Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the very first screenshots from MLB '10: The Show.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TeixeiraFanatic @ 12/16/09 10:23 PM
That picture of Mauer catching just blows my mind. The catcher gear looks so amazing. Can't wait to see this game in action.

I think that Mauer is probably the cover boy but I would like to see Albert on there.

# 22 green94 @ 12/16/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Correct tried to get them in, but couldn't due to time constraints
First off, I don't see the need for new player models.

However if all animations need to be redone, is it really worth it to everyone to essentially start over with this series? Just a question.

# 23 silver540i @ 12/16/09 10:28 PM
Agree with most comments. Screenshots are nice to look at, but don't really tell us much. Was nice to see HR derby. I hope its done well. It has the opportunity to be a great, fun feature, or just a bland thing that I'll play when I first get the game, and then not again.

To make it interesting, they gotta add lots of options on cameras (watching the damn thing fly is 1/2 the fun!), record keeping, distance records (including wind, stadium, date). Collision detection is paramount.

Models are fine for me. Always have been. Hoping for more options on playable cameras (especially fielding to show off the stadiums and ball flight more). Other gameplay issues hopefully improved. Can't wait.

# 24 green94 @ 12/16/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
If the choice was starting over or adding more and more animations, I'll take the added animations with these models.
Agreed, and that's my point I guess. Why mess with the best sports sim of all time, IMO? If all animations need to be rebuilt from the ground up, I'm assuming there is no chance they could get all of that done in one year. So we'd be essentially regressing. Why would anyone want that?

And what is specifically wrong with the current models? Again, just asking... as I'm more of a stickler for things like, oh I don't know....guys in bullpens and dugouts

# 25 lou22ny @ 12/16/09 10:33 PM
what about new color bats????????

# 26 HokieB @ 12/16/09 10:35 PM
I'm pretty sure players wear their all-star jerseys in the home run derby (which is really the only time they wear them in real life). It would be cool if they just wore hats instead of helmets.

And I really hope you have the option to play it in the middle of your franchise seasons. I'd be very surprised if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
again, not a major thing by any means, but something that i was hoping for that would have been cool..

for the home run derby i was hoping they would be able to have the player in their actual uniform.

i mean, i know we've been told they can't have all the players in their own uniforms for the all-star game because that's too much art on one field but i thought we might get it for the home-run derby since it's only the batter and a pitcher?

# 27 NJ2NC @ 12/16/09 10:38 PM
Hi Russell,
Glad to see you are checking in. I cannot wait for MLB '10.

# 28 Russell_SCEA @ 12/16/09 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
What's up Russ.....

Is it because of the animations that would have to be re-done??

Thanks Bro

That's not the reasons they didn't make it in just a time issue. But yes re-mapping all those animations to a new skeleton in the game takes a lot of time.

# 29 ferriscj24 @ 12/16/09 10:40 PM
Russ, Classic Stadiums...yay or nay or can't-cha-say?

# 30 bp4baseball @ 12/16/09 10:41 PM
These shots are very impressive in my opinion, and I think they will look even more amazing when they're in motion. That's what always just stops me, and makes me say wow.

Also, we need to realize that this game already has superb graphics. There will not be a major change from year to year at this point. When you have a bad game and start to make changes to graphics, things get a lot better real quick. With a game like this that already has wonderful graphics, things aren't going to improve dramatically, just fine details added, which it looks like they have.

Thank you SCEA

# 31 TheRunAndShoot @ 12/16/09 10:46 PM
yay. underwhelmed a tad but like its been said before me the screens get better as the dev process goes on.

# 32 Whitesox @ 12/16/09 10:48 PM
Exciting times...can't wait until this releases.

# 33 K_GUN @ 12/16/09 10:48 PM
hey 09 owners....

in the **Jeter sliding into home** shot...is that the same sun angle from 09???

if not can we conclude daytime daylight progression is in this year?

of course, Russell, you could just tell us straight up tonight if it's in this year

;o)

# 34 bluengold34_OS @ 12/16/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's not the reasons they didn't make it in just a time issue. But yes re-mapping all those animations to a new skeleton in the game takes a lot of time.

Appreciate ya Russ, thanks for answering

# 35 Jgainsey @ 12/16/09 10:49 PM
Cool, great to see new screens at this point in December.

# 36 beau21 @ 12/16/09 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm pretty sure players wear their all-star jerseys in the home run derby (which is really the only time they wear them in real life). It would be cool if they just wore hats instead of helmets.

And I really hope you have the option to play it in the middle of your franchise seasons. I'd be very surprised if you don't.

d'oh!

silly me.. i knew that!

but on another note, it would be neat to have the option to wear hats instead

# 37 Jgainsey @ 12/16/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
hey 09 owners....

in the **Jeter sliding into home** shot...is that the same sun angle from 09???

if not can we conclude daytime daylight progression is in this year?

of course, Russell, you could just tell us straight up tonight if it's in this year

;o)
I was thinking that the lighting looked a little different in that shot. Though I'm not use to viewing the game from that angle.. so I can't be sure.

# 38 beau21 @ 12/16/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I would have thought that after the first announcements of player models being redone two years we'd maybe see them in this years game.
While I do agree, I understand why we don't.

Since it's been stated that most (if not all) of the player animations would have to be redone, I can see them doing this in the background so that when they do finish them up and introduce them, they will have the animations done too so we won't have to take a step back in the animations department

(my best guess)

# 39 BravesBoy @ 12/16/09 10:53 PM
Well i'm back in the treads lol..didn't take much but i'm already gettin the itch. bring on the demo HAHAHA!!! j/k... pics look great, as they did last year. I'm jus lookin forward to some presentation changes...

# 40 Russell_SCEA @ 12/16/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I would have thought that after the first announcements of player models being redone two years we'd maybe see them in this years game.

No one confirmed new player models would make it into MLB10. Again its not the player models they have been done since last year. It's getting all those animations to work properly with the new rig and its a major undertaking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.