill to make a * Teambuilder team to a ****** Florida, expanding my stadium as I go?

Also, In AD mode, could you update unis as you go along? If so, I would owe my life to that game
I think an AD mode would be amazing. The better you do the more money you make, Ask Alumni for Money for a new Practice Facility or a stadium Upgrade. I want the Ability to set prices on everything, Expand advertising to expand your market to make more money. If they made the Presentation good with a solid AD mode, I Fear I would forget what the sun looks like.

# 123 coachk75 @ 12/06/09 04:34 PM
1. Athletic Director Mode with Stadium Builder

2. ESPN Presentation

3. Coaching Carousels

# 124 miami2005734 @ 12/06/09 07:02 PM
They should have more than just ESPN peresntation who wants to watch the bcs national championship with ESPN peresntation?Add FOX Sports, ABC,CBS Presentation.
Add team Real enterences like Miami Hurricanes running out behind Sebastian with their signature smoke, or Oregon who is lead out by Donald Duck on a motorcycle. Clemson who runs down a hill and touches Howard Rock.

# 125 Watson @ 12/06/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I think an AD mode would be amazing. The better you do the more money you make, Ask Alumni for Money for a new Practice Facility or a stadium Upgrade. I want the Ability to set prices on everything, Expand advertising to expand your market to make more money. If they made the Presentation good with a solid AD mode, I Fear I would forget what the sun looks like.
And you'd still play the games right?

# 126 yanks26ngoin @ 12/06/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
And you'd still play the games right?
Yes. The AD mode would sort of be like Madden's Owner Mode the way it first was but college based. Born4Corn had a nice big write up on it a while back. B4C and I were the biggest proponents of it back in the late NCAA 09 days when we were starting out the wishlists for NCAA 10. Then B4C's write up seemed to get alot more people on board, which I think is why the development team is looking at it right now.

# 127 mrlux @ 12/06/09 10:22 PM
I think a feature they should add should be in the player edit option to manually assign a player as a the IMPACT PLAYER. We see far too often where there is a breakout player on a team that EA didnt expect to perform like they have. I think being able to assign/change who your impact players are would be pretty cool. For example Toby Gerhart #7 for Stanford is obviously a breakout player this year and is considered to be in the 5 for the Heisman by most but he was not "projected" to be a IMPACT PLAYER by EA analysis. Being able to edit this can put more realistic type feel to each team.

# 128 Watson @ 12/07/09 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Yes.

# 129 Palo20 @ 12/07/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlux
I think a feature they should add should be in the player edit option to manually assign a player as a the IMPACT PLAYER. We see far too often where there is a breakout player on a team that EA didnt expect to perform like they have. I think being able to assign/change who your impact players are would be pretty cool. For example Toby Gerhart #7 for Stanford is obviously a breakout player this year and is considered to be in the 5 for the Heisman by most but he was not "projected" to be a IMPACT PLAYER by EA analysis. Being able to edit this can put more realistic type feel to each team.
I like this idea. I'd also like to be able to sort players by class (so you can easily see the best FR QBs for instance).

Also, let's bring back the very user friendly screen from last gen that broke down your roster by class and showed how many players were on the roster. It was always visible at the player edit screen.

# 130 bruingreg @ 12/07/09 10:28 PM
1)Locomotion
2)gameday Atmosphere
3)Do something with the crowd attendance......not every game is a sellout in real life, but in NCAA10 they are, why?

# 131 canes21 @ 12/08/09 12:10 AM
I know I have already posted, but....

Make bowl games matter in AD mode. Teams get money for making a bowl, let us get money in AD mode to spend on unis, coaches, facilities, etc.

Coaching carousel is a must. In 2k8 a coach left in my dynasty and you saw the best players leave early for the NBA and you saw top recruits decommit or lose a ton of interest. Lets see that.

And I want to see some presentation thats awesome. Better crows, authentic entrances, etc.

I want locomotion and I don't need to explain why.

Basically I want it all lol and everyone does too I assume. I hope EA really tries this year and gets us most of those.

# 132 twl221 @ 12/08/09 12:33 AM
I think if they put in the aspects of NFL head coach 09 it'd be amazing, heck I wouldn't care so much about graphics/game play for a year.

# 133 kindella2 @ 12/08/09 12:06 PM
ESPN Presentation
Coaching carosel
Downloadable uniforms not in the game release

# 134 KG @ 12/08/09 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Why is coaching carousels such a big hit with alot of you? I have never seen a sports game in 20 years matter what coach was coaching whatever team.

I just dont understand the appeal. What sports game does it really matter who is coaching? Most games the coaches are generic anyways and the ones , like college hoops, only give you more recruiting points or stats boost that equates to nothing.

The game, as it stands now, is broken in so many ways that I just dont see this feature meaning much at all.
Not only what Solid said but the fact that in CH2K8 when coaches left they took their new style with which is very realistic.

# 135 Lava @ 12/08/09 12:51 PM
Really, if they just focused on the things on that list the game would improve immensely and receive a lot more praise on these boards. Hopefully this signifies a change in the thought process on selecting features for the new games and we don't see anymore features like Season Showdown or half-finished ones like the bands.

Either way, I like that they are attempting to get feedback from the community.

# 136 da ThRONe @ 12/08/09 03:03 PM
Coaching should be the theme for 11. So the carousel is a must for this year. OC and DC as well as computer generated replacement, ages, schemes, recruiting strengths and weakness, and coaching ratings just to name some.

# 137 da ThRONe @ 12/08/09 03:05 PM
What is "Make last minute changes based on what you see"? But we need atleast 7 of those things to caught this game up. Locomotion is huge aswell.

# 138 santeria49 @ 12/09/09 12:14 PM
Just to be quite frank, most of the things on that list should already be in NCAA. The money spent on Erin Andrews and Season Showdown should have been spent on development resources for these type things.

But, I guess if I had to pick just 3 though, it would be:

1. Real-life coaches & Coaching carousel (the carousel is basically worthless without real-life coaches, in my mind these two are linked)
2. Locomotion/physics
3. Presentation

# 139 da ThRONe @ 12/09/09 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santeria49
Just to be quite frank, most of the things on that list should already be in NCAA. The money spent on Erin Andrews and Season Showdown should have been spent on development resources for these type things.

But, I guess if I had to pick just 3 though, it would be:

1. Real-life coaches & Coaching carousel (the carousel is basically worthless without real-life coaches, in my mind these two are linked)
2. Locomotion/physics
3. Presentation
As long as you can edit them and name them like the players Im good with that and they need to have ratings.

# 140 da ThRONe @ 12/09/09 12:49 PM
And they need to add player tendencies to the list. Basketball has been on this for three or four years now football needs to catch up. There is nothing better than D-Wade playing like D-Wade. Conversely there is nothing worst than having Tyrod Taylor playing like Jimmy Clausen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.