Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"The first update mostly talked about some of the planned Gameplay fixes but we've also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Replays and Scriptables. The uniform updates include updating the Seattle Seahawks' home uniform to default their home pants to be blue instead of white as well as adding in their new eye popping Neon Green uniforms that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears. We've also added tribute stickers to the Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and the Eagles' helmets for former Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson.

Some more updates that we have made based on the community feedback center around Replays. We've doubled the amount of time a replay could be recorded so longer plays, such as kick/punt returns or long interception/fumble returns would not have the beginning part of the play cut off. We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough. Other updates include reducing the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement scene will trigger during the game and extending the time that we are in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early. The user will still of course be able to button through these if they want.

Finally, our resident Franchise guru Josh Looman, has been working hard at tuning stats for Franchise mode. He has increased the number of touchdowns HB's score in a season, decreased QB passing yards and touchdown passes per season, and increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's while decreasing sacks for MLB's and DT's. He has also decreased the injury chances for players with high injury ratings."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hassan Darkside @ 11/30/09 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
In franchise mode, will the tribute stickers disappear after this season or will they be permanent fixtures?
Since it's an art file, I'm going to assume they're going to be permanent. Not a big deal to me though.

# 42 muggins @ 11/30/09 09:05 PM
So nothing about making linemen stats matter?

# 43 steelernation28 @ 11/30/09 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
In franchise mode, will the tribute stickers disappear after this season or will they be permanent fixtures?
I was wondering that myself, but yeah not a big deal.

# 44 HolyCrap @ 11/30/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Please explain.

Based on the patch notes I've read, I do feel EA will deliver what they wrote. Do you know something about the patch that we don't?
EA has a history of writing things down that they will put in the game but then they fail to do so im just pointing that out.

No word on if this will correct the poor run blocking

# 45 Millennium @ 11/30/09 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
EA has a history of writing things down that they will put in the game but then they fail to do so im just pointing that out.

Research, please. Or are you just going on the words of "everyone else".

If you are going to complain, at least back your complaints up. I want to see where they put in words something GUARANTEED (Not "We'll try") and didn't deliver.

If you can't do that, I would wholeheartedly suggest you staying out of this thread and moving on to the Gripe thread, where "flock mentality" is welcome.

# 46 roadman @ 11/30/09 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap

Ok, but this thread is about patches or title updates, isn't it? I'm just pointing that out as well.

# 47 Jump @ 11/30/09 09:42 PM
Mad props for the draft info.

This sentence has me worried - "We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough."

In my experience, I have never seen a replay triggered after a TD, so I'm guessing increasing the frequency won't do anything when they were never working to begin with. Guess we'll see.

# 48 roadman @ 11/30/09 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump

This sentence has me worried - "We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough."

In my experience, I have never seen a replay triggered after a TD, so I'm guessing increasing the frequency won't do anything when they were never working to begin with. Guess we'll see.
If you are using hardcore playcalling, you won't receive many replays at all. Try putting the playcalling on advance.

# 49 crob8822 @ 11/30/09 09:53 PM
Thanks for the patch update, I am looking forward to starting my offline franchise.
Right now I am enjoying my 2009-10 nba 2k10 basketball season.

# 50 I0I HaVoK I0I @ 11/30/09 09:54 PM
Man i hope they release the patch by the end of the week so i can start my chise already lol

# 51 huskerwr38 @ 11/30/09 09:54 PM
wonder if they fixed the fatigue animation glitch where the guy starts stuttering as he's running down the field on a long run?

# 52 StillFunkyB @ 11/30/09 10:02 PM
Looking forward to this.

So far the only thing that has really annoyed me is how quickly the CPU snaps the ball. I think I read that was going to be adjusted in the first blog about patch #2.

I haven't gotten too deep into the game, but so far I really like it compared to last year.

# 53 crumpled_heap @ 11/30/09 10:03 PM
When does the patch come out?

# 54 crob8822 @ 11/30/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
When does the patch come out?
It was never mentioned in the information from ea on their websight, hopefully it will be soon.

# 55 Jump @ 11/30/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you are using hardcore playcalling, you won't receive many replays at all. Try putting the playcalling on advance.
I know. Been using advanced the whole time. On 360 if it matters.

# 56 BroMontana82 @ 11/30/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
Looking forward to this.

So far the only thing that has really annoyed me is how quickly the CPU snaps the ball. I think I read that was going to be adjusted in the first blog about patch #2.

I haven't gotten too deep into the game, but so far I really like it compared to last year.
very good question. i thought EA may have mentioned this somewhere maybe?

# 57 sportskid84 @ 11/30/09 11:00 PM
Why are people worried about franchise stats so much?

# 58 PhillyJim76 @ 11/30/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
Why are people worried about franchise stats so much?
Everybody wants different things from this game, offline solo franchise players like to have realistic simulated stats to add an additional level of realism to the game.

# 59 DLaren @ 11/30/09 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.
Thanks for the update Dewiel, it's good to see franchise mode getting some attention in this patch. You may not have been made aware of this, but I figured I'd ask you anyway.

Often times when a patch is made for a game there will be a few 'hotfixes' sprinkled in that don't necessarily get included in the patch notes.

Are there any other facets of the game that may have been tweaked and/or updated that did not get mentioned in the blog? I don't own Madden'10, but as a potential customer I was kind of hoping something would be done to correct some of the CPU A.I. issues that I've read so much about (play-calling, decision-making, etc.).

Any additional information would be appreciated, thanks.

# 60 PlatooN @ 11/30/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump

i was thinking the same. after reading this i thought maybe i was the only one without auto instant replay..lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.