Home
News Post

Destructoid has the scoop.

Quote:
"Earlier this month, EA Canada's Community Manager, Alain Quinto, tweeted that EA Sports is planning to reveal a brand-new game in January. We've been curious as to what the new title could be, and sources close to the project have informed us that the new IP will be a football game for the Wii. Before you go running off -- no, this isn't going to be another Madden game.

The game is currently called NFL Trainer, and it's all about getting players to do football-based exercises and workouts. The new game will also coach players on how to throw footballs, and give you advice on how to perfect throws. There's also talks about a football-shaped attachment that could come with NFL Trainer. As this is going to be a football training game, it doesn't really make much sense for it to not include something of that sort."

Member Comments
# 21 jyoung @ 12/30/09 01:16 AM
Sales-wise, EA Active was a AAA title.

This is likely their attempt at trying to build off the success of Active.

# 22 Bellsprout @ 12/30/09 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Bah.. EA's gonna waste a new IP on the Wii?
Can we all take a second and realize that there's been a hell of a lot of Wii systems sold? People are going to make games for it because a lot of people have them. Nobody's wasting anything. It'd be stupid of EA not to make games for the Wii.

I realize we're all disappointed, but making a mass appeal Wii title makes good business sense. Making a mass appeal Wii game with the NFL name on it that will cost more because it comes with a weird accessory? That makes great business sense.

# 23 spankdatazz22 @ 12/30/09 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Sales-wise, EA Active was a AAA title.

This is likely their attempt at trying to build off the success of Active.
Yup

# 24 JohnDoe8865 @ 12/30/09 04:18 PM
The thing about EA Active was that it was aimed at a much broader spectrum of people. Women loved it, older people liked it, etc.

With an NFL Trainer type game on the Wii, I don't think the audience is going to be there and this time next year EA will be wondering how this piece of software didn't perform up to expectations, much like Madden 10 on Wii.

The sports gaming audience and the audience for sports type games in general are just not that large on the Wii IMO. I don't know of one single person who is a sports gamer and just owns a Wii and not a 360 or PS3 as well.

# 25 MrNFL_FanIQ @ 12/30/09 06:32 PM
Really?

Really?

Sad face.

# 26 Maize08 @ 12/30/09 07:08 PM
Gamespy: Rumor: EA Sports' NFL Trainer in Development

Includes a football controller. I think EA has the right idea in targeting all the Wii owners, but I think they could have made a bigger splash with a multi-platform arcade football title (Street anyone?).

# 27 MARTZball @ 01/01/10 07:06 AM
Huge let down if this rings true. I definately won't be wasting my time nor money on any such title.

# 28 Tiko7523 @ 01/01/10 01:34 PM
i think it could sell well on the WII if they make it family friendly could be interesting who knows tho.

# 29 mva5580 @ 01/03/10 05:33 PM
What really pisses me off is that they can toss money into stupid crap like this but they can't release PROPER ports of their EA Sports games to the PC. They complain that the sports market is difficult on the PC yet all they did at the end was port PS2 games to a platform that is more powerful than the 360 or PS3. Gee I wonder why they didn't sell well?

# 30 BurghFan @ 01/04/10 01:24 PM
Hmm, I'm sensing a lot of negativity in this thread. I think this is actually a good concept that has some potential. Though with only a few details known, it's difficult to make a final judgement.

# 31 raz77 @ 01/12/10 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
What really pisses me off is that they can toss money into stupid crap like this but they can't release PROPER ports of their EA Sports games to the PC. They complain that the sports market is difficult on the PC yet all they did at the end was port PS2 games to a platform that is more powerful than the 360 or PS3. Gee I wonder why they didn't sell well?

Same here. The PC version of madden never had a chance with the way they made it.

# 32 PHILLYPHAN0627 @ 01/13/10 04:39 PM
interesting! I love Wii and would play this

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.