Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"The first update mostly talked about some of the planned Gameplay fixes but we've also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Replays and Scriptables. The uniform updates include updating the Seattle Seahawks' home uniform to default their home pants to be blue instead of white as well as adding in their new eye popping Neon Green uniforms that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears. We've also added tribute stickers to the Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and the Eagles' helmets for former Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson.

Some more updates that we have made based on the community feedback center around Replays. We've doubled the amount of time a replay could be recorded so longer plays, such as kick/punt returns or long interception/fumble returns would not have the beginning part of the play cut off. We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough. Other updates include reducing the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement scene will trigger during the game and extending the time that we are in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early. The user will still of course be able to button through these if they want.

Finally, our resident Franchise guru Josh Looman, has been working hard at tuning stats for Franchise mode. He has increased the number of touchdowns HB's score in a season, decreased QB passing yards and touchdown passes per season, and increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's while decreasing sacks for MLB's and DT's. He has also decreased the injury chances for players with high injury ratings."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tooldude79 @ 12/01/09 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
dude, i totally skimmed over that line when reading the blog earlier..thanks for the feedback!

# 82 JaymeeAwesome @ 12/01/09 09:50 AM
Basically between the most recent blog and the one from a month ago it listed all the fixes that will be in this title update. There may be more than what these two blogs mentioned but not less. It's a very important update and most of the madden community will enjoy all the work EA put into this....atleast I have.

# 83 roadman @ 12/01/09 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Wrong, stadium sounds were promised twice:

from the gamer's guide - August 13
http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.a...Id=gamersguide

o Specific presentation when statistical records are broken
o Re-designed ticker that also drives dynamic stats
8. Audio improvements -
o Brand new crowd audio system with new reaction logic as well as crowd swells during mid-play. Intelligent crowd sweeteners (individual people yells and sfx) along with team-specific chants.
o All new player chatter and QB cadences
o NOTE: Listen in surround sound to hear the full effect of what we've done to amp up the stadium atmosphere. The crowd surrounds you and the sounds of excited fans pop from all angles, leaving you with a very live stadium feel.

It was also in the gameshark developer Q&A:

http://www.gameshark.com/features/60...eloper-Q&A.htm

"To add to this, we have all kinds of stadium-specific chants in the game as well – so now you’ll hear the chants that make you feel like you really are in that hostile opposing environment – such as “J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!” and “E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!”

Then in the blog released after the 1st patch, they said what you mentioned.

These sounds were a big deal to me and are sorely missing from the game. They have been in every other Madden to date and add so much to the presentation.

I have been patiently waiting for them to be delivered in the 2nd patch, but I am disappointed again.
I don't know how much clearer to be on this.

This thread is discussing the 2nd title update. All I'm saying it was never promised/guaranteed regarding putting the sound effects in a title update.

I don't care outside the patch parameters. That's not what this thread is about.

# 84 brza37 @ 12/01/09 10:26 AM
You're right roadman, it was not guaranteed that stadium specific sounds would be in a title patch. It was however guaranteed that they would be in the game. Seeing as this is most likely the final patch for M10 alot of people expected the lack of stadium specific sounds to be addressed.

People are allowed to discuss what made it into patch 2 as well as what did not make it into it whether it was promised for the initial game, patch 1 or patch 2 right? I mean title updates don't stand on their own they, are something that are added to a title so people should be allowed to discuss the entire title and the promises/expectations for the title when talking about the second update, right?

Now if someone were to complain about Wookie-Mode not being in the second patch then I'd agree with you and say Wookies have nothing to do with the topic and shouldn't be discussed in this thread. But we're not talking about Wookies we're talking about something that was planned but accidentally missing from the game and whether it was promised for a patch or not it is still relevant.
The moral of the story is Wookies are never not relevant.

# 85 north dallas @ 12/01/09 11:07 AM
Anyone know if they fixed the glitch where it rains in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium when the roof is closed? I don't recall it being addressed in either patch.

# 86 roadman @ 12/01/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
You're right roadman, it was not guaranteed that stadium specific sounds would be in a title patch. It was however guaranteed that they would be in the game. Seeing as this is most likely the final patch for M10 alot of people expected the lack of stadium specific sounds to be addressed.

People are allowed to discuss what made it into patch 2 as well as what did not make it into it whether it was promised for the initial game, patch 1 or patch 2 right? I mean title updates don't stand on their own they, are something that are added to a title so people should be allowed to discuss the entire title and the promises/expectations for the title when talking about the second update, right?

Now if someone were to complain about Wookie-Mode not being in the second patch then I'd agree with you and say Wookies have nothing to do with the topic and shouldn't be discussed in this thread. But we're not talking about Wookies we're talking about something that was planned but accidentally missing from the game and whether it was promised for a patch or not it is still relevant.
The moral of the story is Wookies are never not relevant.
I'm only going on post #33 in this thread. Based on that post, I don't agree with what you are saying.

# 87 Simp @ 12/01/09 11:15 AM
I hope all of you complaining about being "promised" things that weren't delivered enjoy receiving less and less updates prior to release of games and patches, because this is exactly what you are encouraging here. Why would the team want to release info on upcoming products when the community will only use it against them in the future?

# 88 swiftychampleone @ 12/01/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I hope all of you complaining about being "promised" things that weren't delivered enjoy receiving less and less updates prior to release of games and patches, because this is exactly what you are encouraging here. Why would the team want to release info on upcoming products when the community will only use it against them in the future?
Hey wait a second, isn't that how products and services are sold? A person states what their product can do and the consumer buys that based upon what it was stated to do and expects that benefit? So we can misrepresent the products we sell and it's all good without worrying about legal action? If that how it works, then apparently I'm working in the wrong damn business.

Seriously, I'm HIGHLY impressed with EA's job on the gameplay fixes. It looks like the team went all out to try to fix the issues. If they improve presentation and don't let these problems occur again, we'll have the best football game since NFL 2K5/Madden 05 when Madden 11 comes.

# 89 DonkeyJote @ 12/01/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
The tribute stickers are a nice touch. But they are completely unnecessary. Especially if they carry on in multiple seasons.

Also wondering if the Browns brown pants will be in the game since the Seahawks got the green jerseys that they have worn ONCE.

And about the twitchy running, I think the first patch caused this. I dont remember this being there until after the first patch.

Overall though, the stat tuning is prob the biggest draw for me. And the tuning of CPU QBs releasing the ball to avoid the sack.

And stadium sounds? in Madden? Really not needed.
I hope they added the brown pants for cleveland (ironically, a few years ago everyone wanted the brown pants to be taken out of the game).

I hope they fix the Jags pants, though I doubt it. The stripe on the road pants in Madden is more teal, when it's more white in real life. Not a huge deal. Doesn't really hurt my enjoyment of the game, however. And they are in the first year of the new unis.

# 90 brza37 @ 12/01/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Why would you want info on upcoming products that might not be correct?

Ok, I'm gonna stop cuz I don't wanna get banned. The issue wasn't even mine to begin with. I was just providing the statements that were asked for by the mod that someone else didn't provide.

I liked the interaction with the devs and find it a shame how some people berated them on the boards too. I don't understand why anyone has to get upset about it and why there can be no middle ground instead of having to be either pro or anti. What happened to constructive criticism? Thats what the interaction was all about.
Bottom line is its just a game and although not perfect it is still a very good one imo.
I will no longer discuss issues in this thread that are not specifically mentioned in this blog:
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...e-details.aspx

# 91 Simp @ 12/01/09 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Hey wait a second, isn't that how products and services are sold? A person states what their product can do and the consumer buys that based upon what it was stated to do and expects that benefit? So we can misrepresent the products we sell and it's all good without worrying about legal action? If that how it works, then apparently I'm working in the wrong damn business.
You are correct. I just get a little tired of reading people complaining about feature lists and updates not being released early enough, and then when the devs do release the feature lists and something ends up missing from the final version, people jump all over them.

We need to understand that the earlier the feature lists are released, the more likely that it won't be 100% representative of what ends up in the final product. You can't have it both ways. There are too many of us who have our expectations way out in left field.

For the record, I'm also impressed by what the team has been able to do this year with the game, and the subsequent updates.

# 92 swiftychampleone @ 12/01/09 12:31 PM
Quote:
You are correct. I just get a little tired of reading people complaining about feature lists and updates not being released early enough, and then when the devs do release the feature lists and something ends up missing from the final version, people jump all over them.

We need to understand that the earlier the feature lists are released, the more likely that it won't be 100% representative of what ends up in the final product. You can't have it both ways. There are too many of us who have our expectations way out in left field.

For the record, I'm also impressed by what the team has been able to do this year with the game, and the subsequent updates.
I hear where you coming from. I think EA needs to step away from even saying things that may not happen so they can cover their behind, that way people can't jump on them. The stadium sounds should be there regardless. It was in the last-gen Maddens (01-07) on PS2 and XBox. Why is not in the current-gen systems, I have no idea. No reason for us to go on the route, starts a whole new, but really old argument.

I can understand the complaints about the updates taking too long. The NFL season will be over by the time the patch arrives, which is sad. That may hurt casual gamers, but a person like me can play Madden all year. Which wouldn't hurt me since I usually wait for a game to drop to $35 before buying anyway. ($65 is a joke for any game)

The only thing people can do now is either accept the update for what it is or don't buy it all and hope for Madden 11.

# 93 KBLover @ 12/01/09 01:13 PM
Quote:
Then they should put in what they say will be in the game. Otherwise, they should say stuff AFTER it's in the game. I.e. they put feature X in Madden 11, come to the community saying "You guys will be excited about feature X!" That way it's already in the game, THEN hype it up.

I mean, why release a list of 20 things release info if only 5 of them will be in the game? What's the point of that? What else is that game's community going to think when they see so many things "left out" from the original list?

If you hype up your product and it doesn't deliver on most/all of the hype, expect the consumers of that product to be disappointed "justified" or not.

I don't think EA should get to have it "both ways" either. Put out a list of a bunch of stuff, only a little bit of the list gets in, and then we just say "it's okay because we know feature lists aren't 100% accurate."

I would rather be "encouraging" later, but more accurate feature lists than "early long lists of exciting features and only about 1/4 of it will be in" sort of mentality.

# 94 Bellsprout @ 12/01/09 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
That was purposely done to try to fix the terrible pursuit angles. Which I hope they got rid of.
So, logically, if pursuit angles are fixed so is the stuttering running?

I may have to buy Madden again.

# 95 Skuxx24 @ 12/01/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
So, logically, if pursuit angles are fixed so is the stuttering running?

I may have to buy Madden again.

I just hope with this that more solo tackles happen. Because gang tackles happen way to frenquently. Has anyone noticed when a gang tackle happens no one get a solo tackle?? In the NFL the first person to make contact with the ball carrier always get the solo tackle but in this no one gets a solo only assited tackles.??

# 96 northface28 @ 12/01/09 02:16 PM
I hope the cpu QB doesn't get sacked too much now. Overall, I am happy with the patch, most notably the flats being fixed a lot of guys are going to have to retire from online now that flats have been fixed.

# 97 mattlanta @ 12/01/09 02:40 PM
Does anyone know if this patch fixes the unrealistic number of tackles that the CPU defenders get every season?

# 98 roadman @ 12/01/09 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Does anyone know if this patch fixes the unrealistic number of tackles that the CPU defenders get every season?
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...ng-update.aspx

This was posted Sept 10th.

# 99 cdon2k @ 12/01/09 03:05 PM
Ughhh, I want the patch now.... Ready to play!

# 100 NBASLAM2001 @ 12/01/09 03:09 PM
Is the cornerbacks only getting 10 tackles a season fixed?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.