Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the very first screenshots from MLB '10: The Show.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Pyro @ 12/17/09 02:58 AM
march seems so much longer now. I can't wait.

# 102 MelMan1486 @ 12/17/09 03:14 AM
Just when time was flying by SCEA has to release these pics to just slow it down again... Now im feinding again!

# 103 manny7788 @ 12/17/09 03:44 AM
they look awsome

# 104 ARMORALLL @ 12/17/09 04:48 AM
I'm suprised no one thought to mention that it looks like Umpires have different colour shirts depending on the time the game starts.

# 105 CeltBhoy33 @ 12/17/09 05:16 AM
This is like Christmas morning. Thanks for these screens haha.

# 106 JibJab 24 @ 12/17/09 07:06 AM
Game looks incredible as usual, looking forward to the next press release!

# 107 NAFBUC @ 12/17/09 07:48 AM
SCEA...... I am a huge baseball guy and MLB The Show is PrimeTime.

I do hope the boxscore was expanded as I am a stat junkie.

# 108 FORMULA316 @ 12/17/09 07:59 AM
Never owned or played a game in this series, PS2/3. Considering.

# 109 rudyjuly2 @ 12/17/09 08:41 AM
I'll have to check the comparison shots at home since I can't see them at work. At first glance I didn't really see any difference and I would probably have a hard time telling which screenshot would be MLB 10 or 09. Not a big deal to me since I think the graphics and the gameplay are really smooth.

# 110 brettryantalley @ 12/17/09 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
Never owned or played a game in this series, PS2/3. Considering.
Formula, you're about to get an onslaught of guys telling you that if you're a baseball fan, you need a ps3 and you need to get the show. they'll tell you that it has the best baseball gameplay out there and is the most fun you've had playing a baseball video game...

all i have to say...is that i agree with them.

# 111 brrmikey @ 12/17/09 10:49 AM
here's hoping that at least the HR derby uses the broadcast camera. hopefully it's selectable as an option for normal gameplay.

# 112 Jackdog @ 12/17/09 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Other than than lighting, yes. Same player models means same animations, same strikezones, same player rating system, same lack of free ball physics and collision detection. Same game with visual upgrades, just like the past four years in other words. That's a disappointment.
Did I miss this game dropping already. Damn man it's a little early to be calling it a disappointment don't you think? If you want to bitch about this on March 3rd 2010 I would understand. Now. Not so much.

# 113 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols 4 MVP
I made some comparisons... you can see some of the things they fixed. Of course, some of these are completely obvious but it is cool to see a comparison between the two games. MLB 10 looks much better!

1. Both are in the day, but the shadows are different... progressive lighting in day games? I think so...
2. Active bullpens!

1. Jerseys look better.
2. Catcher reacting to a long home run.
3. Active dugouts.
4. Crowds look better in my opinion.

1. Jeter is looking to make sure he touches home plate in MLB 10, is clueless in MLB 09.
2. Umpire actually pays attention to the plays...

1. Lighting looks better.
2. Jerseys look a ton better.
3. The reaction by the first baseman is awesome!
4. Runner is paying attention .
Wow, thanks for doing this. You can actually see a HUGE difference across the board with this comparison.

Excellent job

# 114 rudyjuly2 @ 12/17/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I do hope the boxscore was expanded as I am a stat junkie.
I'd love to see a condensed stat screen where the whole box score for both teams could fit on the screen at once. Even if the font is really small I would like that. Same with season stats (at least for pitchers and another for hitters). It would be even better if you could e-mail yourself a text file with the stats. How great would that be for posting stats for season/franchise mode. I can dream can't I?

# 115 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/09 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
And you got that misinformation from the six photos?

No kidding. Didn't take him long with the expected sensational over criticism.

# 116 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I hear you the feedback we gathered from everyone had a major effect on our focus for MLB10 and our feature set. You will get your first glimpse of those features on Thursday (hopefully don't qoute me on this) when the fact sheet is released. We also had some super secret stuff go on during this dev cycle that we will eventually tell everyone about when the time is right.
Darn you Russell, DARRRRN YOOOOOU!

# 117 countryboy @ 12/17/09 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Other than than lighting, yes. Same player models means same animations, same strikezones, same player rating system, same lack of free ball physics and collision detection. Same game with visual upgrades, just like the past four years in other words. That's a disappointment.
You got all that from viewing 6 pictures?

# 118 NAFBUC @ 12/17/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'd love to see a condensed stat screen where the whole box score for both teams could fit on the screen at once. Even if the font is really small I would like that. Same with season stats (at least for pitchers and another for hitters). It would be even better if you could e-mail yourself a text file with the stats. How great would that be for posting stats for season/franchise mode. I can dream can't I?
yes........put it on the board!!!

# 119 drtrix @ 12/17/09 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
I'm suprised no one thought to mention that it looks like Umpires have different colour shirts depending on the time the game starts.
Nice "It's the little things" addition. I also hope that umpires wear jackets on the base paths depending on temperature. Looked kinda odd that umps ALWAYS wore short sleeves no matter the temperature.

# 120 El_MaYiMbE @ 12/17/09 03:22 PM
Still no batting gloves on the baserunners!!!!

other than that....looks great!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.