Home
News Post

EA has released the patch for Fight Night Round 4. Post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 clivo1050 @ 12/05/09 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Same with me last night. I fought one guy who was ranked 4th. He completely destroyed me, but he was spamming. I just can't take out those skilled aggressive guys. I did go with one guy who was ranked around the 40's. His name is II SubZero. I went 10 rounds and he knocked me out in the tenth. He was aggressive, but not too heavy. He later sent me a message, "run B****, run." I replied that he should at least respect me. He claims all I did was run around the ring. I was simply trying to defend myself.

My last fight I went 8 rounds, lost the first four rounds but turned it around. I knocked him out in the 8th. That was very rewarding looking at the cards after the fight. I had to stop there. Those guys in the 100's are just very hard to beat.
I'm still in the top 200 in heavyweight OWC and i've played very seldom the last 3 months. I fight as sim as they come, nearly everyone I play calls me a runner. I call it sim, using movement and not throwing 200 punches a round. The patch made some good changes, but it is still too easy to cheese successfully.

On top of that, it is near impossible to find a match anymore. Today, I couldn't find a match for 30 minutes!!! I ended up just playing the computer.

# 62 DaveDQ @ 12/06/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
I'm still in the top 200 in heavyweight OWC and i've played very seldom the last 3 months. I fight as sim as they come, nearly everyone I play calls me a runner. I call it sim, using movement and not throwing 200 punches a round. The patch made some good changes, but it is still too easy to cheese successfully.

On top of that, it is near impossible to find a match anymore. Today, I couldn't find a match for 30 minutes!!! I ended up just playing the computer.

I noticed that too. It's taken a while for a matchup to be made. One thing you have to compliment FN4 on is the online accessibility. You can be fighting in minutes of booting the game up 9if people are out there to fight).

# 63 BlueNGold @ 12/07/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Hi Guys ,
I just rebought it for $19.99 but my biggest question is on the new DL boxers is there audio presentation for them like Oscar , B Hop ect ?
If not is it really worth it as they look almost as good as CAB I can DL for free .
Thanks
Not sure about the first pack of fighters but the latest pack with B-Hop, Liston and Holyfield doesn't have commentary from what I've read here.

On another note, I'm so pissed right now. Somehow, my disc has a nice, perfect scratch that goes halfway around the bottom of it. I don't know if it was my 360 that did it by itself while I was playing or if I maybe shook the 360 by accident without knowing because it is on a stand but now I have to get this thing fixed. I need my Fight Night fix.

# 64 gmac0322 @ 12/07/09 11:13 AM
Hi i was going to pick this up from best buy. i have a 360 and ps3 and i was wondering which one i should get it on. I am not trying to start a console war I was just wondering how the game plays on both?

# 65 gmac0322 @ 12/07/09 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Dont know but it plays great on ps3 no issue but i only play offline
ok thanks. I am probably going to play mostly online too because of the online cheesers. did you do the boxing downloads?

# 66 utexas @ 12/07/09 11:34 AM
I played three ranked fights last night with a random guy. We played 3 in a row, i won 2 of them. They all went to decisio and my one lost was on a split decision. He threw over 250 haymakers per fight. Pre patch I would have been KO'ed in the 3rd or 4th rd of each fight, but with the improved movement and the stamina hit for haymakers, I was able to fight instead of brawl and win all the late rounds.

# 67 gmac0322 @ 12/07/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
I played three ranked fights last night with a random guy. We played 3 in a row, i won 2 of them. They all went to decisio and my one lost was on a split decision. He threw over 250 haymakers per fight. Pre patch I would have been KO'ed in the 3rd or 4th rd of each fight, but with the improved movement and the stamina hit for haymakers, I was able to fight instead of brawl and win all the late rounds.

cool, sounds very good. are there a lot of good CAB's to download?

# 68 acarrero @ 12/07/09 12:27 PM
The game definitely plays different. Overall, it's a very good thing. However, I've fought twice against a friend of mine and both times he was awarded what I consider to be very controversial decisions. The first one he probably won, but it was a boring fight with nobody getting stunned or knocked down. The second I thought I clearly beat him, again no knockdowns, but he was somehow given a split decision, although one judge had it in my favor 116-112! What I've noticed is the fights are more realistic now, which is both good and bad - expect more real-life-like controversial decisions and less KO's. Again, overall, it's exactly what we had been asking for.

# 69 DaveDQ @ 12/07/09 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
expect more real-life-like controversial decisions and less KO's. Again, overall, it's exactly what we had been asking for.
That's a good point. I had one last week that made be use a few choice words. It is nice to see matches going 8-10 rounds.

# 70 Phobia @ 12/07/09 01:12 PM
You guys should know you never see me on here complaining about cheese. I can take or compete with most cheese to the level of just out boxing them using a strategy.

Well last night I crossed a cheese move in WC that made me want to break this guys legs. I am not positive on how he built his fighter. But I am just guessing all his points went to head movement and any other attribute that helps with the counter windows.

He literally hit me with ONLY counter window shots the whole match. Not only was it often but it was almost every single punch I threw would open up a counter punch window for him. Like I said I did not look over his ratings but all I can say is I have NEVER faced something like this.

It was crazy. It got to the point where I just ran from him for like 3 rounds throwing no punches just to frustrate him. Basically a stab at him for making such a boring excuse of a fighter. This guy was even getting counter window shots on me when I even through body punches. It was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

My other 4 or 5 matches were great. Some spammers that went down easy after a few rounds of them wasting punches and a couple sim guys. All in all for having the game so long and this is one of the few cheese things I have come across of. I am happy with the patch so far.

# 71 CaptainZombie @ 12/07/09 02:16 PM
I haven't played this game since last August due to the issues that were out of the box. Has the stamina issues been fixed now since we are on patch #2? for $19, I wouldn't mind picking this up again.

How are the button controls now that they were implemented earlier in the fall? For some reason the analog sticks just didn't feel right with this game but in FNR3 they were fine for me.

# 72 phant030 @ 12/07/09 03:16 PM
IMO game is worth the 60 i paid for it. Before the patches. Even better now.

# 73 CurryStorm @ 12/07/09 04:03 PM
I rented this game (PS3 version) when it first came out and liked it but held off buying it. I'm thinking about buying it now that some patches have come out. I have skimmed through this thread and some of the fixes mentioned get me excited about the game again.

However, my main problem with the game was when you created custom boxers and inserted them into legacy mode, the custom boxers would switch head photos: i.e. if I created my brother and created Paul Williams, when I begun my legacy and looked at fighter rankings, etc. my brother would have Paul Williams' photo (head) and Paul would have my brother's. If I was to actually fight my created Paul Williams in legacy mode, he would look like I created him- it was just the "schedule" photo that would be messed up. I remember when I rented it that I inserted about 10 custom fighters and only about 1 of them maintained their correct photo when inserted into legacy mode.

Inserting custom fighters into legacy mode is my main draw to this game so I would still hold off buying it unless this has been fixed. Sorry if this has been addressed but I haven't read too much about this game since August, just skimmed through this thread.

On one last note, I know about the DLC fighters you can get, but have there been any more hair types added through the patches and/or DLC? Thanks.

# 74 BlueNGold @ 12/07/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
I rented this game (PS3 version) when it first came out and liked it but held off buying it. I'm thinking about buying it now that some patches have come out. I have skimmed through this thread and some of the fixes mentioned get me excited about the game again.

However, my main problem with the game was when you created custom boxers and inserted them into legacy mode, the custom boxers would switch head photos: i.e. if I created my brother and created Paul Williams, when I begun my legacy and looked at fighter rankings, etc. my brother would have Paul Williams' photo (head) and Paul would have my brother's. If I was to actually fight my created Paul Williams in legacy mode, he would look like I created him- it was just the "schedule" photo that would be messed up. I remember when I rented it that I inserted about 10 custom fighters and only about 1 of them maintained their correct photo when inserted into legacy mode.

Inserting custom fighters into legacy mode is my main draw to this game so I would still hold off buying it unless this has been fixed. Sorry if this has been addressed but I haven't read too much about this game since August, just skimmed through this thread.

On one last note, I know about the DLC fighters you can get, but have there been any more hair types added through the patches and/or DLC? Thanks.
I don't have an answer for your first question but if your talking about hair types for CAB, no they haven't.

# 75 JayBee74 @ 12/07/09 11:32 PM
The online game has improved considerably. In five unranked matches I experienced no punch spamming or getting "stuck". One player inexplicably tried to spam head movement but I was able to beat him.

# 76 acarrero @ 12/08/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
I rented this game (PS3 version) However, my main problem with the game was when you created custom boxers and inserted them into legacy mode, the custom boxers would switch head photos: i.e. if I created my brother and created Paul Williams, when I begun my legacy and looked at fighter rankings, etc. my brother would have Paul Williams' photo (head) and Paul would have my brother's. If I was to actually fight my created Paul Williams in legacy mode, he would look like I created him- it was just the "schedule" photo that would be messed up. I remember when I rented it that I inserted about 10 custom fighters and only about 1 of them maintained their correct photo when inserted into legacy mode.

They fixed that issue, at least for the 360, in the first patch.

# 77 DaveDQ @ 12/08/09 11:02 AM
I just had one of the most rewarding fights since I started playing the WC mode. The fight went 9 rounds, and in all of those rounds I was able to keep my punches at 82%! That's insane. The reason why is because he was spamming and throwing haymakers. I would step back, let him go crazy and step back in with a body jab and straight. Around the fith round he got frustrated and threw 3 consecutive headbutts...LOL...

By the time the 7th round came, I got more aggressive. Of course, he had that crazy up/down block thing going and he got me with a counter and knocked me down. In round 9 my stamina was still nearly peaked. He was lifeless. I knocked him down twice in the 9th and that was it. The totals showed that he landed 45% of his punches and I landed 82%.

Even in the round that he knocked me down it was scored 9-8...lol

Love it.

# 78 Phobia @ 12/08/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
I just had one of the most rewarding fights since I started playing the WC mode. The fight went 9 rounds, and in all of those rounds I was able to keep my punches at 82%! That's insane. The reason why is because he was spamming and throwing haymakers. I would step back, let him go crazy and step back in with a body jab and straight. Around the fith round he got frustrated and threw 3 consecutive headbutts...LOL...

By the time the 7th round came, I got more aggressive. Of course, he had that crazy up/down block thing going and he got me with a counter and knocked me down. In round 9 my stamina was still nearly peaked. He was lifeless. I knocked him down twice in the 9th and that was it. The totals showed that he landed 45% of his punches and I landed 82%.

Even in the round that he knocked me down it was scored 9-8...lol

Love it.
Tight!

Dave lets try and hook up for a fight or so tonight.

# 79 DaveDQ @ 12/08/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Tight!

Dave lets try and hook up for a fight or so tonight.
I should be good for tonight. My wife is out of town, so I'm available around 8:30.

# 80 Phobia @ 12/08/09 01:25 PM
Quote:
I should be good for tonight. My wife is out of town, so I'm available around 8:30.
Sounds like a plan. When I get home and get settled down. I should be able to get on around 6pm central time. I will hit you up if I see you on.

Later bro

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.