Home
MLB 10 News Post

According to http://www.amazon.com/MLB-10-Show-Pl...=operasport-20, it is.

Quote:
"Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mattlanta @ 12/18/09 12:56 AM
yeah i was bout to say... you guys realize that's the psp / ps2 version right?

# 42 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/18/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Doubt it cause on the receipt I received it doesnt say anything about the PS3 version, just a link to the PSP site... Oh well, it was too good to be true.

That is very slimy of them to do that. Make your receipt change to the PSP version. No honor anymore in the world is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
yeah i was bout to say... you guys realize that's the psp / ps2 version right?
They had the PS3 version up there as well for that price. They pulled it and are hyper-linking to the PSP now.

# 43 Frek21 @ 12/18/09 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
That is very slimy of them to do that. Make your receipt change to the PSP version. No honor anymore in the world is there.

They had the PS3 version up there as well for that price. They pulled it and are hyper-linking to the PSP now.
I preordered it earlier and it still shows up as the PS3 in my orders page on Amazon. Hopefully it stays that way.

# 44 The Chef @ 12/18/09 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTime
I just got this email

Greetings from http://amazon.com/?tag=operasport-20.

We regret to inform you that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

MLB 10 The Show

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we have cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We do, however, verify prices as part of our shipping procedures. If we discover that an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or
cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. This policy is posted in the Help section and is accessible through numerous other areas of our web site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.
Personally, they should have to honor that **** as they screwed up and not the consumer. It may suck but maybe next time they will make sure things are correct before posting them. I wonder if you raise enough hell that they would honor it? I doubt it as companies dont give a **** about the average consumer anymore but I guess it would be worth a shot.

# 45 Frek21 @ 12/18/09 01:56 AM
Damn I just got the email. I guess Amazon won't be getting my money at all for this game now since they can't honor the price. Boooooo.

# 46 myghty @ 12/18/09 02:06 AM
Same, just received the same Email... Meh

# 47 Blzer @ 12/18/09 02:32 AM
Well damn. Maybe SCEA will still do it...

# 48 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/18/09 02:35 AM
There is no honor anymore in the consumerist society.

At one time, it was illegal to not honor price mess ups.

Ah well, cant blame us for trying. This game is worth double the price IMO, compared to most games out there. And the play time most of us put into it, it is probably worth 4 times as much.

I have no problem paying full price for this series. And hope there is a collector's not announced yet.

# 49 marbury @ 12/18/09 06:48 AM
bad luck for you guys

i was checking out amazon some minutes ago and there was no price for this game and currently shipping to US only
i think i have to buy it on ebay again

# 50 bowlerguy92 @ 12/18/09 07:00 AM
Sigh, ridiculous amazon.

# 51 ps2king @ 12/18/09 07:42 AM
Got the same email. Had a feeling this was too good to be true.

# 52 cardsfan2222 @ 12/18/09 09:20 AM
Well Amazon has lost my business. I absolutely hate companies who pull stuff like this. At the very least, they should give 10% off or a free upgrade to overnight shipping for people who ordered at this price. It's ridiculous that they have no accountability for things like this. Now I'm back on the fence as to whether or not I'll actually buy this.

# 53 theotherguy619 @ 12/18/09 09:42 AM
If this happened with face-to-face business and not over the internet business, I guarantee they'd honor it. They cancelled the orders because they know nobody can get literally in thier face about it.

Bunch of BS, and I didn't even pre-order.

# 54 cardsfan2222 @ 12/18/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherguy619
If this happened with face-to-face business and not over the internet business, I guarantee they'd honor it. They cancelled the orders because they know nobody can get literally in thier face about it.

Bunch of BS, and I didn't even pre-order.
Exactly. I've been to stores where an item is priced wrong, they almost always honor the price that it is marked, then fix it. I think they should honor the price for people who ordered it. It's wrong to screw over customers like this.

# 55 cardsfan2222 @ 12/18/09 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddawg60
dare i say ....how are you getting screwed over ? actually you were wanting to screw amazon over and also sony.

flame away if you must.
Wanting a company to stand by their advertised price is trying to screw them over now? It would be screwing them over if I hacked into their site and changed the price, then tried to get it at that price. Thinking a company should be accountable for what they put on their site isn't trying to screw them over.

# 56 ckarlic @ 12/18/09 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm hoping to have the game prior to release date like last year. That with the fact of a possible Collector's Edition...I'll wait.

Besides, last time I ordered a game through Amazon, the case was damaged when it arrived.
I agree. I will wait to see if their is a Collector's Edition available.

# 57 Jgainsey @ 12/18/09 10:43 AM
I can never understand why people feel obligated to receive a discounted price when the retailer makes an honest mistake like this. I know plenty of stores will honor whatever price they have an item listed for on the shelf, but that's only done as a courtesy to the customer. In no way do they owe you anything whatsoever.

If you guys had been able to get over on them that would've been great. But I don't understand the ill will towards amazon now that they've caught their mistake. I would've done the same thing if I was them. There's no way I'd sell a product I only make 10% profit on in the first place for a 30% loss.

# 58 mnsportsguy40 @ 12/18/09 11:04 AM
Geez, just went to Amazon and the price offer is gone....

# 59 rspencer86 @ 12/18/09 11:27 AM
LOL at the guys pissed at Amazon. It was an honest mistake and the corrected it quickly. Why should they honor that price? It's not like you had to drive 15 miles in to town and waste time/gas only to be turned away, or they changed it two months later possibly costing you the opportunity at other deals.

I'm all for the rights of the consumer, but come on.

# 60 econoodle @ 12/18/09 11:36 AM
i agree with the posters defending amazon.
I knew something was wrong when they posted it.
I ordered it, then they cancelled it and no biggie.

i love amazon. all they do is save me money.

they r fine in my book.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.