Home
Backbreaker News Post

Check out the official fact sheet for Backbreaker. We've also included 5 more screenshots.

Quote:
"Setting a new standard in football video games, Backbreaker rushes the genre with a new playbook for hard‐hitting action. Players take control of an unmatched on‐field experience boasting realistic, physics‐based AI for an endless variety of unique sacks and tackles, making canned animations a last‐season memory. With crisp high‐definition graphics and a third‐person camera angle that follows the perspective of the ball handler, Backbreaker puts players in the heart of the game. Rookies can easily pick‐up‐and‐play thanks to Backbreaker’s intuitive Arcade Mode control scheme, while veteran players can enjoy the game’s more difficult Pro Mode that turns off AI assists.

Featuring 11 versus 11 matches, Backbreaker also boasts online multiplayer for up to four players and split‐screen multiplayer modes. With total team customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone, Backbreaker is how football was meant to be played on next‐gen consoles. Players can hit the gridiron with Backbreaker for Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 platforms in spring 2010."

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 121 CreatineKasey @ 12/09/09 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeazy
That's such a selfish short term outlook. Who are you gonna play against? in two years when they don't make another game and they stop supporting online (APF). I would rather play the cpu than the same est. 10-15 OSers. It's not like you don't recognize their tendencies just like you would AI.
"Chess match" would be pick the play and set controller down. Turn based. Stick skills/AI weigh too much for video game football to be comp to chess. Especially when it takes months to subjectively define money plays, cheese, sim players. What part of chess is that.
Lack of NFL was a factor but no franchise killed it in my book and others(see polls).
Hopefully this game looks at APF and goes the other way. Why not learn from their mistakes and see the Big picture.
Why shouldn't I be selfish for what I want? Aren't I the one who is paying for this product? Wouldn't I want what I want in it? I don't think I'm in the vast minority by any means, but it's just an opinion. I will definitely push for my "selfish" wants in a game like this... just like franchisers do. We all should, we are the consumers. I see no point in sacrificing things I like to help some other potential consumer if I have the choice.

We aren't the ones who necessarily decide in the end, but I just make sure my voice is heard so people know there ARE numerous people who have this viewpoint. If a few of us didn't speak up it'd be all franchise talk in here.

I think Backbreaker will fail if it doesn't get gameplay down. If they have a multi-season mode that matches EA's, they still fail with no NFL and weaker gameplay. They need that thing to play outstanding to get anywhere and I think that's where their focus should be.

# 122 Phobia @ 12/09/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
That's such a selfish short term outlook. Who are you gonna play against? in two years when they don't make another game and they stop supporting online (APF). I would rather play the cpu than the same est. 10-15 OSers. It's not like you don't recognize their tendencies just like you would AI.
"Chess match" would be pick the play and set controller down. Turn based. Stick skills/AI weigh too much for video game football to be comp to chess. Especially when it takes months to subjectively define money plays, cheese, sim players. What part of chess is that.
Lack of NFL was a factor but no franchise killed it in my book and others(see polls).
Hopefully this game looks at APF and goes the other way. Why not learn from their mistakes and see the Big picture.
What are you talking about. Many of us are still playing APF. I still play daily. Also what are you talking about it being "selfish"??? How is it selfish for me to like something one way??? Just because it is not your way you call it selfish.

I want a certain kinda of game. If it is not like the one you want then that makes me selfish. That is quite strange to me. I don't think it is selfish for some of these guys to want franchise. I might think it not the correct route to go for a first time title. But I don't remotely think it is selfish for someone to want something they like.

On to the "chess match" topic. APF is very chess match like. Plays work how they do in real life. Someone keeps running a certain play you can play call correctly as a real coach would and adjust to defend the play. This is not so much the case in madden. Then APF has the whole build a team thing. Which brings in a whole other element of chess like. You have to see what kinda of team you are facing, what kinda of team you have, and how to attack the team. Who are their star players you have to shut down or watch out for.

If I see I am facing Dan Marino, I know getting pressure on him is going to be very tough with his quick release. So I hope I have a secondary good enough to be able to cover their wideouts. Where if I am facing Warren Moon and I see they have Rocket Ismal at WR. I will make darn sure I play soft more often than not and not allow Warren Moon to use his Rocket arm ability to beat me deep.

So while you might not understand the game APF enough. It is a lot different than the fashion you are describing it.

# 123 Phobia @ 12/09/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Why shouldn't I be selfish for what I want? Aren't I the one who is paying for this product? Wouldn't I want what I want in it? I don't think I'm in the vast minority by any means, but it's just an opinion. I will definitely push for my "selfish" wants in a game like this... just like franchisers do. We all should, we are the consumers. I see no point in sacrificing things I like to help some other potential consumer if I have the choice.

We aren't the ones who necessarily decide in the end, but I just make sure my voice is heard so people know there ARE numerous people who have this viewpoint. If a few of us didn't speak up it'd be all franchise talk in here.

I think Backbreaker will fail if it doesn't get gameplay down. If they have a multi-season mode that matches EA's, they still fail with no NFL and weaker gameplay. They need that thing to play outstanding to get anywhere and I think that's where their focus should be.
Looks like we were thinking same thing here KC. Never been called selfish before for wanting a game I like. LOL new one to me.

# 124 gbeazy @ 12/09/09 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
What are you talking about. Many of us are still playing APF. I still play daily. Also what are you talking about it being "selfish"??? How is it selfish for me to like something one way??? Just because it is not your way you call it selfish.

I want a certain kinda of game. If it is not like the one you want then that makes me selfish. That is quite strange to me. I don't think it is selfish for some of these guys to want franchise. I might think it not the correct route to go for a first time title. But I don't remotely think it is selfish for someone to want something they like.

On to the "chess match" topic. APF is very chess match like. Plays work how they do in real life. Someone keeps running a certain play you can play call correctly as a real coach would and adjust to defend the play. This is not so much the case in madden. Then APF has the whole build a team thing. Which brings in a whole other element of chess like. You have to see what kinda of team you are facing, what kinda of team you have, and how to attack the team. Who are their star players you have to shut down or watch out for.

If I see I am facing Dan Marino, I know getting pressure on him is going to be very tough with his quick release. So I hope I have a secondary good enough to be able to cover their wideouts. Where if I am facing Warren Moon and I see they have Rocket Ismal at WR. I will make darn sure I play soft more often than not and not allow Warren Moon to use his Rocket arm ability to beat me deep.

So while you might not understand the game APF enough. It is a lot different than the fashion you are describing it.
Selfish in the way that you want what you want and thats all that matters. I don't play online sports for my reasons but I can definitely see why some people do. If BB didn't have online it would fail. They Need online in the game. It is a must. I can see that because I'm not thinking short term or selfishly. You can't see the importance of Franchise because it's not what you want/like
You discredit franchise and say its only because of no NFL that APF didn't do numbers. For the greater good of BB if it is to last past one year with a handful of people playing it better not think like you(APF). We know they're not getting NFL.
I just read that APF are shutting down their league servers. Selfish is following the same path as a overall failure to get what you want.
You like Apf build a team thing and I thought it was interesting too. But I want to have them for more than one game/year. I want to play the first year and then add missing/better pieces in the offseason.

# 125 Skyboxer @ 12/09/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
Selfish in the way that you want what you want and thats all that matters. I don't play online sports for my reasons but I can definitely see why some people do. If BB didn't have online it would fail. They Need online in the game. It is a must. I can see that because I'm not thinking short term or selfishly. You can't see the importance of Franchise because it's not what you want/like
You discredit franchise and say its only because of no NFL that APF didn't do numbers. For the greater good of BB if it is to last past one year with a handful of people playing it better not think like you(APF). We know they're not getting NFL.
I just read that APF are shutting down their league servers. Selfish is following the same path as a overall failure to get what you want.
You like Apf build a team thing and I thought it was interesting too. But I want to have them for more than one game/year. I want to play the first year and then add missing/better pieces in the offseason.

You make absolutely no sense. Who doesn't want a game to be "What THEY want" when THEY are throwing down the $.
I'm not going to go out and buy a game because it's made the way you want... WTF?
In that same mindframe aren't YOU being selfish then for wanting the game the way YOU want it.

# 126 gbeazy @ 12/09/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You make absolutely no sense. Who doesn't want a game to be "What THEY want" when THEY are throwing down the $.
I'm not going to go out and buy a game because it's made the way you want... WTF?
In that same mindframe aren't YOU being selfish then for wanting the game the way YOU want it.
no i'm not selfish, I can appreciate online modes and their importance in a game even if I don't play them. Selfish people can't see the importance of anything except for what they want. Does that make sense.
Everyone wants what they want, and BB should try (money wise)to please all of those wants. If they don't want to follow the lonely of path APF. Does that make sense.
BB would be better served trying to get your $ and my $. That is why they are making the game right. APF got your $ but gamestop got my $. They alienated in my opinion the majority(offline) and satisfied the minority(online only). Does any of this make sense.
It's all about $.

# 127 sb24 @ 12/09/09 01:32 PM
I have come to the conclusion that this gaming generation is way to demanding and will never be satisfied. I am really starting to wonder why some of these guys are even playing a football game. Reading through what is being demanded of this game and the UFC game, i am now in the boat that thinks that deveolper interaction is a bad thing. Lets make sure we have a good game a football so that year 2 only has to focus on a franchise mode.

# 128 gbeazy @ 12/09/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I have come to the conclusion that this gaming generation is way to demanding and will never be satisfied. I am really starting to wonder why some of these guys are even playing a football game. Reading through what is being demanded of this game and the UFC game, i am now in the boat that thinks that deveolper interaction is a bad thing. Lets make sure we have a good game a football so that year 2 only has to focus on a franchise mode.
That's my concern, will there be a year 2? Some don't seem to care about year two. They just care that they get what they want how,when,where they want it (selfish). A precedence has been established in APF of what not to do when trying to release a football game. And APF had history/fans/large company behind it, BB is in for a uphill battle to say the least. IMO to gear this first one for online only players would be a franchise killer (APF). They should make it for both(unselfish).

# 129 Phobia @ 12/09/09 01:50 PM
Quote:
no i'm not selfish, I can appreciate online modes and their importance in a game even if I don't play them. Selfish people can't see the importance of anything except for what they want. Does that make sense.
Everyone wants what they want, and BB should try (money wise)to please all of those wants. If they don't want to follow the lonely of path APF. Does that make sense.
BB would be better served trying to get your $ and my $. That is why they are making the game right. APF got your $ but gamestop got my $. They alienated in my opinion the majority(offline) and satisfied the minority(online only). Does any of this make sense.
It's all about $.
Like skyboxer said, you make ZERO sense. You called me selfish for saying I wanted the game like APF just with better tackle engine. But because I did not reiterate that I also would like franchise, extras modes, etc that tagged me as selfish. You know that guy who digs a hole and does not know when to stop talking and just keeps digging. Yup, thats you.

For the last time. I stated that I want Backbreaker to have a online system similar to APF. Then I stated that they need to work on gameplay first over anything else such as franchise mode.

Does that mean I think franchise should NOT be added???? NO, I think franchise is a MUST but it should come after gameplay has been perfected enough that the game is enjoyable to play.

My god some of you just like to argue just for the sake of it. Like Sb said, I truly feel young kids now a days are so spoiled with how games are in this day and age that they have these outrageous expectations. Then when it does not happen they do the "stomp my feet and cry for attention" that you see every year in the madden boards.

I have been apart of OS since 01 (different name). OS has always felt like family cause everyone had the same interest in sports. Everyone was also adult like in the discussions. Just in the last couple years has OS had this big trend with kids bashing so often. You see them attack the devs, attack members, and just flat out complain sooooo much. Reminds me of that little spoiled kid that cries until his parents gives in. I suggest those parents knock those same kids down a peg and send his ungrateful *** to a 3rd world country with no games or luxuries.

End of rant.

# 130 gbeazy @ 12/09/09 02:16 PM
Quote:
Like skyboxer said, you make ZERO sense. You called me selfish for saying I wanted the game like APF just with better tackle engine. But because I did not reiterate that I also would like franchise, extras modes, etc that tagged me as selfish. You know that guy who digs a hole and does not know when to stop talking and just keeps digging. Yup, thats you.

For the last time. I stated that I want Backbreaker to have a online system similar to APF. Then I stated that they need to work on gameplay first over anything else such as franchise mode.

Does that mean I think franchise should NOT be added???? NO, I think franchise is a MUST but it should come after gameplay has been perfected enough that the game is enjoyable to play.

My god some of you just like to argue just for the sake of it. Like Sb said, I truly feel young kids now a days are so spoiled with how games are in this day and age that they have these outrageous expectations. Then when it does not happen they do the "stomp my feet and cry for attention" that you see every year in the madden boards.

I have been apart of OS since 01 (different name). OS has always felt like family cause everyone had the same interest in sports. Everyone was also adult like in the discussions. Just in the last couple years has OS had this big trend with kids bashing so often. You see them attack the devs, attack members, and just flat out complain sooooo much. Reminds me of that little spoiled kid that cries until his parents gives in. I suggest those parents knock those same kids down a peg and send his ungrateful *** to a 3rd world country with no games or luxuries.

End of rant.
Now this makes ZERO sense. 3rd world country? I'm discussing not arguing. I agree gameplay is important. As is online and as is offline. They should have noted these things on their fact sheet. Not sure about the young kids things being that I'm grown (30+) You don't see me complaining,crying,stomping feet about shoes, jerseys, face masks, etc, because I grew up playing, 10 Yard Fight, Tecmo Bowl so all of this Natural Motion stuff is beyond my dreams. I;m saying don't make APF's mistakes. Do the grown up thing, learn from the mistakes of others.

# 131 Phobia @ 12/09/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Now this makes ZERO sense. 3rd world country? I'm discussing not arguing. I agree gameplay is important. As is online and as is offline. They should have noted these things on their fact sheet. Not sure about the young kids things being that I'm grown (30+) You don't see me complaining,crying,stomping feet about shoes, jerseys, face masks, etc, because I grew up playing, 10 Yard Fight, Tecmo Bowl so all of this Natural Motion stuff is beyond my dreams. I;m saying don't make APF's mistakes. Do the grown up thing, learn from the mistakes of others.
I was not directing the entire topic to you. My mistake for wording it in that way. The start of the post about selfishness was directed to you. Then I started talking about just the general atmosphere here on OS has changed over the course of years and just kids now a days.

# 132 turftickler @ 12/09/09 09:01 PM
Quote:

End of rant.
Amen to that! No common sense nor respect for other posters.
For instance, yesterday I posted that I have never drank alcohol or smoked anything and a couple guys started calling me a liar and then it turned into religious debate. LOL.

# 133 t11 @ 12/10/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505

Can you please tell me what you are talking about? I was refering to the length of time this game has been in development well over 2 years and to be technical this game has been rumored for 4 to 5 years. I have been a member of the backbreaker forums for since 2006. I was simply trying to point out the fact that there has been plenty of time to have a season/franchise mode and a game that plays well to all the people who think that the only thing should be done in this game is gameplay. I have high hopes for this game. Please read the entire thread before posting something as dumb as this.
You made it sound like it because its been 4 to 5 years, gameplay must be good. And I'm saying, thats just not true.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.