Home
Madden Ultimate Team News Post

Madden Ultimate Team will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles at approximately 5:00 AM Pacific Time on Thursday, January 7th (NOTE: Exact time subject to change). This all-new game mode is offered with a free title update to Madden NFL 10. Just in case you missed our hands on preview, check it out right here.

Madden Ultimate Team is an all-new, strategic game mode for the critically acclaimed Madden NFL 10 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. Take the challenge to create the definitive NFL team, by collecting virtual cards that include everything from NFL superstars, head coaches, stadiums and much more. Perfect for card collectors and fantasy football gurus, Madden Ultimate Team provides a unique football experience, giving you total control over building a single team in the quest to be crowned the ultimate Madden team. The Madden Ultimate Team game mode will be available free for Madden NFL 10 in January, via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

Features

Build Your Ultimate Team – With complete customization, take control over every aspect of your team. Set your starting offense, defense, special teams and then take your team to the field by playing games in Madden NFL 10. Determine who will coach your ultimate team, and then tailor additional aspects like uniforms and home stadium.

Nine Card Types – Collect bronze, silver and gold cards to form your ultimate team. Select from player, coach, playbook, injury, stadium, uniform, and contract card types. Go for the best with legendary player cards, as well as limited edition variants.

Develop Team Chemistry – Get an on-field chemistry boost, by selecting players from the same pro or collegiate team. Choose playbooks, stadiums and coaches from the same team to get an added boost, or allow Madden Ultimate Team to dynamically update as the lineup changes.

Acquire New Cards – Build your team in a variety of ways. Play games and earn coins to acquire new card packs, buy or sell cards with millions of Madden NFL fans at the auction block, or check weekly deals to purchase limited edition cards. Acquire additional card packs by using Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

The Hub – The home base for building your Madden Ultimate Team, The Hub provides easy access to your card collection. Make team changes or acquire new cards via the auction block or in-game store. Easily view total coins accumulated, team chemistry, team skill level, team record and total card value.

Online Leaderboards – Keep track of how your team ranks versus friends. Madden Ultimate Team online leaderboards will track your overall record, including head-to-head, versus the computer, and more.

Game: Madden Ultimate TeamReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Madden Ultimate Team Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LingeringRegime @ 01/07/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
To be honest, without playing friends, I just am not sure if I get the point of this. I really think this mode is made for kids who have money to waste and want to torture opponents by playing junk teams with loaded ones since you really can't hold onto a great team unless you purchase cards.

What happens if you never buy new players after their contracts expire? Does the mode implode? lol
You will have contract cards in your packs. You will have to make tough decisions on who to keep and who to let go.

It's not so bad, I enjoy the rush of opening a new pack of cards reminds me of when I was a kid. I will not purchase them from the store though, I refuse to do it.

If I do win a game with my current team, I will celebrate like I just won the Super Bowl. My starting QB is J.T. O'Sullivan and my backup is Jamarcus Russell. My Defense is even worse.

I am going to save up for a silver pack, and see where that leads me.

# 42 CreatineKasey @ 01/07/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
You will have contract cards in your packs. You will have to make tough decisions on who to keep and who to let go.

It's not so bad, I enjoy the rush of opening a new pack of cards reminds me of when I was a kid. I will not purchase them from the store though, I refuse to do it.

If I do when a game with my current team, I will celebrate like I just won the Super Bowl. My starting QB is J.T. O'Sullivan and my backup is Jamarcus Russell. My Defense is even worse.

Yeah I think if you make good decisions through auctions and selling cards, you could make your "ultimate team". I think I don't have a clear enough picture on this mode to make a complete judgment of it yet.

I'm not giving up on it just yet!

# 43 Altimus @ 01/07/10 05:52 PM
Quote:

If I do when a game with my current team, I will celebrate like I just won the Super Bowl. My starting QB is J.T. O'Sullivan and my backup is Jamarcus Russell. My Defense is even worse.

My starting QB is Johnny Flynn.

Right now I'm watching a simulation of what would happen if a CFL team played a NFL team.

# 44 jyoung @ 01/07/10 06:02 PM
The feature could've been awesome if they'd just put more effort into it.

Imagine if we had access to:

Quote:
full create-a-team (available in Madden 10)

create-a-playbook (available in Madden 09 through Head Coach)

challenge a friend (available in every multiplayer game released in the past 5 years)

full roster management (available in Madden 10)
But without all that, this mode is just a complete waste of time.

# 45 TerpsJunkie @ 01/07/10 06:17 PM
I was lucky enough to get not one but two first overall NFL draft selections in my starter pack... David Carr and Jamarcus Russell. The moves I have done with my team so far using coins I have earned include purchasing a silver pack, the limited edition Jerome Harrison card, and a bronze pack. Pierre Garcon was in the silver pack and I sold him for coins since I prefer to run it or dump passes off to the TE or RB/FB. I have also been selling any extra stadiums, uniforms, or playbooks that I have acquired to replenish my coins. I've used Harrison in one game so far and seems like he is well worth the investment. The opposing defense has been having fits trying to stop him in the open field.

# 46 PlatooN @ 01/07/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
The only way you can change uni's is to get a uniform card with a new team.
ahh, yeah i see now.
thanks.

# 47 LingeringRegime @ 01/07/10 06:50 PM
I wish that they would have tied the stadium with the uniforms. Looks strange seeing a team with Raiders logos and Unis, playing in Buffalo.

# 48 jyoung @ 01/07/10 07:04 PM
Or better yet, just give us the option to customize everything like the normal create-a-team feature from Madden 10.

If done correctly, this could've been Madden's answer to the team-building fun that you get from All Pro Football.

Instead it's just a tacky cash-grab.

# 49 CeltBhoy33 @ 01/07/10 07:10 PM
What the crap. I don't have an LT and I do not have enough points to buy a pack. I can't put anyone else in that postion because they already start in other postions. Anyone know what to do?

Edit:Nvm I bought out an LT I think that is really dumb.

# 50 dark_warhawk @ 01/07/10 07:30 PM
lol. that's because it is designed to be a money sink. you could really screw yourself over really fast if you are not careful

# 51 CreatineKasey @ 01/07/10 08:02 PM
There's no extra bonus for playing a better team online FYI. So there's no reason to play them outside of hurting some kid's feelings I just beat an 82 OVR team with some loaded players and although it was rewarding to beat the scrub, it wasn't rewarding points-wise.

# 52 tru2dagame @ 01/07/10 09:27 PM
how many cards (players) come in a pack??

# 53 tru2dagame @ 01/07/10 09:35 PM
none of my guys can tackle ! lol had like 40 missed tackesl in my game

# 54 jyoung @ 01/07/10 10:17 PM
I don't know why they thought it would be fun playing as 3rd and 4th stringers for your first 10-15 games.

I guess that's just more of an incentive to bleed money out of the consumers and force them to buy packs.

# 55 baseballsim @ 01/07/10 10:23 PM
Some people are so spoiled.

# 56 CreatineKasey @ 01/07/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I don't know why they thought it would be fun playing as 3rd and 4th stringers for your first 10-15 games.

I guess that's just more of an incentive to bleed money out of the consumers and force them to buy packs.
I think it's a strategy. You become attached to the team and mode so then as you go you eventually feel inclined to pony up and buy some real players to get some "skin in the game".

I think if they had some kind of weekly/monthly prize (real cash) they'd get more money out of people buying packs to try to win.

# 57 Bash @ 01/07/10 10:32 PM
Can someone explain how the contract system works? I got the legendary Brady card form the weekly deals tab after playing like 5-6 game and I don't want his card to disappear. So I have some questions. What happens when your players contract is up do you loose the card or is the card still there but you can't use it until you get a contract card?

how many cards are in the packs and what happens if your whole team's contract is up?

How many cards can you apply a contract card to?

# 58 jyoung @ 01/07/10 10:35 PM
You lose the card for good after the contract expires.

Only way to keep him is to buy more card packs and hope you get the one that extends a guy's contract.

# 59 Bash @ 01/07/10 10:41 PM
Well I guess I better go buy that Super contract card (extends for 12 more games) for 750 coins from the weekly deals shop after my next game. I don't want to loose Brady card he is 99 everything except for Speed and Agility.

# 60 LionsFanNJ @ 01/07/10 10:50 PM
bah. Skins uni's Chiefs playbook and stadium. bah.

on a side note, win a few 1 minute games against the CPU and you can get your coin count up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.