Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

The second patch for NBA Live 10 is now available for 360 and PS3 owners. Please post your impressions here.

This quote from blackflash83, NBA Live Community Manager.

Quote:
"The second title update will address a lot of the bugs that came from the first update as well as address the three point issue that has been plaguing online play. The online fatigue issue will also be fixed as well.

It will also look to address some of the freezing issues that some of you have run into as well."
EDIT: Adding what the patch addresses:

-Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.
-Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.
-Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values
-Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/08/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I wish there were more animations so the CPU wouldnt have to keep forcing the ones there like

http://www.easports.com/static/110.1...ediaplayer.swf flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/nba10/20601375/752A0001_4_FLV_VIDEO_xFd.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14202262&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">EA Sports: slide
Def need more animations. That didn't look very good. Oh well, what ya gonna do?...

# 62 coachlenny @ 12/08/09 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
Wang has somewhat ruined the game I think. 09 was cool. Just need animations. 09 with animations and improved graphics would have been a beautiful thing! Please more people who have the game....is the 3point glitch fixed??
I dont think so. the game to me is waaayyy better than 09. Im happy Wang is there. Hopefully by next year they can have the rest of the game fleshed out. I think they have a good springboard with this game. Hopefully they set a bar next year. This current game needs a ton of animations and more personalized styles. the threes seem to be fixed or at least not as crazy. Played online today and the guy shot 17 3s with Mo Williams and hit 6 of them but i was letting get most of those shots.

# 63 championmvp @ 12/08/09 09:15 PM
the glitch is not fixed.just played against mo williams. 37 points all treys or foot on the line. nobody on the team shot a lay up or dunk. pathetic

# 64 ehh @ 12/08/09 09:17 PM
Yeah, I put in 09 the other week - not a pretty sight.

# 65 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/08/09 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah, I put in 09 the other week - not a pretty sight.
Seriously, I don't see how anyone can say this game is worse than 09. That's just a joke...

# 66 jdareal21 @ 12/08/09 09:33 PM
I hate to sound like a prick but if I do, oh well. The bottomline is, no fix, or patch can stop the way somebody plays. If someone chooses to cheese, it's difficult to do anything about that.

Take for instance, the Steve Nash, Mo Williams 3 pt cheeser. Now, if they only shoot a reasonable amount of 3's, within the flow of the offense, you WILL see something close to real life percentages. On the other hand, if they choose to shoot 70 3's with those guys, what is the game supposed to do about that? They're good shooters in real life, so a good amount of those probably will go in, you can't punish the ratings system because someone abuses it.

Run some double teams, try different matchups but most importantly, when they miss, make sure you don't. I guarantee you, the game will be much closer now than it was pre-patch. They HAVE addressed it, but they still have to stay true to the player's abilities. If someone chooses to abuse that, it's not the developers fault, it's the fault of that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way, and that's who you should be angry with. Not everyone wishes to play sim, even if we do

# 67 Wiffyjustus @ 12/08/09 09:34 PM
Had time for a quick game...

Didn't change the world or anything. Just fixed the glitches it seems.

It was an perfectly enjoyable game. Don't know if I noticed anything different. It's nice to be able to play with a bit more confidence now knowing the glitches should have been pretty much ironed out.

I lost, but felt I was beaten fairly, just poor offense from myself. But this is nothing new, it is how live was before.

All individual issues aside... overall it still rewards you for playing basketball rather than a video game.

(e.g Yes, the post is vanilla, but I can still feed it to the post, draw the double then kick it out to the open man.)

Not an exciting update. Just a glitch fixer.

# 68 joel0078 @ 12/08/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
I really really hope this 3point glitch it fixed. Wang has somewhat ruined the game I think. 09 was cool. Just need animations. 09 with animations and improved graphics would have been a beautiful thing! Please more people who have the game....is the 3point glitch fixed??
You have no idea what you're talking about. 09 and 10 are 2 totally different games. Yes, some things were better in 09, but MOST things are better in 10.

Rockchisler: I do find it very confusing that the demo was released 1 month before the official game was, and within that month, they had time to address a host of complaints that were provided as feedback from this very community, in the form of a patch. Granted I don't have personal knowledge of how long it takes to build a patch or make a game, it doesn't make sense to me that they could take the feedback of a demo and build the initial patch within a months time, there should be no reason why they couldn't do the same to address some of the new problems caused by the first patch.

To the people asking if the 3 point glitch has been fixed: There are numerous people here who have already stated the game doesn't feel or play much different from the previous patch. However, it would help if there was a list of things this patch addressed, so that way we could look out for the suttle changes that might otherwise be overlooked. Having said that, and IMO, I don't notice any difference in the game after the second patch....3 POINT CHEESE INCLUDED and still in full affect, as observed in my most recent online game. It may finally be time to pick up 2K this year.

# 69 jrose57 @ 12/08/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
You have no idea what you're talking about. 09 and 10 are 2 totally different games. Yes, some things were better in 09, but MOST things are better in 10.

Rockchisler: I do find it very confusing that the demo was released 1 month before the official game was, and within that month, they had time to address a host of complaints that were provided as feedback from this very community, in the form of a patch. Granted I don't have personal knowledge of how long it takes to build a patch or make a game, it doesn't make sense to me that they could take the feedback of a demo and build the initial patch within a months time, there should be no reason why they couldn't do the same to address some of the new problems caused by the first patch.

To the people asking if the 3 point glitch has been fixed: There are numerous people here who have already stated the game doesn't feel or play much different from the previous patch. However, it would help if there was a list of things this patch addressed, so that way we could look out for the suttle changes that might otherwise be overlooked. Having said that, and IMO, I don't notice any difference in the game after the second patch....3 POINT CHEESE INCLUDED and still in full affect, as observed in my most recent online game. It may finally be time to pick up 2K this year.
whats better in 09?? lol

# 70 joel0078 @ 12/08/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
I hate to sound like a prick but if I do, oh well. The bottomline is, no fix, or patch can stop the way somebody plays. If someone chooses to cheese, it's difficult to do anything about that.

Take for instance, the Steve Nash, Mo Williams 3 pt cheeser. Now, if they only shoot a reasonable amount of 3's, within the flow of the offense, you WILL see something close to real life percentages. On the other hand, if they choose to shoot 70 3's with those guys, what is the game supposed to do about that? They're good shooters in real life, so a good amount of those probably will go in, you can't punish the ratings system because someone abuses it.

Run some double teams, try different matchups but most importantly, when they miss, make sure you don't. I guarantee you, the game will be much closer now than it was pre-patch. They HAVE addressed it, but they still have to stay true to the player's abilities. If someone chooses to abuse that, it's not the developers fault, it's the fault of that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way, and that's who you should be angry with. Not everyone wishes to play sim, even if we do
You make great points...Up until you said " that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way".....The people I'm playing online are most certainly not 12 years old! I can tell that by the tone in their extra manly voices when they are calling me cracker, bitch and other wonderful names, just because I called them out on their cheese tactics.

In addition to that, the producers have already said that guys like Nelson and Williams are high volume guys and will naturally be more successful in 3 point attempts. But that doesn't mean it should be exploited to the extent that it is. There are NO penalties against guys who choose to play this way and the developers have done little to nothing to prevent this, which is the problem.. You talk about trying to play good defense, it's not existent. If they miss the long ball, it should result in a long rebound and fast break...Fast breaks are non existent in this game and even in the one in a million chance you get a fast break, the defense will ALWAYS catch up to the offense and cut the break off. Also, fatigue still isn't up to par and is barely effective in this game.

So, given these circumstances, there are no penalties for guys who play this way, in fact they are rewarded by shooting 40 three's and hitting half of them. I'm pretty sure fatigue would get to even the best shooter in the nba. You're running up and down a court for the full game. And don't fool yourself, you would need to play a full 48 minutes to jack up 40 threes and even the best would be to tired to have a success rate of 50% given those circumstances...Not in Live though.

# 71 joel0078 @ 12/08/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
whats better in 09?? lol
Less online problems.

# 72 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/08/09 09:56 PM
This is the impressions thread for Live 10. Not what is better 09 or 10. Come on guys. Nobody wants to read through this crap. Please put this in the basketball other thread so that real people want to know how the game plays. Not bashing but, come on guys. A little help here.

# 73 joel0078 @ 12/08/09 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
This is the impressions thread for Live 10. Not what is better 09 or 10. Come on guys. Nobody wants to read through this crap. Please put this in the basketball other thread so that real people want to know how the game plays. Not bashing but, come on guys. A little help here.
Sorry, my point was to the guy who said Wang ruined 10 and that 09 was better. I didn't mean for it to be about anything other than that.

# 74 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/08/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Sorry, my point was to the guy who said Wang ruined 10 and that 09 was better. I didn't mean for it to be about anything other than that.
No worries. I've done it before in some other threads. Somebody makes a statement and then you end up going 2 pages deep off the subject. Just like I'm doing know.

Sorry guys!!!

# 75 jdareal21 @ 12/08/09 10:23 PM
Quote:
You make great points...Up until you said " that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way".....The people I'm playing online are most certainly not 12 years old! I can tell that by the tone in their extra manly voices when they are calling me cracker, bitch and other wonderful names, just because I called them out on their cheese tactics.

In addition to that, the producers have already said that guys like Nelson and Williams are high volume guys and will naturally be more successful in 3 point attempts. But that doesn't mean it should be exploited to the extent that it is. There are NO penalties against guys who choose to play this way and the developers have done little to nothing to prevent this, which is the problem.. You talk about trying to play good defense, it's not existent. If they miss the long ball, it should result in a long rebound and fast break...Fast breaks are non existent in this game and even in the one in a million chance you get a fast break, the defense will ALWAYS catch up to the offense and cut the break off. Also, fatigue still isn't up to par and is barely effective in this game.

So, given these circumstances, there are no penalties for guys who play this way, in fact they are rewarded by shooting 40 three's and hitting half of them. I'm pretty sure fatigue would get to even the best shooter in the nba. You're running up and down a court for the full game. And don't fool yourself, you would need to play a full 48 minutes to jack up 40 threes and even the best would be to tired to have a success rate of 50% given those circumstances...Not in Live though.
LOL, well I had hoped grown men wouldn't resort to such "tactics" but I hear ya. I do have to say however, that the fatigue being more of a factor would help against that, and the patch did address the fatigue a bit because people DO get tired. The problem is the quarter length, unless they adjust that, no professional ball player's going to get too winded jacking up 3's for 5 minutes in real life or Live

# 76 jdareal21 @ 12/08/09 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
I have a simple solution. Maybe the game should allow our defenders to manually get up in the face of the ball handler when they sprint all over the court especially when we put TIGHT defense ? Why is there a magnetic force between the ball handler and defender ? If they take this out then i really think it would save the problem because all we would do is PRESS R1 to stay with the ball handler and close the gap everytime they sprint for open shots.
This is true, but then I can envision some brand new gripes about the "magnetic force that attaches defenders to people." This is what I mean when I say one fix will offset something else that will only allow people that want to cheese just another tactic. No game developer can stop the human mind from creating ways to unbalance the experience. It's up to the players to choose how they engage each other, it's really not anyone's fault

# 77 jdareal21 @ 12/08/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I gotta agree with you said. I'm watching the Cavs play the Grizzlies in real life right now , Mo and Gibson ARE launching and hitting them 3's and quite a few of them with people in the grill, commentator just mentioned that Williams went 7 for 7 from the land of plenty just the other night. How is the game supposed to work that out? The only thing I can say is just make sure you crash the boards and like you said, don't miss on your possession. I don't play with ANY of the elite 3 shooters, never had never will, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I wonder what would happen if someone actually threw up 70 3's with these guys in "the other game". We assume an outcome but has anyone actually played anyone who actually did that with these guys in the "other game"?
Exactly! You can't take away somebody's ability just because a person decides to abuse it. Any game with skill based ratings will have loopholes such as these, it's unavoidable.

Oh, and for the record, that "other game" had way more unrealistic shooting percentages out of the box, which is why I personally made the switch after almost a decade

# 78 rockchisler @ 12/08/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
Exactly! You can't take away somebody's ability just because a person decides to abuse it. Any game with skill based ratings will have loopholes such as these, it's unavoidable.

Oh, and for the record, that "other game" had way more unrealistic shooting percentages out of the box, which is why I personally made the switch after almost a decade
But its about how they scored the 3's, Mo williams went 7-7 which is fine But I bet u dollars to donuts that he wasnt full sprint to a spot and shooting 3 balls, he spotted up or got the shot up after a screen...Or caught it after a dribble drive and kick.

# 79 iminurbase @ 12/08/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Exactly right man.

When they wanted to...i.e. the hype was big and people were buying, they were all over the place hyping up the first patch and what it would include.

Now that sales are dwindling...the only guys a huge second patch would have helped are the "loyalists". The guys who've bought the game already.

But that wouldn't mean more $$...so there was no point.

LIVE 11 will come out with all this stuff as "new features" etc etc etc.

And the loyal guys will buy it again.

I am not criticing them...it's smart business.

EA has always done this.

IMO a tiny patch after two months is a slap in the face to the fellas who've supported the series. That's my opinion.

2K has built a massive fan base by listening and addressing things pretty much ASAP.

EA has never done that...it's always been "hey, next year!!".

I guess it all depends on how you like to do business. Personally, I'd have ordered a killer patch and said "hey, reward the fellas who have bought it...the feedback and goodwill will give us enough momentum to start a long term base who trust us".

That's not how EA operate though. Look at the amount of hard core ballers on the NCAA forums who have freezing issues...they are just being left stranded. I don't even have the game, but that's a disgrace IMO.

LIVE 10 is a good game, but a really pro-active company would have said "make it great right now" with this patch. A company that's just concerned with next years sales would have said "hold stuff back until 11".

It's up to you as an individual as to how you view these types of "business decisions" (because that's exactly what they are) as to whether this type of think is the right way to go about things or not.

Personally, I'd have had the developers PRIORITISE RIGHT NOW if it meant getting a killer patch out...and I'd spend what ever it takes to fix NCAA and make sure the people who supported my stuff weren't left hung out to dry...

But that's just my way and I'm never been much of a business person LOL
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.

# 80 championmvp @ 12/08/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
we the nba live community overwhelmingly asked for one thing...no weak treys. you didnt deliver on a golden opportunity to keep the fan base thats holding on to this franchise by a thread.how can you possibly expect fans to go through something this agonizing again.ive already bought 2 b-ball games this year,and i can guarantee it will never happen again

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.