Home
Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jaosming @ 01/06/10 03:25 PM
about time, thanks

thank god they included 1 normal pass animation. when I saw the first 2 fade aways it did get me worried

the game does look like a lot of fun though, i can't wait

# 2 A.M. Son @ 01/06/10 03:45 PM
Solid trailer! The game looks like it's come a long long way. The stadiums, lighting, and "football feel" looks very good.

# 3 Glorious Arc @ 01/06/10 04:25 PM
(reference about frequency of big hits)It looked like several of the tackles made were normal tackles and the bigger hits were ones that I would consider fairly realistic. Like the defensive player gets low and puts his entire body into the mid section of the ball carrier.

The sound effects make it sound like these guys are getting completely nailed but if you watch it without the sound it looks like a few of those tackles were just average every down tackles.

# 4 Blzer @ 01/06/10 04:35 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like the game will only be running in 30 FPS. The player models are also more annoying to me than before.

Though I am still so pumped!

# 5 boom.h @ 01/06/10 04:46 PM
Looks really good to me! Top notch animations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Unfortunately, it looks like the game will only be running in 30 FPS.
I know I read somewhere that the game will run at 60FPS, just forgot where. Probably from a Dev diary.

# 6 polamalu82 @ 01/06/10 04:50 PM
Game looks good. Still leaves a lot of questions, but I guess the answers will come in the months ahead.

I do love how smooth the running animations look. The juke moves look rather sluggish though. I'm anxious to see more.

# 7 Hova57 @ 01/06/10 04:52 PM
one foot passes bother me a little, but game looks cool its the controls is what i really worry about

# 8 allBthere @ 01/06/10 04:57 PM
good to see spring 2010 on a trailer including the publisher which apparently was released by the publisher.

I'd like to see a successful shoulder charge by the ball carrier if it's possible. perhaps like and FB on a DB.

# 9 Blzer @ 01/06/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom.h
I know I read somewhere that the game will run at 60FPS, just forgot where. Probably from a Dev diary.
That will be tremendous if it does! Hopefully it was just the trailer that made that look that it was only 30 FPS.

# 10 spankdatazz22 @ 01/06/10 04:58 PM
Actually looks decent for a first year effort. Now to see if people are willing to give it at least a few years time to mature/grow. I really don't like the player models much (too similar, elongated torsos), but the actual movement was pretty cool. Jukes look kinda fugly. Uniforms were decent/nice also. Hard to see where they're going to get much in terms of player/team personalities. Lots to overcome. But looks interesting, at least

# 11 Phobia @ 01/06/10 05:51 PM
I think that trailer just made me not want to get it now. 90% of the passes they showed was dropping off their back foot passing. I paused and replayed certain areas and it looks as if I could see some suction blocking also.

The running looks really stiff and just on a whole not very polished.

# 12 burnwood @ 01/06/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Actually looks decent for a first year effort. Now to see if people are willing to give it at least a few years time to mature/grow. I really don't like the player models much (too similar, elongated torsos), but the actual movement was pretty cool. Jukes look kinda fugly. Uniforms were decent/nice also. Hard to see where they're going to get much in terms of player/team personalities. Lots to overcome. But looks interesting, at least
I have a feeling this game will be a one and done type game. I just don't see enough to garner enough sales to make sequels to allow it to grow.

Maybe it gets interesting enough for another company to step in and buy the tech.

# 13 p_rushing @ 01/06/10 06:07 PM
Hopefully the throws off the back foot were because the QB was still in his drop and didn't set his feet. Now they need to make you pay for throwing off you back foot.

# 14 Blitzburgh @ 01/06/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That will be tremendous if it does! Hopefully it was just the trailer that made that look that it was only 30 FPS.
I read a while back that they actually have the game running at 90fps!

# 15 Blzer @ 01/06/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I read a while back that they actually have the game running at 90fps!
Yikes, wouldn't that be something! I know that 100 FPS is essentially the next step from 60 FPS, so if they feel they can do 90 FPS without tons of optimization, I'm all for that.

I suppose the trailer downscaled the framerate or something though, because the trailer definitely wasn't running in 60 or 90 FPS.

# 16 NDIrish98 @ 01/06/10 06:45 PM
i have yet to see a runner break a tackle. the only things i see are big hits and jukes. if anyone else has seen a broken tackle, let me know.

# 17 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 01/06/10 06:48 PM
Anyone else think its funny that David Hayter (Solid Snake, "Its in the game" guy) voiced this trailer? Or at least someone that sounds very much like him

# 18 roadman @ 01/06/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think that trailer just made me not want to get it now. 90% of the passes they showed was dropping off their back foot passing. I paused and replayed certain areas and it looks as if I could see some suction blocking also.

The running looks really stiff and just on a whole not very polished.
The QB's looked like they were jump passing the ball.

# 19 sportyguyfl31 @ 01/06/10 07:47 PM
Not loving those fadeaway passes.

# 20 spankdatazz22 @ 01/06/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
I have a feeling this game will be a one and done type game. I just don't see enough to garner enough sales to make sequels to allow it to grow.

Maybe it gets interesting enough for another company to step in and buy the tech.
The game needs a hook with all the disadvantages it has. The hardcore here may not want to hear it, but those free-form big hits may be enough to draw out some casual purchases. It shouldn't be expected that it's going to get most base football concepts correct on their first pass. I know people will hate to hear it, but Madden had back-foot passing in their game for years into next gen. At the very least this may be a case study on why it's next to futile for any developer to attempt making a non-licensed football game. I think there's a lot of unrealistic expectations riding on the title

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.