Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is now available for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 sapp99 @ 12/12/09 07:09 AM
Can somebody please tell me if anything has been done with supersim? Less big plays or something like that or do the stats look like pre patch?

# 162 SonicZulu25 @ 12/12/09 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
Oops... Just when I was praising what I had seen so far with patch #2...

I just saw a BAD cutscene goof. This is what I guess happens when they try to add them without having enough time or people to test them.

Third and ten for the Saints. Driving for the winning TD. Brees passes 10 yards to the sideline. I knock the pass down with Ronde Barber. The ball literally hits the ground in front of me. Cut to cutscene of refs rushing in to say "YES, IT IS a complete catch!" WTF!?!?

I check and I can't challenge either! I accidentally burn a timeout and then look at the replay showing exactly what I just said with the ball hitting the ground.

I return to the game, and it appears the refs have changed their minds without telling me, because the line of scrimmage has not changed and it is now fourth down and ten. Oh, I see, the refs got it right, it's the cutscene refs who blew the call.

Instead of listening to a lot of us asking for some way to turn off the cutscenes, it appears we're stuck now with the cutscene refs calling some passes complete that are obviously incomplete.
These cutscenes were there prior to #2 patch though. Regardless, you're right and it is annoying.

# 163 Ueauvan @ 12/12/09 07:33 AM
dunno if anyone has pointed it out, its not a hb breaking out of a 4 man scrum, its a maul sorry im a brit and rugby is my first love

# 164 DGuinta1 @ 12/12/09 08:39 AM
I am amazed when playing online, there are rarely any penalties called.

# 165 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/12/09 09:06 AM
The zones that are supposed to cover the flats..now generally cover them, althought you still see the occasional glitched out animation.

Pursuit angles now look better as well

# 166 JMD @ 12/12/09 10:19 AM
After playing 10 or so play now game to get my sliders right after the second patch, all in all I'd say the game play in improved. My last 5 of the 10 play now game were much more competitive then before the patch. Beofre the patch I rarely if ever lost to the CPU, out of my last 5 games I lost 3 of them.

I finaly started my Chiefs franchise, only 4 months after the games release, I still have a few things that bug me and I'd like to see fixed for Madden 11.

1. Run Blocking, Maybe I can tweak this with the sliders, but I'm still seeing lineman looking very confused as to whom they should be blocking. Several times I've seen a lineman not even block anyone and I get nailed for a loss.

2. I usually play on Hardcore, but sense I've finally started a franchse I decided to play on Advanced so I can get the replays. The replays are horrible, player movements look awkward, and the camera need to be zoomed out more, it's way to close.

3. Challenge the play system. This is broken in my opinion. To many times I challenge the call and the CPU gets it wrong , mostly on WR's feet being in or out of bounds. Also we need to be able to more accurately choose what we are challenging. I honestly do not understand why EA can't just look at 2k's challenge system and use that, it's better and it works. I'm a professional drummer, if I see another drummer do a certain fill better then I do , I will use that to improve my playing, same thing, put the ego aside and make improvents.

4. Penalty system. I've played a lot of games pre patch and about 12 post patch and I have never seen pass interference called, even with the sliders set to 100. Way to many face masks and no pass interference, I have even hit the WR early on purpose, no call.

EDIT: I can't believe it , I just saw my first PI call. All I had to do was poat about not ever seeing one and I get a call. Nice. Maybe it's because I'm playing franchise games instead of play now games, Never saw one before.

Other then those 4 things, I'm good with the game at this point. I'm only one game into my 1st season in franchise so I may find more, but all in all at least I can now enjoy playing the game.

One more thing, I like the Extra Point weekly wrap up show.

# 167 johnkorean @ 12/12/09 10:59 AM
Haven't played in a couple months, but I have a general question about some of the problems people are still noticing after patch 2. It seems like a lot of the remaining issues (blockers not knowing who to block, bad calls on sideline catches, etc.) could be considered intentionally random simulation of "human error." Personally, I feel that if this stuff is intentional, it's brilliant. After all, if you see crappy refereeing on Sundays, then it should be in the game, right?

Does anyone have any idea if this might be what they're going for, or is some of this so outrageously egregious that it has to be a glitch or simply poor programming?

# 168 johnkorean @ 12/12/09 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm a professional drummer, if I see another drummer do a certain fill better then I do , I will use that to improve my playing, same thing, put the ego aside and make improvents.
It might not be an issue of ego; it might be an issue of copyright law. Programming code is subject to copyright law as much as a book is.

# 169 roadman @ 12/12/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
4. Penalty system. I've played a lot of games pre patch and about 12 post patch and I have never seen pass interference called, even with the sliders set to 100. Way to many face masks and no pass interference, I have even hit the WR early on purpose, no call.

EDIT: I can't believe it , I just saw my first PI call. All I had to do was poat about not ever seeing one and I get a call. Nice. Maybe it's because I'm playing franchise games instead of play now games, Never saw one before.

One more thing, I like the Extra Point weekly wrap up show.
I've been harping on the penalty system for years. I couldn't believe after the patch I played two back to back games and once in each game a PI was called. I had to set the controller down as I've never ever seen this happen at all since I started playing in the early 90's.

# 170 Bgamer90 @ 12/12/09 12:35 PM
Quote:

Wasn't it just a year or so ago that they managed to get the game up to a smooth 60 fps on both systems, and now we have to put up with this herky-jerky nonsense???

Madden 08 felt smoother but that was due to how "arcadey" the game was overall imo.

There's a fine line between really smooth/responsive gameplay and realism. You want the things happening in the game to play a part of the responsiveness of the controls but on the other hand you want the game to be completely 100% responsive.

While I feel that madden 10 is responsive overall I like how pro-tak has added a better general feel to your player making him feel less responsive in certain situations though I do feel like it can be better and hopefully it will be for 11.

The madden 10 demo was worse when it came to this. Do you remember how Pro-tak was in the demo for 10? In the demo your player was basically stuck.

# 171 JMD @ 12/12/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkorean
Haven't played in a couple months, but I have a general question about some of the problems people are still noticing after patch 2. It seems like a lot of the remaining issues (blockers not knowing who to block, bad calls on sideline catches, etc.) could be considered intentionally random simulation of "human error." Personally, I feel that if this stuff is intentional, it's brilliant. After all, if you see crappy refereeing on Sundays, then it should be in the game, right?

Does anyone have any idea if this might be what they're going for, or is some of this so outrageously egregious that it has to be a glitch or simply poor programming?
My complaint is not with poor refereeing, I think that should be in the game. My problem is when a sideline catch is made and I challenge it, the replay shows the WR was clearly out of bounds, yet the play is not reversed, they call it a catch. In my first Franchise game Dwyane Bowe caught a pass in the endzone one foot from the edge of the endzone and they called it incomplete. I challenged it, the replay showed he was in bounds, yet the call was not reversed, no catch, no TD. Frustrating.

# 172 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 12/12/09 12:50 PM
Quote:
I played a lot of games before the patch, and I don't recall seeing any bad sideline calls. Now, after the patch, while most sideline calls are still correct, I've seen three really bad calls now where the ball was caught inbounds but ruled out of bounds.
Not sure if anyone cleared this up, but I definitely had some very bad sideline calls BEFORE the patch.

# 173 sportskid84 @ 12/12/09 01:03 PM
The chain gang is still very active on cut scenes. Have anybody run into the injury bug on here? Calvin johnson got hurt with the loins and delmas name came up instead of his,has anyone seen that yet?

# 174 PGaither84 @ 12/12/09 01:08 PM
I got home from a trip two days ago and finally got a chance to pop in Madden 10 and play a post-patch game. There were improvements, no doubt, but not a lot I could tell right off. I used default sliders and played on All-Pro with my most recent updated online roster [I try to keep a save of each roster update as a seperate save file] and was stomping the Giants 55-10 entering the 4th quarter at the Meadowlands before turning the game off. The blocking was better, I was getting a few sacks which I liked and the computer was throwing less stupid picks/pick6's at least in that game [0 ints thrown, but two droped that would have not gone to the house becasue they were in the middle of the field with all the traffic].

I like what I saw in general, however the computer still blizted a lot. I scored in my two min drill at the end of the half when I came out 4 wide in shot gun and the Giants sent 8. Just a flick to Vernon Davis and spin move on the deep middle safety for the score. A lot of my scoring came off of quick passes against the 6 or 7 man blitz. Frank Gore had 25 carries for over 225 yards already in the game. Again, I turned my X-Box off in the 4th because it was a blow out.

I didn't notice terrible pursuit angles, but I forgot to look for them also. They just weren't glaring which was a good thing. I'll play more tonight in practice mode against prevent defense to be sure. Also, I want to test man flats coverage to see if they still have the stupid initial move that takes defenders out of position or not.

My largest complaints about M10 were terrible pursuit angles, poor computer playcalling, and ratings not really mattering. I can't speak to pursuit angles for sure yet, but the last two are still a problem. I think I am going to keep playing MW2

# 175 PGaither84 @ 12/12/09 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep

The main thing I notice thats STILL there, is the hidden entity that likes to keep games unnaturally close lol. Will I ever see a 1st or 2nd quarter score of 21/14 - 0 or what?

I've yet to see (CPU or my team) get past 1 touchdown without the other team scoring before it can be done.
I don't know where that is comming from at all. As I said in my last post I was smashing the Giants 55-10 before I just quit playing and my first game ever out of the box the morning of Aug 14th it was 28-0 with 13min left in the 2ed quarter and the game ended like 38-17 or something.

Maybe it is your defensive play calling that is keeping you from stoping the computer, but moving the ball agaisnt the computer is way too easy.

# 176 roadman @ 12/12/09 01:42 PM
One thing that makes me very happy is that the Wr's are now jumping appropriately when making a catch.

It looks much smoother.

# 177 Hassan Darkside @ 12/12/09 02:38 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but has anybody noticed formation subs saving from game to game? I subbed in a power back in the I formation in my Franchise and it retained that sub till the next game and till the next. Nice feature.

# 178 DJ @ 12/12/09 02:48 PM
Any change in frequency of subs and injuries (multiple week) post-patch?

# 179 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/12/09 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Any change in frequency of subs and injuries (multiple week) post-patch?
I wanted to find that out also.

# 180 RogueHominid @ 12/12/09 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've been harping on the penalty system for years. I couldn't believe after the patch I played two back to back games and once in each game a PI was called. I had to set the controller down as I've never ever seen this happen at all since I started playing in the early 90's.
I saw my first PI ever in M10 the other day in the 4th quarter of an online franchise game that went down to the wire. I broke on the ball and bumped the guy on accident, but it was clearly interference. It was a really nice thing to see, as it just adds that much more variety and realism. I was very upset that it happened but very glad at the same time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.