Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

It's looking more and more like we won't see a patch for NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
"NCAA Basketball 10 released to little fanfare and with what has appeared to be minimal support from EA Sports. That brought about the question of whether the game would even receive a patch. EA has provided patches for all their yearly titles however the feeling surrounding NCAA was that it may not receive the same post-release support.

I have been informed that there is currently no plan to provide a patch for NCAA Basketball 10."

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DJ @ 12/03/09 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokiisthename
I PM'd BlackFlash about the status of if a patch is coming out or not. And this is his reply to me.

"Thanks for the PM.

First off I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game. The team worked hard to improve the gameplay and add elements that re-create a college basketball experience. While it's unfortunate that the team as of now has no plan for an update that doesn't mean that there won't be one later. Anything could happen but unfortunately as of now there is no plan for an update.

Another thing as well it's not the intention of the development team or EA to abandon any of you guys. You all make it possible for us to make all the sports games we love to play. The issues surrounding NBA LIVE 10 were big enough that it has pulled members of the NCAA team onto NBA LIVE. With the second update coming very soon for LIVE who knows what could happen. Just know that I will notify all of you once anything is heard regarding NCAA Basketball."

So its not a "definite no" for a patch. I guess we just have to wait for it and see. Thank you very much mr. BlackFlash for relaying this info.
Nice to see he responded to you. I still wouldn't hold out hope for a patch.

Only thing I could see happening is they decide to patch this thing if they decide to release another Tournament Edition like last year.

# 62 Hova57 @ 12/03/09 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Nice to see he responded to you. I still wouldn't hold out hope for a patch.

Only thing I could see happening is they decide to patch this thing if they decide to release another Tournament Edition like last year.
See i disagree if they pulled staff for live and ncaa have similar issues its very well that that same patch or parts of it could make it to ncaa and they haven't put it into code for ncaa yet.
So i read nba glitch thread had no idea so f , sucks got this game for my son for christmas..lol.
anywho i think ncaa has some of the same glitches i don't think as bad, but freezing, goaltending and ot issues , ball falls loose inside . i think ncaa team avoid alot of the issues

# 63 jadert @ 12/03/09 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Why mention about a game that is not coming out?
I think the major reason for CH2K not being developed is because of the lack of sales/recooperation of their money; however, the price point makes a difference I believe. Just ask Sony with their PS3

# 64 ehh @ 12/03/09 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
I think the major reason for CH2K not being developed is because of the lack of sales/recooperation of their money; however, the price point makes a difference I believe. Just ask Sony with their PS3
According to 2K it's because the CLC raised the price of their license too high for it to make financial sense to continue the series.

# 65 Pared @ 12/03/09 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
According to 2K it's because the CLC raised the price of their license too high for it to make financial sense to continue the series.
Correct. Nothing to do with "lack of sales" at all.

No one here has any idea how much profit was made on that series. At all.

# 66 jordanreid2000 @ 12/03/09 02:34 PM
Boy I am glad I read this thread. I have been obsessing over getting this game but was scared away by freezing issues. I guess IF I get it, I will wait until a possible patch comes out. By then maybe the price will have dropped also.

# 67 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/03/09 02:54 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1051170p1.html

This write up says nothing about NCAA but, it does say that EA is cutting it's games to 40 and maybe 30. They have about 50 titles right now, so this may be the cutting of a lot of those games and it may be why some guys are not working on their respective games anymore.

# 68 ehh @ 12/03/09 02:56 PM
Could be a good thing for other EA games if they stop spreading themselves too thin and pool their resources. Makes you wonder why guys were moved off of Live's dev team though. But back to the original point, this is yet another sign that this is the finale hurrah for NCAA Basketball.

# 69 Pared @ 12/03/09 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1051170p1.html

This write up says nothing about NCAA but, it does say that EA is cutting it's games to 40 and maybe 30. They have about 50 titles right now, so this may be the cutting of a lot of those games and it may be why some guys are not working on their respective games anymore.
If they kill the Mirror's Edge sequel I'm going to be really pissed.

# 70 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/03/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If they kill the Mirror's Edge sequel I'm going to be really pissed.
Haha, I forgot you liked that game.

Sorry off topic a little.

And continue...

# 71 jsg @ 12/04/09 12:19 PM
i bet there will be a patch in February before march madness

# 72 therizing02 @ 12/04/09 04:55 PM
If there is anything that is driving me absolutely insane about this game it's the lack of foul calls on the CPU.

I drive, get the ball inside, and do just about anything to draw fouls and it's just not happening. I average about 4 free throws per game. Unacceptable.

A patch for that and I would be in CBB heaven.

# 73 HustlinOwl @ 12/04/09 06:06 PM
try authentic's slider set, problem solved

# 74 deadlyCane @ 12/05/09 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
If there is anything that is driving me absolutely insane about this game it's the lack of foul calls on the CPU.

I drive, get the ball inside, and do just about anything to draw fouls and it's just not happening. I average about 4 free throws per game. Unacceptable.

A patch for that and I would be in CBB heaven.
What difficulty level do you play on and what are your settings for the following:

- SHOOTING FOUL FREQ.:
- REACH-IN FOUL FREQ:
- CHARGE/BLOCK FOUL FREQ.:
- IN-AIR COLLISION FOUL FREQ.:

# 75 jbrew2411 @ 12/05/09 09:11 PM
Don't know if this has been said. I never once saw a ad for the game during the EA Sports Maui Inv. Tourment. That would have been a great time to push the game but all I saw was Live and all EA Sports games ads but even in those MM10 was left out. Not sure what EA hopes will happen with this game.

# 76 Jason2112 @ 12/07/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Don't know if this has been said. I never once saw a ad for the game during the EA Sports Maui Inv. Tourment. That would have been a great time to push the game but all I saw was Live and all EA Sports games ads but even in those MM10 was left out. Not sure what EA hopes will happen with this game.
Yep, I noticed that too about the Maui Invitational. Maybe EA knows it's a faulty product? Freezes too much.

# 77 HustlinOwl @ 12/07/09 08:25 PM
If it freezes, so much how come I have only had one in my dynasty and about to end conference play

# 78 Glenn33 @ 12/07/09 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
If it freezes, so much how come I have only had one in my dynasty and about to end conference play
Your disc was made on machine A. All the other discs were made on Machine B.

# 79 Jagmas @ 01/15/10 10:26 PM
I just want the game to save my roster lineup and let me use it after its been set in game. You'd have thought that would have been tested. Geez! Its a PITA to swap people around after you spent the preseason setting your starters and second team the way you want, not the way the CPU thinks it should be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.