Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"The first update mostly talked about some of the planned Gameplay fixes but we've also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Replays and Scriptables. The uniform updates include updating the Seattle Seahawks' home uniform to default their home pants to be blue instead of white as well as adding in their new eye popping Neon Green uniforms that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears. We've also added tribute stickers to the Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and the Eagles' helmets for former Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson.

Some more updates that we have made based on the community feedback center around Replays. We've doubled the amount of time a replay could be recorded so longer plays, such as kick/punt returns or long interception/fumble returns would not have the beginning part of the play cut off. We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough. Other updates include reducing the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement scene will trigger during the game and extending the time that we are in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early. The user will still of course be able to button through these if they want.

Finally, our resident Franchise guru Josh Looman, has been working hard at tuning stats for Franchise mode. He has increased the number of touchdowns HB's score in a season, decreased QB passing yards and touchdown passes per season, and increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's while decreasing sacks for MLB's and DT's. He has also decreased the injury chances for players with high injury ratings."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Skuxx24 @ 12/03/09 08:34 PM
Everyone stop the b******* we can't control when the patch comes out we just have to wait out even more. It is frustrating i have to admit it has been three months. But what can we do it"s not in our control.

MS/Sony didint put it up yet if anything be mad at them the dev team this time has nothing to do with it.

Just everyone be calm im sure it would be here soon.

But one poster theory off delaying it near till xmas to boost sales seems pretty convincing now.

# 182 roadman @ 12/03/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
Grismosw, I go along with what your saying completely. I play Madden because I have no other NFL options, because when I did, i was playing 2k5. I do enjoy Madden, but what I can no longer figure out is why so many of us keep excusing EA for the short comings of this game, even though its been 20 yrs in the making. I do believe that waiting for these patches kind of takes the so called Wind Out of My Sails, seeing is that im in the mood now to play football, being that the season is in full swing. But in one month the playoffs start, and before you know the season is over.
It's because we were happy with the Sega Genesis offerings. I remember staying up all night long with the college buddies and repeating all the sayings of Madden. He'll remember that number, boom, etc....... Life was much simpler when Madden first came out. We didn't fuss about a LB covering the flats, wr/db interraction, QB pocket forming, etc.... Our group of friends didn't care, all we wanted to do was have fun and have bragging rights.

As the years have grown by, people are expecting more realism with newer technology. There's nothing wrong with that, either.

Times changes, technology changes.

Will this trend continue for the next 20 years or will the industry go back to the simpler life?

# 183 bkrich83 @ 12/03/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Don't bother dude. They're going to whine regardless. They enjoy it too much.
Exactly. No matter what happens they are going to complain. Same cast of characters every year.

# 184 michapop9 @ 12/03/09 10:07 PM
I know everyones tired of exclusivity, Maddens ok but we need more choices. This may not do too much but its worth a try, 115 people have already left there signature and thoughts on why they want the exclusive license to go away, it doesnt hurt to try so go there and sign!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...n.cgi?xclusive

# 185 kehlis @ 12/03/09 10:34 PM
I can't believe that hasn't been done before.

# 186 KBLover @ 12/04/09 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
The present. I am just not a spoiled kid who wants everything now. EA does not have to do anything once they have our money. It's that simple.
So why are they bothering to patch the game? To be nice?

Businesses typically aren't in the business of be nice for the sake of doing so.

I'm willing to bet they are doing so just for what another person said, to try to improve the satisfaction of the Madden players so that those who are unsatisfied will become moreso and those that are will be OMGLOLWUT happy with the game and come next year, the game will be met with even more warm anticipation.

There's nothing "spoiled" about wanting an update that could very well improve the gameplay experience, especially when the developers say they are making one.

No one is talking about a perfect game. The definition of such would be difficult to come to a consensus to anyway, even if it were possible to achieve in a single year.

What people are talking about is wanting a game with fewer glitches, exploits, and problems.

I don't see what's "spoiled" or otherwise unreasonable about that.

# 187 i3man @ 12/04/09 06:53 AM
The patch is out for PS3, it's 182MB. To be honest I don't see much difference, passes to the flats which were supposed to see a big improvement in coverage don't seem any different.

# 188 Skyboxer @ 12/04/09 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Exactly. No matter what happens they are going to complain. Same cast of characters every year.
Got that right. Just wish most of them would do what they say and not buy the game the following year.

# 189 roadman @ 12/04/09 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsRox10
Passes to the flats are not patched and still very exploitable
Interesting. Some in the patch thread said they can tell some difference.

# 190 CreatineKasey @ 12/04/09 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsRox10
Passes to the flats are not patched and still very exploitable
I can't trust unfounded comments like these. Usually evidence, examples, and a real explanation is necessary. Not all plays defend the flats. The guy could be running a zone blitz or cover 0 for all we know and getting torched in the flats... like he's supposed to.

# 191 CreatineKasey @ 12/04/09 09:40 AM
That's why I can't believe what I read without further explanation unless it's someone I know a little more. We've got a guy who seems to know what he's talking about (gator-something) is mentioning some better zone adjustment.

I think, like someone else mentioned, that cover 2 will now be a riskier defense to run with the CB's playing closer toward the line. Throwing right after the chuck on a streak/corner should be super wide open. Not a problem to me... cover 2 SOFT can be the adjustment.

# 192 Jistic @ 12/04/09 10:25 AM
Just a simple question. Anyone that plays the Bears in franchise, is every game still in the afternoon with long shadows even though it's a noon start?

Thanks.

# 193 Felipe526 @ 12/04/09 05:33 PM
Is the rb still not able to scramble while throwing in wildcat?

# 194 DonkeyJote @ 12/04/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe526
Is the rb still not able to scramble while throwing in wildcat?
They've said they weren't going to change that for balance reasons.

# 195 SubZero97 @ 12/05/09 03:15 AM
Thats a lie. Zone kills me and I get several picks with zone. They pick off everything.

You guys are totally forgetting this small thing called attributes.

Some of your players suck in zone and have low awareness, so dont expect them to be picking any and everything off.

You guys do understand that several factors go into when a player reacts to a play and rather its a big play or not.

The Qb accuracy might just throw it over the guy in zone, the guy in zone might be average, he might be tired.

You guys want every play to go your way. And its obvious you dont watch football.

In real life, I guess no1 can complete a pass in zone, because LB are so great, that you cant ever complete a pass.

You guys want a fanatsy not a video game.

You players arent gonna be Hall of Famers at every position, pick off every pass that comes there way, react perfectly to every thrown ball for the pick.

SOme of you come off as kids who dont watch football, but love videogames.

The game wont be perfect, but its playable and still a good game, but some of these complaints are just ridiculous.

# 196 Felipe526 @ 12/05/09 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
They've said they weren't going to change that for balance reasons.
well thats bull. now i have no reason for making vick an rb because he'll just get sacked

# 197 DonkeyJote @ 12/06/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe526
well thats bull. now i have no reason for making vick an rb because he'll just get sacked
Well, if you run a pass out of it, you should throw the ball. If you call a run play, you can run. They didn't want it to turn into Madden 04 where people just ran around with their fastest players all the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.