Home
News Post

It looks like the EA mystery game is NBA Jam, according to Jon Robinson, at ESPN. What are your thoughts?

Quote:
"When EA Sports community manager Alain Quinto tweeted back in December that EA execs were preparing to announce a new game, the rumors and speculation spiraled out of control. Was EA going to steal the WWE license from THQ? Is "MVP Baseball" coming back? Is a new sport like lacrosse finally going to break through with an NCAA licensed game? To make it simple, no, no, and no.

Instead, sources confirmed to ESPN that the new title is actually one of the all-time classics coming back to consoles as EA Sports is set to deliver an updated version of "NBA Jam" that will ship to retail exclusively for the Wii."

Member Comments
# 21 Fiddy @ 01/05/10 12:16 PM
ahhh, i will def buy this for the wii if i hav eto. but please come to xbox 360 marketplace..

would be awesome if they included the old school rosters, as well as the new updated rosters.

im so over nba2k and live having flaws here and there.. give me some good old arcade basketball!!

how about him being a piston fan and coding the bulls to throw up bricks at the end of close games!! hahahahahaha

# 22 computerlover @ 01/05/10 05:43 PM
HE'S ON FIRE!!! HE'S GONE MAAAD!!! HE.. HE.. HE GOT MAD COW DISEASE!!! LMAO!!1

# 23 mgoblue @ 01/05/10 07:15 PM
I remember playing the hell out of NBA Jam on SNES with friends...we'd use the hidden codes to unlock players like Bill Clinton, Mark Turmell, and other random guys...

I'd be interested for the nostalgia factor, but you guys are right. This was kinda popular when I was 12....Most younger gamers have no clue what it is.

# 24 Shinyhubcaps @ 01/06/10 12:52 AM
I am with the majority on hating the Wii-exclusive decision, but it would probably be with the classic controls and not the motion controls, so a port would be very possible to PS3 and Xbox 360.

I would also love to see modern rosters and stuff, but why don't we get a full-blown NBA Street or something? They wasted the anticipation for their "new game" to just be an old game, on the Wii, that could easily be created for PC and modded with new rosters and played for free.

# 25 Jukeman @ 01/06/10 01:35 AM
Ummmmmmmm why not make another NBA Streets....???

# 26 computerlover @ 01/06/10 05:12 PM
maybe they should get van earl wright to do the announcing. i remember him on a basketball game on the 3D0 system.. (dang im old.., and yes i did have a 3DO, and no i did not pay 700 bucks for it.. (had to use oven mitts to carry it home.. lol!) he was damn good on that one.. get him.. if hes still alive..

# 27 noshun @ 01/07/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
Seriously, who wants to play such a shallow game? Whether it's with gimmicky motion controls or in HD for a small price distributed digitally, it would suck.

It would really have to massively expand on what they were doing with NBA Street for it to be worthwhile.

And I was so looking forward to a proper next-gen SSX...
I agree to an extent.. the old game is a classic... this just screams ..."please buy this so we(EA) can get some type of NBA $$$".. hints to poor sales of Live and NCAA.

# 28 youvalss @ 01/10/10 03:01 PM
^^
I agree, NBA street is a better concept to me. How long can you jump 50 feet and dunk? But that's me...

# 29 Pared @ 01/11/10 03:23 PM
This was officially announced today, as far as I know.

I was just given the word.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.